Apr 20, 2017, 01:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

What's going on with Banana Hobby?

I placed an order with them last week. I went to their site Monday to check my order and it had a UPS tracking number listed, however, when I clicked on the tracking number, UPS showed no status whatsoever, nothing. So I sent BH an email. I heard nothing back. I sent them another email yesterday and heard nothing. This morning I sent them a text. I heard nothing. I tried calling them and all I got was recording telling me to leave a message and they will call me back. They finally responded to my text, but it's like they didn't read my message at all. I told them I checked on my order on their site and saw that it was shipped out, but the tracking number shows nothing. Their response was "your order was shipped out on the 17th and the tracking number is blah blah blah". I know it was shipped, or at least they say it was, but why isn't there any tracking info for the tracking number they gave me? If it was actually shipped on the 17th there would certainly be some movement shown on the UPS site. All it says is "no recent tracks". I hate it when places of business jack me around like this, and then you can't get ahold of them to get things straightened out. Any of you ever have any similar dealings with BH, and if so, how did you get it straightened out?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 03:27 PM
It is normal for some cariers to accept packages and only ship them a few days later. Depends on the shipping type (normal or express) and the drop point (if it is a subsidiary agency it takes longer) BH has been around for a while and although CS isn't great they are legit.
Apr 24, 2017, 11:50 AM
Banana Hobby Service Agent
grampi,

This sounds very familiar, I'm quite certain I may have assisted you. Please review your latest text message from us. We reshipped via USPS to reduce any more downtime/delays. It is likely your original shipment with UPS experienced some problems, but we'll take care of that. I'm not sure if you got a chance to see, but the new USPS tracking number is showing delivery for today, 4/24/17.

Sorry about the troubles.

-Alex
Dec 20, 2018, 06:44 AM

Banana Hobby issues 12-20-2018

I am having issues right now. I can't track my product and also never received a reply back from Banana Hobby. I called and texted. It did not charge me for "standard shipping", so I have no idea what this is going to cost to ship. Their website made me go through the process without showing me. If I selected UPS, then it would show, but not all of their choices show. I plan to contact the BBB, attorney general, and post where I can (Yelp, RC boards, etc...) if I don't receive the correct product or if I don't receive the product. If you order from them, do not expect to be able to talk to anyone. If this is resolved I will update my post.
- Charles L. - 12-20-2018

Quick Reply