Apr 18, 2017, 03:20 AM
FrSky-MKT
New Product

A combination of receiver and variometer sensor? That is not a question for FrSky!

Information update:

Thank you for everyone's reply and suggestion, we seriously consider yours advises and give an improvement of this product!

One more channel, one more AIN and add a SBUS in.

Are you satisfied with it? Sincerely appreciate for yours help guys! ; )

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-for-FrSky%21

Do you want a receiver with more channels?

Do you want a combination of receiver and variometer sensor?

Just show us your hands replying this thread if you are interested in. Look forward to your replies.
Last edited by AndreaHuang; Apr 18, 2017 at 10:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2017, 03:29 AM
Yes, that would be great for all small gliders But my glider uses 7 channels... maybe 6 is just one to less. I think a very common setup is:
- 1: Motor
- 2: Elevator
- 3: Rudder
- 4: Left aileron
- 5: Left airbrake / flap
- 6: Right aileron
- 7: Right airbrake / flap

I could use 2 S.Bus to PWM adapters in each wing but i don't have any room for that. The cables come out of tubes on the end of the wing and fall in the fuselage.

Combined with a high precision vario on board it would be great A2 available for the motor battery would make it perfect

Name? VX7R? Vario X-series 7 channel receiver
Apr 18, 2017, 03:32 AM

A combination of receiver and variometer sensor? That is not a question for FrSky!

Exactly!! As i requested last year, this is just what we gliderpilots need!! Agree with Tadango about channels, 7 at least! And i would love to see an input for xm+ as a backup receiver like the rX8r has. Equip it with relative long whisker type antenna's and then... Then it is the perfect rx for gliders!

G-x7r where G is for glider off course 😜
Last edited by Japie.G; Apr 18, 2017 at 03:41 AM.
Apr 18, 2017, 03:35 AM
Absolutely!
Apr 18, 2017, 05:06 AM
A G8R would be great. 8 Channels + Vario + Stabilizer would be perfekt (but only with a working software - no green bananas please).
A S8R with Vario. Nice. When I can order two of them
Last edited by grmpf; Apr 18, 2017 at 06:46 AM.
Apr 18, 2017, 05:38 AM
I think the Frsky should be more on a 12 channel receiver, a Vario is nice but on the important things first!

A 12 channel receiver would be the time like other manufacturers have.
For larger gliders, which need more than 8 channels.

If then a good Vario is installed, is synonymous ok
Apr 18, 2017, 05:40 AM
Get RAD! and stay RAD!
Both a X4R and X8R with built in vario would be pretty sweet.

But sport flyers only, F3K comp guys can't use the vario, so having the option to plug one in for practice is the best option.

But non comp flyers it sounds a great idea.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Apr 18, 2017 at 05:52 AM.
Apr 18, 2017, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slope Devil
I think the Frsky should be more on a 12 channel receiver, a Vario is nice but on the important things first!

A 12 channel receiver would be the time like other manufacturers have.
For larger gliders, which need more than 8 channels.

If then a good Vario is installed, is synonymous ok
The main reason for this receiver is a small solution for small gliders. For large gliders there is space enough and separate components are not an issue.
Apr 18, 2017, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
The main reason for this receiver is a small solution for small gliders. For large gliders there is space enough and separate components are not an issue.
Since I have a different opinion as you.
Frsky does not ask for small solution for small gliders but generally.

Also in models that need more than 8 channels is usually very little space for more components, since you are wrong!

Let's just agree that Frsky needs two new receivers ;-)
Apr 18, 2017, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Since I have a different opinion as you.
Frsky does not ask for small solution for small gliders but generally.

Also in models that need more than 8 channels is usually very little space for more components, since you are wrong!

Let's just agree that Frsky needs two new receivers ;-)
Or maybe they can build a small S.Bus expander with 8 outputs?
Apr 18, 2017, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
Or maybe they can build a small S.Bus expander with 8 outputs?
Since Frsky has new tasks a third part ...

They can do that, but then please so synonymous analogue servos function and not be grilled.
This is now the case with the current 4-channel S-Bus inverter, and it is not even in the guidance to read.
Apr 18, 2017, 09:25 AM

Why a 12ch rx? 2x x8r does exactly the same? Gives 16pwm channels..
Apr 18, 2017, 09:30 AM
I'd love to see vario-equipped versions of the X4R/X4R-SB (for small and RES gliders, and FH with SBus-wired wings) and RX8R.

Now if you could get MKS to make SBus wing servo's, all you'd ever need is the X4R family.
Apr 18, 2017, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japie.G
Why a 12ch rx? 2x x8r does exactly the same? Gives 16pwm channels..
For large gliders with narrow fuselage, there fit no 2 X8R purely.
Apr 18, 2017, 10:19 AM
Quote:
For large gliders with narrow fuselage, there fit no 2 X8R purely.
Easier to fit 2 X8R's end to end than 1 12ch in a narrow fuselage.