Macs Products - RC Groups
Apr 17, 2017, 12:29 PM
AMA 2680
Discussion

Macs Products

Is anyone looking to take over their line? I know there is a need for their headers and such.
I know since Dave passed away, nothing has been said or heard from from/about them.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2017, 01:26 PM
I have been helping the family dispose of the facility, nobody has purchased the company, a lot of the machinery has been sold, very little interest from anybody interested in continuing the line. Most machinery went at flea market prices. I have a small portion of the inventory(mostly nitro and marine), Mecoa bought some of the inventory (mostly gas, but some nitro headers). PM's welcome on what I might have. I have sold my last YS61RE header, have all three standoffs of YS61SE. Have some OS 61SF headers, only 2 OS61RE left hooks. Rossi 61 and 45, OS 21-32 SE. A few 61 pipes, TP, MTP, Quiet pipes. PM me if you are looking for a specific header or pipe. I have a lot of stuff not listed here.
Apr 17, 2017, 05:35 PM
Hi Rudy,
I'm sorry to hear that nobody wanted to continue Mac's Products. Maybe the glory days of glow engines have passed, but there are still many enthusiastic users (including me). I've been running Mac's headers and pipes for four decades.
Hopefully Joe M. will see this and be motivated to create an adapter for OS engines to utilize Rossi headers.
Apr 17, 2017, 05:56 PM
What type of tools/equipment is required? I might have someone interested in making these headers
Apr 17, 2017, 09:13 PM
You will need to make the mounting 'face' plate. I would think a CNC milling machine would probably be ideal. A tubing bender. Something to cut aluminum tubing (perhaps a band saw with a metal cutting blade). Welding equipment to join the face plate and the tubing. Lastly, fixtures to hold the face plate and tubing during the welding process. Of course, the volume of headers made might demand more/better equipment, but I think that the above list is a good approximation for starters.
Good Luck and keep us posted if you decide to start making headers :-)
Apr 19, 2017, 12:08 AM
Very sad to hear for sure. I really only used their headers. Hopefully a good solution will come from all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy F
I have been helping the family dispose of the facility, nobody has purchased the company, a lot of the machinery has been sold, very little interest from anybody interested in continuing the line. Most machinery went at flea market prices. I have a small portion of the inventory(mostly nitro and marine), Mecoa bought some of the inventory (mostly gas, but some nitro headers). PM's welcome on what I might have. I have sold my last YS61RE header, have all three standoffs of YS61SE. Have some OS 61SF headers, only 2 OS61RE left hooks. Rossi 61 and 45, OS 21-32 SE. A few 61 pipes, TP, MTP, Quiet pipes. PM me if you are looking for a specific header or pipe. I have a lot of stuff not listed here.
Apr 19, 2017, 08:39 AM
I have heard Mecoa Model Engines purchased the remaining stock and equipment. I've been checking their site but have yet to see anything about it.
Apr 20, 2017, 08:54 AM
MECOA buys up a lot of things which seem to then fall into a black hole, never to be seen again
Apr 20, 2017, 10:38 AM
Like Webra engines...
Apr 20, 2017, 06:07 PM
HI Rudy . I'm looking for a mac EX-Long header #2862
If you have one , name your price. Thanks Dennis denber@dejazzd.com
Apr 21, 2017, 12:04 AM
I have a program that will completely save all the different webpages of a website to your harddrive so you can browse it offline or as a backup of the websites content.

I wanted a copy of the Macspro site before it goes offline. Wish I would have used it on the RCMplans site before it disappeared.

I used it for archival purposes and also used the internet archivesWayback Machine to archive all the content for prosperity.

If anybody wants to make a copy for themselves the program is free to download at http://www.httrack.com/

The whole macspro site only occupies about 16MBtyes on my drive.
Apr 23, 2017, 11:33 AM
AMA 2680
Rudy,
Thank You for the care package
Apr 23, 2017, 02:58 PM
Yep,

thanks for mine too. Well received.

David
Nov 03, 2017, 11:49 PM
Do you have anything for a YS 140 ? Such as a Quiet Pipe set up ?
Nov 05, 2017, 09:05 PM
Bodybuildr, I don't have anything for the YS140 four stroke. I have seen one of the FAI pattern flyers at our field with a pretty trick setup, I think it was from Japan.