Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Spirit Gyro ESC With Telemetry - Version 2.4

Spirit Systems opens the door to maximum compatibility with major manufactures with the new version 2.4 release.

Splash

Version 2.4 to be released soon!

Spirit Systems has been working hard on some significant additions to their flagship gyro. In version 2.3 they provided capabilities to accept data from major ESC manufactures. It also gave you vibration analysis, a new governor and a list of other software enhancements.

They have a new update on the way, v2.4 due in the next week, that opens the door to all the major ESC manufactures that have the capability of providing telemetry and critical data. It allows you to capture logs and display the data directly on your transmitter with the current manufacturers listed below, but not limited to as they plan to integrate compatibility with other manufacturers. The goal for Spirit Systems is to have a complete cost effective gyro system that is truly plug and play. The Spirit Systems 2.4 update will soon be available to the public for the μSpirit, Spirit and the Spirit Pro.

Supported transmitters that currently display telemetry data.

• JETI Duplex
  • FrSky Taranis, Horus / OpenTX
  • Graupner HoTT

These manufacturers can provide Voltage, Current, Temperature, Capacity, and BEC voltage. RPM readout was already available with version 2.3.

• Castle Creations Phoenix Edge & Talon
  • HobbyWing V4
  • Scorpion Tribunus
  • Kontronik KOSMIK & JIVE PRO

As they approach the release date Spirit will provide step by step instalation, connection and interfacing instructions from the Spirit Wiki page HERE.

For more information about the Spirit Systems stabilization system click here.

Last edited by ndfly700; Apr 17, 2017 at 08:42 PM..
Apr 18, 2017, 04:15 PM
Love the frsky support. Anyone wanna swap a spirit for a brain?
Apr 19, 2017, 08:05 AM

i have a brain

That is why i am flying (in good) spirit (s) for 2 years already.

-looks for that "il get my coat now" icon-
Last edited by cmulder; Apr 19, 2017 at 08:44 AM.
Apr 22, 2017, 02:05 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Spirit really are on a role, they have also recently announced that they expect to have a GPS module for the Spirit Pro within the next few months.
Apr 22, 2017, 07:19 PM
How close are those trees?
Great FBLs - I have 6 with a new USpirit also ordered (for a 180 CFX).

I'm just wondering though with this new update does that mean I won't need a JLog or Kontronik TellMe as a interface between my ESCs and Jeti receiver?
Apr 23, 2017, 04:38 AM

that is what it looks like

the spirit appears going to be "translating" the data from the esc to the "language" the receiver "understands" (converts the esc data to the telemetry protocol of the used control link)
Apr 24, 2017, 12:54 AM
How close are those trees?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder
the spirit appears going to be "translating" the data from the esc to the "language" the receiver "understands" (converts the esc data to the telemetry protocol of the used control link)
Great - Just ordered a JLog the day before I saw this post!

May have one available cheap soon