HobbyKing SU-35 Fighter Prop Jet - RC Groups

HobbyKing SU-35 Fighter Prop Jet

The HobbyKing Sukhoi SU-35 is a lightweight EPO foam model prop jet made to be as easy on your wallet as it is to fly.

Splash

Affordable SU-35 Sport Jet

The HobbyKing Sukhoi SU-35 is a lightweight EPO foam model prop jet made to be as easy on your wallet as it is to fly. This sport jet is driven by a 2212 2450kv brushless motor that is rear mounted mid wing. This allows it to look and feel like a ducted fan jet, but have better thrust and acceleration when you need it as well as greater efficiency for longer run times. You'll need to provide your own radio receiver and a 3S 1300-2200mAH lipo. The plane is made from EPO foam with minimum scale details, although they do provide a decal sheet to up the scale appearance. It's more of a sport flyer than a scale model though.

The SU-35 is easily hand launched with just a slight push, the thrust of the motor and 6x4 prop will get it up to speed quickly out of your hand. There is plenty of power for large aggressive loops and the roll rate can be as insane as you want it to be, just watch the video below to see that in action. It has carbon spars to handle the stresses of high G turns and loops. The top end speed looks to be pretty fast, but you might be surprised by the slow flight characteristics of this model. The pusher prop near the tail provides great airflow over the tail surfaces and allows the plane to fly along at a slow pace in high alpha which looks like a ton of fun. There are two versions available for sale, a kit with no electronics that costs just $38.50 or a PNP model for $68.88. At those prices, these SU-35's are stress free fun.

Check out the HobbyKing SU-35 Fighter Prop Jet Kit Version

Check out the HobbyKing SU-35 Fighter Prop Jet PNP Version

Specs:

• Length: 1050mm
  • Wingspan: 735mm
  • Motor: 2212-2450KV
  • ESC: 40A
  • Propeller: 6x4E
  • Servo: 9g (x2)

Apr 18, 2017, 11:41 AM
DFS#000178
This looks like a lot of cheap fun. I definitely want one!
Apr 18, 2017, 12:11 PM
You're still holding off on buying this ? lol
Apr 18, 2017, 02:07 PM
Both the kit and PnP are on backorder now.

I had the Ikarus profile one - a lot of fun, but that 'prop in a slot' setup sure is noisy
Apr 18, 2017, 05:29 PM
yank and bank!!
Great looking plane.
Apr 19, 2017, 06:08 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Both the kit and PnP are on backorder now.

I had the Ikarus profile one - a lot of fun, but that 'prop in a slot' setup sure is noisy
Especially when the prop is on backwards like this one in the photos

LURCH
Apr 19, 2017, 06:29 AM
Ha - good spot

It's amazing how many people think that will give reverse thrust!
Apr 19, 2017, 06:57 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Ha - good spot

It's amazing how many people think that will give reverse thrust!
The biggest problem is, that is the same picture on the HK web site.
I can just see it now, you are going to get people putting the prop on like that due to the pictures and then complain it won't fly!!

LURCH
Apr 19, 2017, 07:14 AM
Yeah it used to be really common in the old days of foamies with Speed 400 ferrite motors and white Gunther props - people used to put those on back to front and complain about terrible performance. I've seen it done with multirotors too.
Apr 19, 2017, 01:15 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quick Build -- Kitbashed Hobby King SU-35 (3 min 34 sec)

Pretty solid deal for the bare airframe, which is super light. Did a quick conversion to a twin pusher, and it ended up being exceptionally aerobatic

-A
Latest blog entry: Giant Scale Lego Plane
Apr 19, 2017, 01:18 PM
RCG Staff
Nice AJ! Love the idea of a twin...
Apr 19, 2017, 06:46 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Thanks! It ended up flying way better than I hoped.

-A
Apr 20, 2017, 11:49 AM
have any up close pictures of your twin pusher setup?

I built mine last night. I didn't get a manual. Do you know where CG is? I'd assume about center of the battery compartment
Apr 20, 2017, 02:34 PM
Just wanted to put this here for you guys. Shows you the unboxing, full flight and step by step build

SU-35 Fighter Jet 735mm EPO - Product Profile - HobbyKing Live (10 min 58 sec)
Apr 20, 2017, 07:20 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
There's no documented cg, but based on the battery compartment location, I think if you use the supplied gear, it just ends up in the right spot. I'm flying mine with it balancing right at the front of the plastic motor mount piece.

A