Gilbert Quiet Flotilla - RC Groups
Apr 17, 2017, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Discussion

Gilbert Quiet Flotilla

Recently members of the Gilbert Quiet Flyers R/C club (GQF for short) have taken up electric boating/sailing. It started with going to a friends place to fly R/C floatplanes. Some of us had boats already that just needed dusting off. When we all had a place to come together with water we realized this might be something bigger so we decided to start a group, maybe a full-blown club in the future but lets see where this goes first.

Since most of us are in the GQF already we decided to keep a similar name and "Flotilla" seemed to be the best way to keep it. Currently there are about 7, maybe 8 of us that have either electric racing, scale or sailboats. We have been sailing at a private residence in the Val Vista Lakes community(invitation only) and at the Dobson Ranch Park lake in Mesa (home to the Mesa Model Yacht Club already) but may look for a venue in the city of Gilbert.

We would like to see what kind of interest there may be from others in the Gilbert/Mesa/Chandler/Tempe/Queen Creek area.

Above all we want to have fun and not get too serious, at least for now.

Feel free to chime in
Last edited by wyldkrd; Apr 17, 2017 at 01:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2017, 01:33 PM
Totally!!
Seas the day!!
Apr 17, 2017, 05:38 PM
Totally!!
Well guys I will start us off. I bought some corrosionx for our ex's and whatever control boards you want to use it on to make them waterproof.
Apr 17, 2017, 07:22 PM
"Thumbs"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolibruch1
Well guys I will start us off. I bought some corrosionx for our ex's and whatever control boards you want to use it on to make them waterproof.
Good start guys......

Corrosion X for everything electronic except for the pots in the servos. Do not ask how I found out!!?
Apr 17, 2017, 07:51 PM
"Thumbs"

G.Q. Flotilla

Some initial exposure to this Flotilla experience...........

Did not expect it to be this fun. I guess it is the group of friends one's with.... as always!!

Question: Which GQF does float planes belong to??
Last edited by Quiet E. Flyer; Apr 18, 2017 at 01:41 PM.
Apr 17, 2017, 10:07 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Way to go.
Apr 18, 2017, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I can fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet E. Flyer
Question: Which GQF does float planes belong to??
I think that is the bridge between the two so more with the "Flyers"
Apr 18, 2017, 12:02 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Nice job in combining the best of both worlds.
Apr 18, 2017, 01:04 PM
Dropping into the GQF forum like
Apr 18, 2017, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Here's a taste of the float flying we do also
Apr 18, 2017, 01:39 PM
"Thumbs"

Boat .....Plane

Here's my favorite composite.......
Apr 18, 2017, 11:12 PM
Totally!!
Some action shots from today!!
Apr 19, 2017, 01:51 AM
NICE!!! Should have called in sick today.

Love the shots from the 1st Flotilla meet? Rigging's done on my Affinity. Just need to work out what to do about the hatch.
Either way looking forward to the 2nd? Flotilla meet. Should have my Affinity as well as a Pro boat Shock wave ready to go.
Apr 19, 2017, 06:24 AM
Totally!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Webb
NICE!!! Should have called in sick today.

Love the shots from the 1st Flotilla meet? Rigging's done on my Affinity. Just need to work out what to do about the hatch.
Either way looking forward to the 2nd? Flotilla meet. Should have my Affinity as well as a Pro boat Shock wave ready to go.

The tape works well!! I have used 3 times now. But the joysway explorer v5 is the same boat. If you can find a deck from that boat it fits. I have one of the decks and i haven't used it yet
Last edited by bolibruch1; Apr 19, 2017 at 04:45 PM.