Jun 26, 2017, 09:04 AM
weisenflymanheimer
Thread OP
Thanks for all the fun this year the wind god came through for us we had enough attendance to make combat really good. Bill, Nick,Denny,Leon, Marshall, Jeff,Brad, Judd, LP, Dean, Rich, Arbo, Phil, Chris, Greg,Rene hopefully we'll see everyone in Sept.
Last edited by snakecrew; Jun 26, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2017, 10:27 AM
formerly Juddkleinman
So much fun. Great to have so many people and such good wind. thanks for moving the event back a week.
Is the date for September set yet?
Jun 27, 2017, 12:21 PM
Thank Rene for putting this affair together!!! Flew 6 days straight and never been better!!!

Since I've not see a winner announced so I'd like to nominate Chris Swan as a one in a million good citizen. He must had spent a good 30 minutes picking up used TPs from the woods where campers make their daily donations. It's a privilege for us to fly and camp up there so let's please clean up after our selves so Mr. Swan does not have to schlep a big garbage bag full of butt wipes ever agin!! Let's camp the right way and that is ultra low impact and it should be cleaner than we found it.

Thanks Chris for making it better for the rest of us!

LP
Jun 27, 2017, 12:39 PM
weisenflymanheimer
Thread OP
Chris got the most kills saturday Rich got the most on Sunday
Jun 27, 2017, 02:29 PM
Expert At Rapid Deconstruction
Thank you Chris for the clean up.

I wonder if folks don't want to pick up their butt wipes if it makes sense to have a portable-potty brought up for the events. That's what the Midwest Slope Challenge does. There's a potty-potty right at the main slope.

My guess is it wouldn't be too much per person if everyone who attended chipped into the cost. And I'm sure the BLM and anyone else who uses the site for camping or para/hang gliding would appreciate a clean(er) site.

Comments please.

... Greg
Jun 27, 2017, 06:30 PM
Good idea but not sure if people will like the idea of paying for doing you know what. It really just take a few seconds and a little effort.
Jun 27, 2017, 07:13 PM
Wind is just moving air
Nobody probably saw it but I took my own port-a-potty; just a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat & lid on it. Put some portable toilet chemical/water in it to keep odors down. At the end of my stay I just put it in the back of my truck and then stopped at the outhouse down by the riverside park and emptied it out. I found a nice little private spot over in the trees just to the north of where we camp. I've been takin' care of business for several years like this.
Jun 27, 2017, 07:49 PM
Thx for that suggestion........I'll try that set up in my Sprinter. What chemicals are you talking about?
Jun 27, 2017, 07:59 PM
Wind is just moving air
Portable toilet chemical you can find in the camping or RV section at Walmart. Comes in a bottle about a quart size but you only need a little bit to keep the portable toilet from getting too ripe. A quart bottle will last a pretty long time.
Jun 27, 2017, 09:40 PM
I have a new toyhauler/trailer (for hauling 4wheelers or long wingspan planes) that has a chemical toilet with holding tank. The powder described above works really well to keep things civilized.
Jun 27, 2017, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the recognition LP...I was a little appalled when I went over the hill and saw the carnage and would hate for our group to be associated with trashing the place. The logistics of lining up a porta-potty might be too much of a pain to deal with though. I think spreading out over the land, burying your "business" 6 inches deep, and maybe throwing the toilet paper into the fire ought to be enough. Or we could use Furculow's new toy!!

Guys, what a great time. I'm so stoked that we had such a good turnout as I always worry that the scene might die off. The flying was great! Rowdy winds for combat and the nice wind down at dusk every night. Lucky to have that site and lucky to have such a good crew! See ya'll in the fall or next year.
Jun 29, 2017, 02:58 PM
What I'll do next time is simply hang a garbage bag near those trees and collect it at end of weekend.

Problem solved!
Jun 29, 2017, 08:25 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
I have a camp toilet that has a water holding tank so I can flush it. Blue liquid from wal mart keeps smell down.. Don't go car camping with out one. I have used it at lake Powell for years.

Quick Reply