Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 23, 2017, 06:30 PM
Question

Servo Recommendations for Taborca

My Taborca should be shipping soon. Maybe SUSA will let me know tomorrow. But the question is what servos would be recommended for the six control surfaces? Is 3.5kg enough torque? Would 5kg or 7kg be the minimum? I really would like to hear from those who have a Taborca about what they are using.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2017, 03:32 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
The control surfaces are not that big, I don't think you need strong servos. But then I always put the biggest servos I can fit in the space available.

Be careful about the hatch on the fuselage. The spring under the hatch will bow the hatch up! I made a hatch clamp(I will take some photos and post it later) to keep it from bowing.

Is it a glider or e-powered?

Mine is still not put together yet.

Brian, an EAJ
May 08, 2017, 08:54 PM
Going with e-power plus hi-start. It arrived a couple of days ago and is still in the box. Next week I will start on it. Still trying to determine motor/esc/batt requirement for it.
May 10, 2017, 04:37 AM
You know nothing....
This thread might help
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=Taborca