Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread*** - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 25, 2017, 08:04 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteki
When you fly a remote jellyfish, maybe 110ms is fine.
You gotta remember the difference, your flying for the sake of flying and you get a "Real time" glitchy down feed of your flight path. We are flying for the sake of getting pictures and video to capture and require a premium down feed to insure we know what we are "Filming" and what it truly looks like (Camera settings and such). Two different animals (Jelly fish included ) As yet the two have yet to overlap, the Mavic is the first attempt. I can assure you if you had a Mavic and the DJI goggles, you would wish that the systems racers had looked so good. When you fly DJI systems you appreciate the video view, some so much that they will settle for nothing less. YMMV BTW the average human eye hand reaction time is .25 sec. So yeah adding .11 to that mixes the stew, but with training it is easily overcome.

While still not as solid as Light Bridge or Occusync the difference is hard not to see: https://youtu.be/7sDALRnYi0E?t=80

Add this system to your rig and then remember what the Mavic Pro cost all in, out of the box for a whole flight system....It's apples to apples: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...=REG&A=details
Last edited by Repaid1; Apr 25, 2017 at 08:20 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2017, 08:37 AM
Registered User

DJI Goggles User Manual


https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+..._Manual_EN.pdf

After reading all 18 pages of DJI Goggles User Manual, I found it difficult to resist owning one pair especially for those who own several DJI Drones rather than simply one Mavic Pro via OCUSYNC. The functional support of this Goggles for different DJI Aircraft as on P. 13 of User Manual makes it so unique. Grabbed mine finally.

If you want one, you may contact individual DJI Flagship Stores as well.
They should be doing the pre-ordering right now.
Apr 25, 2017, 08:51 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+..._Manual_EN.pdf

After reading all 18 pages of DJI Goggles User Manual, I found it difficult to resist owning one pair especially for those who own several DJI Drones rather than simply one Mavic Pro via OCUSYNC. The functional support of this Goggles for different DJI Aircraft as on P. 13 of User Manual makes it so unique. Grabbed mine finally.

If you want one, you may contact individual DJI Flagship Stores as well.
They should be doing the pre-ordering right now.
Glad ya got yours finally, So I gotta ask looking at that list, would it be safe to "Assume" the P3P would fall in there with Inspire 1 (minus Gimbal) or good like the P4? Or is there no support beyond video for the P3, Blade and/or Ed?
Last edited by Repaid1; Apr 25, 2017 at 08:56 AM.
Apr 25, 2017, 08:56 AM
US Support / 107 Certified
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Glad ya got yours finally, So I gotta ask looking at that list, would it be safe to "Assume" the P3P would fall in there with Inspire 1 (minus Gimbal) and P4? Or is there no support beyond video for the P3, Blade and/or Ed?
They would be normal hdmi display if being used with a p3. No additional features.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Apr 25, 2017, 08:57 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
They would be normal hdmi display if being used with a p3. No additional features.
Hmmm guess I would need a P4 then.....what to do...what to do Me thinks I smell a slight DJI marketing scheme..
Apr 25, 2017, 09:53 AM
Registered User
You also lose head tracking functionality with the P4P+, as these can only be connected via HDMI.
Apr 25, 2017, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
They would be normal hdmi display if being used with a p3. No additional features.
So I can use these with my P3P just like I do with my Headplays now? Even though I hate the cable tether, this should be an improvement as far as being able to wear glasses easily. On my headplay I had to cut slots in the foam and it's still a pain to have to put it on and take it off.
Apr 25, 2017, 11:29 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsheldon
So I can use these with my P3P just like I do with my Headplays now? Even though I hate the cable tether, this should be an improvement as far as being able to wear glasses easily. On my headplay I had to cut slots in the foam and it's still a pain to have to put it on and take it off.
Yes if you have the HDMI out module, it will be a world of difference apparently. That's Kinda where I am. I got three DJI's, P3P, P4 and Mavic so breaking that down, it's a pretty good value. I am pretty sure I can sell my Zeiss Cinemizers for at least the cost of these...decisions...
Apr 25, 2017, 12:18 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

Speakers...


