NOR: 2017 RG65 National Championship Regatta, San Diego, CA, Aug. 11th-13th - Page 2 - RC Groups
Apr 30, 2017, 09:55 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipscratch
just wondering ... what happens if someone sails a Dragon Force 65 in this race? .. will they get slaughtered?
Is there a certain type of condition/winds etc where it would excel over other non-DF65 boats in the race?

just askin
the Mission Bay Model yacht pond is pretty fluky with lighter air, so a DF with stock sails will probably struggle against the swing rig RG65s, that weigh anywhere from 150-200 grams lighter...

but I agree, if you want to enter, its fun! There are RG65 regattas all over the worlds that have DragonForces enter the field... they just cant use the new A+ rig, because it wont measure in.. too big, but the stock A Rig will

Just keep in mind its a National Championship regatta for the RG65 class so the boat has to be in compliance, meaning the sails need to display the correct RG65 class insignia... etc etc..
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2017, 03:20 PM
Please note, the correct/updated NOR and registration form has been added to the first post and can be downloaded and printed out.
May 31, 2017, 03:01 PM
IBEX Lair, Cavalero Hill

Certificate & trimming the A+

I ttoo am mulling over hauling my DF65 down to Mission Bay Pond in August to scalp a few RG65 boats. First a few questions . . . 1.) The NOR refers to a valid measurement certificate. Where do I get one? 2.) I know it sounds like a hack job and sacrilege to some, but I will need simpleton instruction how to trim an A+ down to 2250. Please remember my tool kit has just a hammer, hack saw and paring knife!
May 31, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA 42
I ttoo am mulling over hauling my DF65 down to Mission Bay Pond in August to scalp a few RG65 boats. First a few questions . . . 1.) The NOR refers to a valid measurement certificate. Where do I get one? 2.) I know it sounds like a hack job and sacrilege to some, but I will need simpleton instruction how to trim an A+ down to 2250. Please remember my tool kit has just a hammer, hack saw and paring knife!
Don't waste your A+. Give me a couple days I'll post the 2250 version of the DF sails. They are not that much under and I would make them paneled.
May 31, 2017, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA 42
I am also waiting for this answer
May 31, 2017, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJAN SAIL 51
I am also waiting for this answer
The first draft of the NOR was in error. The regatta entry form ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4q...k2QTNTOWM/view ) requires a Statement of Good Faith, which is the basis on which the RG65 class has operated for decades.

Cheers,

Earl
Jun 01, 2017, 04:25 AM
That is what i thought was not sure if there was a new rule from IRSA
Jun 01, 2017, 06:33 AM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajan sail 51
that is what i thought was not sure if there was a new rule from irsa
irsa ?
Jun 01, 2017, 09:19 AM
Apologies to all for any confusion regarding weight and measurement certification/verification/registration or pending legislation.

The correct NOR/registration form is in-place now.
Jun 01, 2017, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy
irsa ?
Were else
Jun 01, 2017, 05:20 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCphotoguy
Apologies to all for any confusion regarding weight and measurement certification/verification/registration or pending legislation.

The correct NOR/registration form is in-place now.

I don't hink they are writing rules for RG65 class yet, but I may be wrong.
Jun 01, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy
I don't think they are writing rules for RG65 class yet, but I may be wrong.
check there web page looks like they are under news https://www.radiosailing.org/ This enough on this subject on this thread I don't want to bring out the tread police.
Last edited by BAJAN SAIL 51; Jun 01, 2017 at 05:37 PM.
Jun 07, 2017, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzway
Don't waste your A+. Give me a couple days I'll post the 2250 version of the DF sails. They are not that much under and I would make them paneled.
2250 DF65 PDF sails here with home printing instructions.
http://www.freewebs.com/breakingwind...ilpatterns.htm
Jun 19, 2017, 07:25 AM
This is coming up soon, need to get some more folks signed up ! This is the US RG65 Nationals , come and have fun in San Diego.
Jun 21, 2017, 12:17 AM

July 15th

Saturday, July 15th, we (Argonughts ) are going to have an RG65 tune up day at the pond. Start time will be at 10, racing starting at 10:30. We will race until we get 20 in or until wind dies off in the late afternoon. DF65 are welcome, yes, you may bring your A+ rig if you like as this is just a practice day. Msg Bob or myself if you want more details. If you haven't had a chance to sail at the pond for awhile or at all, this would be a great chance to get you feet wet. The pond is an awesome place for the RG65 class, the permit is pulled so we have the pond to ourselves to practice.

The US Nats are just around the corner