Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 25, 2017, 09:09 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jay
Haha! Watching you struggle with these decisions warms me heart.

(Of course, you missed the first buy window and now will have to wait until next winter, no doubt.)

Ray Jay
Hmmmm ......Did I miss it....or did I order them and was going to sell them on Ebay...That's the million dollar question... well maybe the $550 dollar question...Nobody knew I was on the first order of the Fly More combo either
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2017, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI Propulsion
As an actual owner, my comments on this gadget is that "It makes the tasks such as tracking down an acrobatic bird much much easier! It makes you feel that you are on board the mavic, instead of remote controlling it "
Have you tested them with the P4?
Apr 25, 2017, 10:18 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsmgr
Have you tested them with the P4?
Sooooo Ahhhhh, Your asking a DJI Propulsion Engineer if he has tested them with a DJI Product? Interesting.
Apr 25, 2017, 10:24 PM
You specifically mentioned them with the mavic, I am curious about your thoughts with the P4.
Apr 26, 2017, 01:55 AM
Not going to walk that one off
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsmgr
You specifically mentioned them with the mavic, I am curious about your thoughts with the P4.

With the P4 series you have all the same controls apart from no Fixed Wing, Cinematic mode so it will be the same experience.

Massive shame no head tracking with the I2, on the 360 gimbal would have been very cool.

Latest blog entry: DJI 5.5" Crystalsky Monitor...
Apr 26, 2017, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI Propulsion
As an actual owner, my comments on this gadget is that "It makes the tasks such as tracking down an acrobatic bird much much easier! It makes you feel that you are on board the mavic, instead of remote controlling it "

Nice to see you Dr T.
Apr 26, 2017, 02:23 AM
Tweaker
They show an accessory "sling case", in the manual. I hope those show up for sale soon as well!
Apr 26, 2017, 05:46 AM
I hope the actual GOGGLES show up for sale soon. I really don't like something being sold for about 4 hours and then shutting everyone else out without even a way to preorder. If it's not ready, then why string people along with a carrot on a stick.
Apr 26, 2017, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS Varmint
I hope the actual GOGGLES show up for sale soon. I really don't like something being sold for about 4 hours and then shutting everyone else out without even a way to preorder. If it's not ready, then why string people along with a carrot on a stick.
You'd rather they took thousands of orders then took 4 months to deliver them?

If you really want to get in the queue then you can pre-order from one of the reseller, here for example:

http://www.multicopterwarehouse.com/...=dji%20goggles
Apr 26, 2017, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Your area was lucky already. Some regions never got connected to pay since the very first few minutes.
Simply no pre-order at all.
Apr 26, 2017, 06:00 AM
It isn't always 'lucky' to be in the first production run

In the end I was happy to get my Mavic after there had been time to make small changes and improve QA.

I do understand the desire to get new stuff ASAP, but we all roasted DJI for the Mavic problems, it seems a little harsh to do the same when they appear to be trying to avoid it this time around.

It is a completely new production line and it is going to take time to get up to speed, it is ready, but volume is going to be limited for a while.

Either join a queue at one of the resellers, or set the 'in stock' alert on DJI.com and wait for the next batch to arrive I guess...
Apr 26, 2017, 06:08 AM

Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread***

Quote:

DJI Have been FAR more wise to do this but your post actually proves a point that there is no win here

With the Mavic there was 1 week delay and 4 months of back orders and people were out with pitch forks and demanding answers and changes moving forward.

Now they have actually constrained orders and taken that feedback people are still not happy.

No win, just look a the number of people here ho have ordered, I suspect numbers again have been very healthy.
Apr 26, 2017, 09:33 AM
Tweaker
Agreed, think how much working capital they have passed over by not taking all the pre-order money they could! Plus the hassle of keeping all the orders straight so some don't get ahead of others.
Apr 26, 2017, 09:37 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
That being said, what do you hear while flying?
Nothing since thre's no mic on any of DJI's aircraft.
It's most likely only for when you use them with a generic HDMI source.
Apr 26, 2017, 09:38 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Nothing since thre's no mic on any of DJI's aircraft.
It's most likely only for when you use them with a generic HDMI source.
It would be interesting if they spoke out the app warnings etc.

I do believe that they connect to models like the P4 via USB so it could be possible?