Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread*** - Page 85 - RC Groups
Jun 19, 2017, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticjoe
is there a way to change the measurements from metric to imperial ?
Master Blade has said it will be in next firmware release. Sometimes I use Litchi app as it has voice options that can be activated and set for various time intervals. I use 60 sec. Life of me I don't know why they don't add this to the Go apps., donnie
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 02:35 PM
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
I want to mount the lens inside the goggles instead of having to remember to have my readers with me, but that makes it so you can't hand them off to other people to watch as I had to use 4+ readers and I doubt most will see with those. I'm thinking about removing arms from the glasses and use some small rubber bands similar to the way the gimbal is mounted in the Mavic so I could remove them if I needed. It would be nice if they would include the RC and Video strength on the display also
Jun 19, 2017, 03:38 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerdS
How is the light intensity distribution around your screens? I see a darker region at left side covering about 20% of the screen. Visible e.g. at the startup screen but within video images, too.
Only left? With OSD on or off?
When OSD is on the edges are darkened, probably to increase text readability. And which is why I pretty much always fly in fullcreen mode, picture feels much larger.
Jun 19, 2017, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob
I want to mount the lens inside the goggles instead of having to remember to have my readers with me, but that makes it so you can't hand them off to other people to watch as I had to use 4+ readers and I doubt most will see with those. I'm thinking about removing arms from the glasses and use some small rubber bands similar to the way the gimbal is mounted in the Mavic so I could remove them if I needed. It would be nice if they would include the RC and Video strength on the display also
Well you could either do what I did https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lasses-Wearers
or what this guy did, scroll up a few screens to see the start of his thread:
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-g...-2#post-206558
Jun 19, 2017, 04:02 PM

activation

i received my goggles today and i have been trying to activate them for hours with no success.
i will be using them with a P4Pro and an Inspire so activation is one way via the assistant.
Strangely, opening and closing the assistant at some time the firmware menu appeared and i managed to update to the 800 firmware but activation
remains illusive.Any suggestions or help will be appreciated
I have latest Assistant ,
Jun 19, 2017, 04:28 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conprot
i received my goggles today and i have been trying to activate them for hours with no success.

i will be using them with a P4Pro and an Inspire so activation is one way via the assistant.

Strangely, opening and closing the assistant at some time the firmware menu appeared and i managed to update to the 800 firmware but activation

remains illusive.Any suggestions or help will be appreciated

I have latest Assistant ,

They should just activate when you connect.

What happens when you connect to Assistant 2 ?

Also are you logged in to it ?
Jun 19, 2017, 04:57 PM
yes i am logged in my account.
when i open the assistant there is a menu activate devise "start activation".Next menu it shows my login account and under "confirm your account"
Once i press it tries to proceed but then the message activation failed comes.
Last edited by conprot; Jun 19, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:38 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conprot
yes i am logged in my account.
when i open the assistant there is a menu activate devise "start activation".Next menu it shows my login account and under "confirm your account"
Once i press it tries to proceed but then the message activation failed comes.

Odd, try registering another DJI account with a different email address if you have one and see if that works.

It's possible the server is down but tbh it's not likely.
Jun 19, 2017, 08:34 PM
Never used goggles until DJIs, so I have nothing to compare them to. Overall they are great, WAY better than using a phone, and after the side light leak fix they work well with my Mavic and my Spark.

However, I am a bit surprised at how the colors seemed a bit washed out. Is this normal? Maybe they are more realistic and I'm used to oversaturated cell phone screens, or is there settings for this?
Jun 19, 2017, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpmark
Never used goggles until DJIs, so I have nothing to compare them to. Overall they are great, WAY better than using a phone, and after the side light leak fix they work well with my Mavic and my Spark.

However, I am a bit surprised at how the colors seemed a bit washed out. Is this normal? Maybe they are more realistic and I'm used to oversaturated cell phone screens, or is there settings for this?
Colors look fine on mine but it depends on what you have your settings on the Mavic set to. Using DLog etc will wash out the colors.
Jun 19, 2017, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Colors look fine on mine but it depends on what you have your settings on the Mavic set to. Using DLog etc will wash out the colors.
I don't mean on the video that's being recorded.....I meant on color on goggles display itself. Do camera settings affect display quality?? I didnt think so. But maybe I have the brightness set too high? I guess that can wash out colors.
Jun 20, 2017, 12:35 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Actually it's fine. I have +5 inside (for some reason it takes a higher power in front). My daughter can still see fine as they are now correctly set for "normal" distance vision users either natural or with distance corrected glasses.

Bottom line, anyone with distance vision can now use the goggles. Readers or nearsighted vision can NOT be used.
Jun 20, 2017, 01:23 PM
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsheldon
Well you could either do what I did https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lasses-Wearers
or what this guy did, scroll up a few screens to see the start of his thread:
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-g...-2#post-206558
Thanks Fred, I'm going to try the picture hook idea as I already got the readers that seem to work pretty good. Then I can put some foam or something to block the light coming in from the sides. I hate to give up on anything so I'm going to try and make these work one way or another. I was getting a lot of fogging last weekend when I was flying with them, 91 degrees and 100% and it feels like a swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Actually it's fine. I have +5 inside (for some reason it takes a higher power in front). My daughter can still see fine as they are now correctly set for "normal" distance vision users either natural or with distance corrected glasses.

Bottom line, anyone with distance vision can now use the goggles. Readers or nearsighted vision can NOT be used.
I didn't know they even made +5 when I went to walgreens all they had were ut to 3.25. I ended up going to the flea market to get the 4.0's
Jun 20, 2017, 02:22 PM
If you use one of these you can get a range of 1.0 to 5.0. I use 4.0 and my reading prescription is 2.5.
Name: IMG_0787.JPG
Views: 96
Size: 768.9 KB
Description:
Jun 20, 2017, 05:19 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Thanks Fred, I'm going to try the picture hook idea as I already got the readers that seem to work pretty good. Then I can put some foam or something to block the light coming in from the sides. I hate to give up on anything so I'm going to try and make these work one way or another. I was getting a lot of fogging last weekend when I was flying with them, 91 degrees and 100% and it feels like a swamp

I didn't know they even made +5 when I went to walgreens all they had were ut to 3.25. I ended up going to the flea market to get the 4.0's
The Carsons +3 worked fine between my glasses and the goggle lenses, except that they hit my glasses.

So I had custom lenses cut and fitted to insert into the goggle cups and out on front +3 wasn't enough but +5 was perfect. The lab tech cut them to the same 10 base curve as the stock lenses, they work great but were ridiculously expensive.

Seeing the Carson +5's, I would get them and trim to fit into the lens cups!