Oct 15, 2004, 07:48 PM
Thread OP

anyone ever flown the kyosho PBY Catalina?

ok i bought this PBY 4 years ago and have never flown it. i have only flown electric but i am finially confident that i can fly well enfough to get this bird in the air without crashing. just wondering if there is anything that i should know about how it fly's...does this plane stall easy? it looks like it will be a nice slow easy flyer but not sure so i thought i would ask. Also it is powered by .25 os 4 stroke motors spinning 9/7 3 bladed props
thanks jeff
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2004, 05:52 AM
Mr Birdie ~ Flight Expert
WOW! I like the look of your Catalina, My Grandad flew Catalina's in WW2, I notice the wheels on it are well spaced, are they origional or did you fit them?.

Sorry cant offer any advice other than can you find someone who can pre-fly it for you and trim it, maybe give it the stall test etc. It would be a shame to wreck a lovely plane.

I have been hankering for a twin, do they still make these, I want one!.
Oct 17, 2004, 07:45 AM
I've never flown one but I have seen two of them fly, one off water and the other off land. I don't want to worry you but both were flown by fairly experienced pilots and both crashed on their first or second flights. It seems to stall out very easily if you on't keep the speed right up in turns. I would suggest giving it plenty of time to gain speed and height after take-off and sticking to very gentle turns until you get used to its handling.

Steve

Quick Reply