Apr 21, 2017, 02:17 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Where are those "not ARF" kits, for powerfull 90mm edf

Years back i looked around for a slightly bigger edf jet.
The model i found was a yellow aircraft stingray. I found it a nice looking plane. And wanted to converted it to EDF whit a 90mm edf in 12S lipo. Brining up 5 kilo of thrust. Unfortunally the funds where not there.

Now the funds are there i looked to the stingray. It is not available anymore
Looking forward for an other "not arf" model (and not full gfk), i can't find a nice kit. Are all kits gone?

Yellow had a few nice kits, but not available anymore.
Looked to Avonds kits, also nice, but a little big for a 90mm edf.
The BVM kits (electra) is out of my budget.

What kits are made, which are building kits?
Thinking of GFK fuselarge and covered foam wings.
So not full GFK or a full foam kit.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2017, 06:45 AM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Check out the Jet Hangar line of kits, most are perfect for 90mm fans.

http://www.jethangar.com/
Apr 24, 2017, 02:57 PM
Thread OP
thanks for the link.
looked at those planes and last weekend i send Larry an e-mail. haven't got an answer yet, but ik will give it a few days
Apr 24, 2017, 10:43 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoeby
thanks for the link.
looked at those planes and last weekend i send Larry an e-mail. haven't got an answer yet, but ik will give it a few days
There are a couple of A4's in process right now. A friend has the Sabre and it flies really well!
Apr 24, 2017, 11:32 PM
Classic jets rule
ive built the a-4,A-7,mirage,and 2 F-86 back in the day ,all good fliers the F-86 is the fastest build.
Apr 25, 2017, 02:52 AM
Thread OP
Looked and searched here on RCgroups on the JHH jets.

De F-16 looks very nice. And is one of my favrorit jets.
But i think it is not the right jet for me. On my field we fly from gras. No tarmac strip. Whit the F-16 gear being small, that could be an isue.
Also getting a clean intake will we not easy, to keep the nose-gear away of the ducting.

Looking at those points, more jets will drop off.
Small-gear: The A4 also has the gear close to getter.
Intake clearance of gear. This maybe a challange to the F-86.

Than there a the phantom, panther, cougar and Mirage.
Thinking of flying from gras. I think the panther of cougar would be the best choise. Big wings surface and a big fuselarge for putting the setup in.
Apr 25, 2017, 09:16 PM
Classic jets rule
the cougars flies nice and has a big wing ...the gear are kinda short so hope your grass is pretty short.

Quick Reply