This thread is privately moderated by iacei, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 20, 2017, 05:37 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Runcam Mini SWIFT vs PZ0420M

Hi Folks,

I wanted to add a new small camera to my MTD with a video switch but I when compared it to my current and trustworthy PZ420M I realized that it had such a nice picture that I wanted to do a review of it.

Let’s get to it!

RUNCAM MINI SWIFT:

https://www.banggood.com/Runcam-Swif...1271257201502N

Packaging:

The packaging is really complete, OSD, manual, screws, brackets etc...

What I found really nice were the silicon wires and not some cheap regular wires that break easily near the connector.

Concerning the 2nd bracket I do not really know how to use it but I guess it s for a pan and tilt setup.

The Cam itself is really small but not the smallest I saw with this kind of lens.

It’s not particularly light because the case is in metal but on the bright side it is really sturdy.

What I don’t like is that the bottom is not really flat so you have to use the bracket.

Here you can see a picture comparison with the well-known PZ420M:

front / back configuration (what I initially wanted)

Sorry about the lines it's due to my setup but I wanted to test in real conditions with OSD and 1.2Ghz.

Here side by side to really compare in the same conditions.

Mini SWIFT VS PZ0420M (1 min 53 sec)

Please note that both cams are on default settings and again sorry for my poor reception (1.2Ghz > 5.8ghz > DVR)

You can see that for a smaller form factor you get a better picture. The compatibility with the Vector OSD is great too so all in one it will become my new camera of choice for my setups.

What is nice too is that you can set a callsign on the camera OSD which is a must for race quads.

In a nutshell:

- Strong, Quality build
- Nice Vibrant picture
- OSD
- Small form factor
- Currently cheap (35$)
- 2 colors of choice (Orange / black)
- Big Voltage range 5-36V

For me It’s a great candidate for a race quad or a normal sized plane, for a small plane though I would choose something lighter. To be perfect it would have been great to have a voltage sensor but not a major drawback.
Last edited by iacei; Aug 22, 2017 at 03:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply