Advanced OSD speed alarm for ET Vector - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 17, 2017, 12:04 PM
Question

Advanced OSD speed alarm for ET Vector

Hi. I am running Vector beta 12.60 and notice that I got always an alarm of LOW SPEED on OSD.
I do set on advanced osd screen setup ( configure alarms for gps groundspeed ) the low alarm enabled and the trigger value to 40 Kh . Used the display alarm text to display ... LOW SPEED STALL.
My OSD still showing forever the info on ground stoped and even in air when I am flying at 70 Kh or more.
Could it be my error, anything else I must check or this is normal to Vector and the alarm never clears?
Maybe JohnET or others knowing the program could help.
Tanks
JMCNeto
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2017, 04:16 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemanel
Hi. I am running Vector beta 12.60 and notice that I got always an alarm of LOW SPEED on OSD.
I do set on advanced osd screen setup ( configure alarms for gps groundspeed ) the low alarm enabled and the trigger value to 40 Kh . Used the display alarm text to display ... LOW SPEED STALL.
My OSD still showing forever the info on ground stoped and even in air when I am flying at 70 Kh or more.
Could it be my error, anything else I must check or this is normal to Vector and the alarm never clears?
Maybe JohnET or others knowing the program could help.
Tanks
JMCNeto
Interested to try this out, but I have to admit that I am confused by the user interface.
For groundspeed, if I would like a low speed threshold configured, I tick the Low Alarm Enabled checkbox, and the High Alarm Checkbox is also selected (with a black block rather than a tick)

Why is this?
How do I know if my "Alarm Trigger Value" will trip if the measurement goes above or below this value ?
Apr 18, 2017, 08:57 AM
Hello,

Please open a support ticket and provide your config file and a log file from a flight where this occurred.

When you select hi or low, the other one is essentially "greyed out" so it can not be selected.

Regards, John
Apr 18, 2017, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
Hello,
When you select hi or low, the other one is essentially "greyed out" so it can not be selected.
Regards, John
Thanks for the clarification John.
Apr 19, 2017, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
Hello,

Please open a support ticket and provide your config file and a log file from a flight where this occurred.

Regards, John
John / EagleTree

For info, using the "block/mixed" state on a checkbox is not the way to show it is disabled. What you should do is actually *disable* the checkbox ! :-)

Using the mixed state, implies that this is a nested checkbox and there are sub checkboxes, some of which are selected and some of which are not.

Please refer to Windows UI guidelines for checkboxes :
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../hh700393.aspx

I think what might work better here is a radio button pair, where the user can either select High or Low. Much easier to understand I think.

Hope this helps.
Apr 20, 2017, 08:01 AM

Ticket closed but remains doubts

... Explained that I must wait 10 seconds on a speed greater than the low limit to clear the alarm.
But the question is HOW THE ALARM IS TRIGERED ?
When not flying , just preparing and moving aroun with the plane I got the ALARM.
Could it be my error ?
How is the alarm deployed ? Is it just after beeing flying at minimum speed or else?
Could you please inform?
I will try reduce the value and test again but meanwhile it will be good to know how to check.
Tank you
JMCN
Apr 20, 2017, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemanel
... Explained that I must wait 10 seconds on a speed greater than the low limit to clear the alarm.
But the question is HOW THE ALARM IS TRIGERED ?
When not flying , just preparing and moving aroun with the plane I got the ALARM.
Could it be my error ?
How is the alarm deployed ? Is it just after beeing flying at minimum speed or else?
Could you please inform?
I will try reduce the value and test again but meanwhile it will be good to know how to check.
Tank you
JMCN
Is it simply because the value is below the alarm level when you have not taken off. If you have a "LOW" alarm then that would fit wouldnt it?