A-10 Thunderbolt II 1700 mm - with plans when finished - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 15, 2017, 05:35 AM
Warbirds Lover
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
I bet the next step will be "painting all the plane's Markings", then "making a bit of weathering" and finaly the maiden flight.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2017, 11:34 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
I bet the next step will be "painting all the plane's Markings", then "making a bit of weathering" and finaly the maiden flight.
That's correct



Dry fitting the canopy
May 16, 2017, 03:38 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
applying decals
May 16, 2017, 08:11 AM
HJG
HJG
HENRY
Hi,
Amazing progress, and yet the results do not look rushed. Do you print out your decals on inkjet decal paper, or are they farmed out and printed on transparent vinyl ?

Regards
Henry
May 16, 2017, 09:31 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
I print it on transparent sticker, in a digital printing shop. They don't have transparent vinyl, only white vinyl.
thanks, btw

Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJG
Hi,
Amazing progress, and yet the results do not look rushed. Do you print out your decals on inkjet decal paper, or are they farmed out and printed on transparent vinyl ?

Regards
Henry
May 16, 2017, 02:24 PM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Enough for today, sorry for bad photos, I'll take more on daylight
I forgot to print American flag, so I made it myself and it sucks, need to replace it later
May 17, 2017, 02:22 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
more photos on outside.

May 17, 2017, 09:53 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Taxiing test, the result was the main landing gears are too weak. I just glue them with CA glue.
I already use epoxy glue to glue the strut to the retract unit, we'll see the result tomorrow.

But I'm pretty happy, the propeller blades are not visible, just like I expected.

I use portable mp3 player with speaker, it plays looping A-10 engine sound, the weight is about 130 grams. It adds too much to the final 2200 gram AUW, I think I will strip it on maiden flight and see the result. If it fly good then I will put the player back.

Scratchbuilt RC A-10 Thunderbolt II taxiing test (1 min 20 sec)
May 17, 2017, 10:24 AM
Warbirds Lover
Dreamcatcher's Avatar
+1 for removing the Mp3 player - "a plane is always too heavy" .

Your A-10 is a pure jewel, i wish you the best for the maiden flight (and a video to share with us )

I'm admirative in front of such a nice result in so few time...
May 18, 2017, 12:17 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thanks Pascal
hope the best for your new plane's maiden flight

Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
+1 for removing the Mp3 player - "a plane is always too heavy" .

Your A-10 is a pure jewel, i wish you the best for the maiden flight (and a video to share with us )

I'm admirative in front of such a nice result in so few time...
May 18, 2017, 02:39 AM
IŽll be back
depronator's Avatar
Very nice model!
Good luck for maiden.

Wbr
Juri
May 18, 2017, 03:38 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Thank you Juri

landing gear test video
I think that epoxy glue really did the job making the struts pretty rigid.
EVA foam for landing gear base also did well for landing gear's suspension

Scratch built RC A-10 Thunderbolt II 1700 mm : landing gear test (0 min 52 sec)


Quote:
Originally Posted by depronator
Very nice model!
Good luck for maiden.

Wbr
Juri
May 18, 2017, 03:56 AM
Registered User
Oh wow she wants to fly
May 18, 2017, 11:42 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
julescrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbororman
Oh wow she wants to fly
hahaha she hits a speed bump.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion fms 1700 mm beaver floatman Waterplanes 2 Dec 01, 2016 06:23 AM
Discussion Is their room for 2 3s batteries in FMS 1700 mm Corsair dhenry132 Electric Plane Talk 3 Mar 02, 2016 03:24 PM
Discussion 1700 mm size planes planes weedsnager Electric Plane Talk 3 Feb 21, 2016 11:44 AM
Discussion 120 mm EDF A-10 Warthog eatond Castle Creations 0 Apr 01, 2008 01:34 PM