I like the fact that there are no earbuds dangling off the DJI goggles headband (ala Cinemizers) or earmuff speakers in the headband (ala Glyph) and that speakers are built in...
That being said, what do you hear while flying?
If it's motor whine, the speakers will most certainly be muted.
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Apr 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM.
Apr 25, 2017, 12:19 PM
Part 107 Certified
CG Photo's Avatar
Personally, I think head tracking is fun to play around with but it's not really all that practical for aerial work. I have not tried the DJI goggles yet but have used the trinity tracker in my Fat Shark goggles. Yes it works and you can look around but if you are actually shooting something I think it's better to have the goggles just display the video image and let you hand operate the controller joy sticks to move the camera.

What I am saying is, the most important part of the goggle experience is having a good readable display that works. The touch pad interface features are a lower priority feature. If you are considering purchasing things goggles and are worried that you won't have access to all the features for your aircraft, I would not let that stop you. Just having a good screen makes for a great FPV experience. I can tell you there are a lot of rather poor display systems on the market. The display quality is the most important part to enjoying the FPV experience.
Apr 25, 2017, 12:20 PM
Registered User
Any expected date when the DJI site will accept pre-orders again? Don't really get why it's displayed out of stock when there isn't even any stock yet because the shipping date is estimated for the 20th of may.
Apr 25, 2017, 12:53 PM
Registered User

And Then There Were Two!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Hmmm guess I would need a P4 then.....what to do...what to do Me thinks I smell a slight DJI marketing scheme..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Yes if you have the HDMI out module, it will be a world of difference apparently. That's Kinda where I am. I got three DJI's, P3P, P4 and Mavic so breaking that down, it's a pretty good value. I am pretty sure I can sell my Zeiss Cinemizers for at least the cost of these...decisions...
Haha! Watching you struggle with these decisions warms me heart.

(Of course, you missed the first buy window and now will have to wait until next winter, no doubt.)

Ray Jay
Apr 25, 2017, 01:45 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensdekippen
Any expected date when the DJI site will accept pre-orders again? Don't really get why it's displayed out of stock when there isn't even any stock yet because the shipping date is estimated for the 20th of may.
Probably because the got severely beaten up over taking thousands of Mavic orders and then not delivering them for months afterwards.

If they do this right and actually ship the orders they have taken on time it will go some way towards getting people happier with the process again.

If you want to join a queue though I'm sure the resellers will be happy to take your order and a little bit of research on the flow of Mavics may give you a good clue on where to put that order...
Apr 25, 2017, 05:32 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Mad_angler1's Avatar

Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread***


Its Ty



DJI - Goggles - See the World Take Flight (2 min 7 sec)
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Apr 25, 2017 at 07:24 PM.
Apr 25, 2017, 09:58 PM
DJI Propulsion's Avatar
As an actual owner, my comments on this gadget is that "It makes the tasks such as tracking down an acrobatic bird much much easier! It makes you feel that you are on board the mavic, instead of remote controlling it "


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Official DJI M200/210 Owners Thread Tahoe Ed Multirotor Drone Talk 299 Nov 21, 2017 05:17 PM
New Product Official DJI A3 ***Owner's Thread*** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 2268 Nov 20, 2017 11:10 AM
Discussion Official Parrot Disco ***Owner's Thread*** SasquatchLabs FPV Aircraft 1124 Nov 15, 2017 01:13 AM
Discussion Official DJI OSMO ****Owners Thread**** eirlink Aerial Photography 2181 Nov 10, 2017 04:35 PM
Discussion Official Parrot Disco ***Owner's Thread*** (FPV) SasquatchLabs FPV Talk 2 Sep 09, 2016 03:02 PM