A-10 Thunderbolt II 1700 mm - with plans when finished - Page 2 - RC Groups
Apr 28, 2017, 05:28 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
update on engines (dummy)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2017, 06:48 AM
Hi, Jules. It is clear that you master the art of doubling/folding the depron ...! How do you do it? What technique do you use? Tips?
Apr 28, 2017, 08:22 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriqueigl
Hi, Jules. It is clear that you master the art of doubling/folding the depron ...! How do you do it? What technique do you use? Tips?
You will need a heat-gun with variable temperature and a stationery wooden/ metal cylinder rod. Set the heat-gun to medium, and then heat the foam sheet from top to bottom with zig zag movement and to top again, flip the sheet and do the same. And then flip again on front side and do that again. Then place the sheet on top a stationery rod and then press gently and rub it inward into your direction, you must rub it inward or else it will break. Rub it until the sheet is slightly curved, and then rub it again to make more curve and so on if you want to make a cylinder or a tube. Don't force it or it will break. You can also use the table edge instead of metal rod.
Apr 29, 2017, 02:20 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
2 update photos. Engines (dummy) already installed
May 05, 2017, 03:04 AM
I am very exited with his construction, because he is so easy and at the same time so great ... To see these plans when they are done ... To reinforce the construction, do you plan to line the model with some fiber and resin? For my models I use a resin made of thin film-coated cellulose glue, with alcohol to burn, and fiberglass of 25grs / m2. It can work very well, it dries quickly, it can be retouched (with alcohol directly) and once dry, it is very resistant. It is like using expoxi, but with the advantage that if needed, it can be removed, repaired, dissolved, rebuilt , Very easily.
May 05, 2017, 09:04 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
I will just covering it with white matte oracal vinyl and paint it with light grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enriqueigl
I am very exited with his construction, because he is so easy and at the same time so great ... To see these plans when they are done ... To reinforce the construction, do you plan to line the model with some fiber and resin? For my models I use a resin made of thin film-coated cellulose glue, with alcohol to burn, and fiberglass of 25grs / m2. It can work very well, it dries quickly, it can be retouched (with alcohol directly) and once dry, it is very resistant. It is like using expoxi, but with the advantage that if needed, it can be removed, repaired, dissolved, rebuilt , Very easily.
more update, dry fitting the wing
May 07, 2017, 08:41 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
all control surfaces are in place, next its wingtips
Wing joints is a success, very rigid and strong.

May 07, 2017, 08:49 AM
Awesome......

Can't wait for the Maiden......and the plans ;-)
May 07, 2017, 08:59 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianG.
Awesome......

Can't wait for the Maiden......and the plans ;-)
me too, thanks
May 08, 2017, 04:25 AM
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 08, 2017, 07:16 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
All retract landing gear are in place, next will be landing gear fairing/ cover on each wings

May 09, 2017, 08:06 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
just arrived this evening, HQ quad racer prop 6x4x3 CW & CCW

May 09, 2017, 10:42 AM
HJG
HJG
HENRY
Hi
Very nice build, are you tape hinging your control surfaces, cannot make out the detail on the photo?.
Also can you please give details on the retract units used and did they need any mods is this going to be grass field
Usable?

Regards
Henry