Boldclash Bwhoop B-03 review - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 17, 2017, 08:23 PM
Discussion

Boldclash Bwhoop B-03 review

Here is a review of the recently released Bwhoop B03 quadcopter, a whoop style quad available at T-mart currently, featuring 716 motors and altitude hold.

Tmart link orange or blue

Unboxing:

The quad comes in a small box containing the quad, tx , and a bag of accessories, charger, 4 props and a mini screwdriver. This is no different from other quads like it.

Name: 20170412_141626res.jpg
Views: 35
Size: 27.8 KB
Description:

Name: 20170412_141758res.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 395.6 KB
Description:

Technical info:

The quad is the same size as other quads like E010 and F/H36. It uses a 260mA battery to power the larger, 716 motors. The motors use 0.8 mm shafts, and as such they fit the same props as the other whoops. Because of the larger motors, the frame is slightly taller, but is otherwise similar. Quad weight measures up to 29.44g on my scale, including battery.

The quad features altitude hold, and it's stock tx has a centered throttle stick. The tx uses bayang protocol , with the addition of 2 extra buttons. It can be flown with devo or a module.

The motors are attached to the board using plugs, solder pads are also on the board but not used.

Name: 20170412_143753res.jpg
Views: 55
Size: 73.2 KB
Description: without battery

Name: 20170412_141839res.jpg
Views: 154
Size: 140.4 KB
Description:

Name: 20170412_154053res.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 70.0 KB
Description:

Name: 20170412_154114res.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 72.1 KB
Description:

Flight:

The quad flies well, the yaw rate is pretty normal ( not insane), and there are 2 rates to choose from, I'd call them slow and medium. The altitude hold is very stable, but the quad changes altitude pretty slow, so don't expect to go up or down in a hurry.

The usual features such as flips and headless are present, I have not tried headless as I'm not a fan or it. 2 additional buttons are present, "Auto takeoff", which makes the quad take off and jump to about 50cm , and "Emg stop" which cuts the motors instantly. It's possible to accidentally press "emg stop" while trying to change rates, at least before you get used to the stock tx.

I added a cam to the quad, and the quad didn't have any problems lifting it. It was a F-01 , 3.5g cam. It was quite easy flying fpv with alt hold.

Name: 20170418_101305res.jpg
Views: 142
Size: 83.2 KB
Description:

Conclusion:

I believe this quad would be suitable for a beginner or even a child, as the altitude hold reduces difficulty quite a bit. The yaw rate is pretty slow, pitch and roll are ok. It can also be used with a camera.

pros:
* altitude hold
* larger motors
* beginner friendly
* stable
* devo compatible
* flashing port

cons:
* altitude hold is a matter of preference
* red lights at front

Other notes:
*The provided battery contains a protection pcb

Calibration:
Sometimes the quad will "fall" instead of holding altitude:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=39
Last edited by silverxxx; May 05, 2017 at 07:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2017, 07:38 PM
found a cheaper ebay link for $8 right now (expired )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BoldClash-BW...z5V&rmvSB=true
Last edited by silverxxx; May 05, 2017 at 07:06 PM.
Apr 25, 2017, 02:55 PM
How are you powering the camera? Soldered the same way as usual, or is there a cable that can power it via the flashing port?
Apr 25, 2017, 05:36 PM
You can power it from the flash connector if you like, or there is another, 3 pin micro jst connector on top, that has power also. I soldered a plug and connected the cam to it in my case.
May 17, 2017, 11:46 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Has anyone already mentioned that the stock JST-PH battery plug (also the PCB socket and stock charger) are wired in reverse compared to the usual E-flite standard polarity, too?

I just wanted to charge the stock batts connected to a Paraboard and got polarity warning in my I-Charger.

Just a friendly shout out.
May 17, 2017, 06:37 PM
Didn't know that, must be the same on E010 and E011 though
Jun 16, 2017, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverxxx
Didn't know that, must be the same on E010 and E011 though
E010and 011 are "normal" polarity. Is the E-flight reverse polarity from them ?
Jun 17, 2017, 07:56 AM
Just received one of these yesterday and the alt. hold doesn't work very well. It bobs up and down and 5 out of 6 flights it maxed rpms and stuck to the ceiling. Had to hit the kill button to get it down. Tried calibration and no help. Also what does the acceleration, deceleration buttons do?
Jun 17, 2017, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
E010and 011 are "normal" polarity. Is the E-flight reverse polarity from them ?
I don't have any e-flight batteries so not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69
Just received one of these yesterday and the alt. hold doesn't work very well. It bobs up and down and 5 out of 6 flights it maxed rpms and stuck to the ceiling. Had to hit the kill button to get it down. Tried calibration and no help. Also what does the acceleration, deceleration buttons do?
Sounds like it's broken. Not sure of any acceleration / deceleration buttons. There is a rate button, the quick take off , emergency stop and trims.

You should ask the place you got it from to send you a replacement
Aug 04, 2017, 09:54 AM
tHe n00b on YouTube
Here is my flight video of Boldclash BWHOOP B-03 with Stock TX

Boldclash BWHOOP B-03 Flight Test (3 min 37 sec)
Aug 23, 2017, 06:28 AM
hello everybody,
I have seen that it says this model is devo compatible, but I canīt seem to be able to bind it with my devo 7E the orange one and the blue one also no Binding.
I was just able to bind with the black one the Pro model the others 2 I canīt seem to be able to get them to bind, how did you guys where able to bind them, please?
waiting for your reply, take care and keep on flying and having great fun.
Aug 23, 2017, 07:45 AM
tHe n00b on YouTube
You need to center your throttle to bind.
Aug 23, 2017, 02:01 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
For the Multi-module the deviation models list says B03 is Bayang protocol - which I guess is different from the Devo protocol used by some of the Walkera models.

Is the B03 Pro the same board and protocol as the B03 then, or is it something else?
Aug 23, 2017, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
For the Multi-module the deviation models list says B03 is Bayang protocol - which I guess is different from the Devo protocol used by some of the Walkera models.

Is the B03 Pro the same board and protocol as the B03 then, or is it something else?
It's the same board, protocol, but no baro is installed.

The flashing pin is 3 pin on the pro, but the pcb holes are 4. The batt+ pin is not connected to the plug.

Apart from that, the motors have more power
Aug 23, 2017, 05:53 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverxxx
It's the same board, protocol, ...
Figured, but comment about Devo above made me wonder ... and after silverized it stays with the same Bayang protocol?

Quick Reply