Battery compartment :
2 x 3S 2200 mah battery
RX FrSky D8RII-Plus
May 20, 2017, 08:52 AM
are there files for the 3-d pilot?
david
May 20, 2017, 12:01 PM
What ground?!
You could sell that thing to a museum as a museum scale model! amazing!
May 21, 2017, 12:55 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomer
are there files for the 3-d pilot?

david
I use fighter pilot 3D model from 3Dwarehouse.sketchup.com by Max Grueter and scale it down to 1:10.
this is the original link https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...e6e3/JET-PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FokkerAce163
You could sell that thing to a museum as a museum scale model! amazing!
thank you

Jules
May 21, 2017, 01:03 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Maiden flight report. It didn't happen, she won't leave the ground even a bit. She were just rolling on the ground for at least 100 meters and wont fly.
I think it's a motor angle issue, I don't angled them enough. Then I tilted them more upward and put her on the ground to take off again. But this time the front landing gear was failed, the wheel shaft was broken, and I can't repair it on the field. I will try again next weekend.
May 21, 2017, 02:15 PM
thanks, Jules.
david
May 21, 2017, 02:53 PM
HJG
HJG
HENRY
Hi
Now that's very frustrating, but better than a pile of bits.
If its any help the projection of the thrust line should pass through the C.G. so I have gleaned on other threads, perhaps yours already does.
With a weight of only 2100 gms and all that wing area it's got to be a winner.

Henry
May 22, 2017, 03:41 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Posts, #12, #13, #14, and #15 ?

Ray.
May 22, 2017, 08:24 AM
When cows fly!
Dang! Was so looking forward to seeing this fly! Keep up the great work
May 22, 2017, 09:44 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJG
Hi
Now that's very frustrating, but better than a pile of bits.
If its any help the projection of the thrust line should pass through the C.G. so I have gleaned on other threads, perhaps yours already does.
With a weight of only 2100 gms and all that wing area it's got to be a winner.

Henry
Yes I thought already consider it on the design, but apparently the angle is not enough. I already change them and will try again next weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray
Posts, #12, #13, #14, and #15 ?

Ray.
I really appreciate for what you have suggesting Ray, but I better leave her not flying than to put the prop on the front
I have ordered new props 2 blades 7x5. I hope it will boost the thrust. Thanks for the input sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer146
Dang! Was so looking forward to seeing this fly! Keep up the great work
Thanks, will try again next weekend.
May 23, 2017, 03:06 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Video of the failed take off

RC A-10 Failed Take Off (1 min 32 sec)
May 23, 2017, 05:01 AM
Warbirds Lover
It's hard to be 100% sure because of the zoom but it seems that the speed is a bit low to try to take off such a big plane.

* Have you measured the thrust provided by the engines / props and is it strong enough ?

* Another point to investigte : the thrust angle of both the engines seems to be rather important and as the engines are behind the CoG, it seems that they are set to "raise" the rear of the plane and so... it may add a lot of pressure on the front wheel and prevent the plane to rise up the nose (?)

* i guess the CoG is correct ?

Cheers

Pascal
May 23, 2017, 08:11 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Mine, without the scale detail and using the main wheels fixed in the retracted position.

Also I have some 'down thrust', (viewed from the side, the motor shaft points slightly down towards the nose center).

And yes, the landing was embarrassing.

A-10 Thunderbolt.wmv (4 min 29 sec)

Ray.
May 23, 2017, 09:23 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
It's hard to be 100% sure because of the zoom but it seems that the speed is a bit low to try to take off such a big plane.

* Have you measured the thrust provided by the engines / props and is it strong enough ?

* Another point to investigte : the thrust angle of both the engines seems to be rather important and as the engines are behind the CoG, it seems that they are set to "raise" the rear of the plane and so... it may add a lot of pressure on the front wheel and prevent the plane to rise up the nose (?)

* i guess the CoG is correct ?

Cheers

Pascal
I already calculate it with static thrust calculator prop and motor combination will produce almost 2 kilos of thrust, but I didn't measure it yet in real.
The thrust angle "down thrust" is also included in my design but the tilt is not enough and needed more, I already fix that now.
CoG is correct I also calculate it using CG calculator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray
Mine, without the scale detail and using the main wheels fixed in the retracted position.

Also I have some 'down thrust', (viewed from the side, the motor shaft points slightly down towards the nose center).

And yes, the landing was embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH9OtCLUGOU

nice flight sir, pretty easy take of. What's the wingspan and AUW?

Ray.