Big twin DTFB plank - RC Groups
Apr 20, 2017, 09:24 PM
Where did that tree come from?
Build Log

Big twin DTFB plank

I love planks. Especially Bill Evans' Simitars. I also love Dollar Tree foam board and Flite Test building techniques. And I REALLY love twins. So, throw all that in the blender and you get this. 50" wingspan, 18" root chord, 12" tip chord, straight leading edge, 750 square inches. Planning on Suppo 2212/13 motors on 3s with counter-rotating 8x6 props. Next is to figure out the fuselage. More soon...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2017, 08:38 AM
Good aspect ratio for preidictable, well-behaved plank. If your wing loading is reasonable you'll have a nice flying airplane.
Apr 30, 2017, 08:00 PM
Where did that tree come from?
It's been windy and rainy here so no maiden yet. It's actually not quite finished anyway, but it's close. All that's left is to cap the wingtips, install the control rods, and clean up the electronics/battery compartment. The tape job on the fuselage didn't turn out as neat as I'd like, but it's built to fly, not look at. I think it turned out pretty good overall. It balances perfectly without any added nose weight and the landing gear worked out really well. I hope to get it flying this week if the weather cooperates.