Apr 17, 2017, 01:57 AM
Thread OP
Video

giant four engines cargo foamy

i build a four motor cargo with depron. Inspired by the plan of the cargo twin enlarged to 140%. Wingspan 2 meters, four Torcster A2212 / 10T 1400 Kv engines with APCE propeller 8X4, four ESC 30A and two 3S battery 2200 mAh 35C

this is the maiden flight and you can see at the start of the video the mounting of removables wings

giant four engine cargo maiden /vol de test quadrimoteur géant (5 min 18 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2017, 10:52 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Excellent !

Apr 17, 2017, 07:09 PM
Awesome. Well done!
Apr 18, 2017, 04:41 AM
Thread OP

the second test fly for batterys

after 6 min of flight battery at 50%

giant four engine cargo second fly test /quadrimoteur géant deuxième vol de test (6 min 24 sec)
Apr 19, 2017, 02:22 AM
Thread OP

giant four engine bomb drop and reverse flight

I must strengthen the wings, on the looping after the second flight back they fold dangerously .....

giant four engine bomb drop and reverse flight / mon quadrimoteur géant largage bombe et vol dos (3 min 31 sec)
Apr 19, 2017, 12:18 PM
Build more, websurf less
Beautiful plane. I could see the wings bending - good idea to reinforce now. Paul
Apr 19, 2017, 12:28 PM
When cows fly!
Love the flying field! The runway might be a little hard to hit though
Apr 25, 2017, 03:24 AM
Thread OP

four engine crash

i don't know wath happen with the transmitter but she beep continuously and no control of the plane (the esc is not fail i think because the motors is on before the crash)
the transmitter is a turnigy GTY-i6
if anyone had an idea ?
thank's

Yves

crash four engine / crash quadri moteur (6 min 54 sec)
Apr 25, 2017, 11:54 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
What is supplying power to the receiver/servos ? If it is the BEC of one of the ESCs , it may have had a voltage drop causing the receiver to brown out . The best solution is to power your receiver/servos with a separate power supply , such as a receiver battery . If you do that , be sure to disable the red wire from the ESC/BEC currently supplying the power to the receiver/servos .
Apr 26, 2017, 04:34 AM
Thread OP

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
What is supplying power to the receiver/servos ? If it is the BEC of one of the ESCs , it may have had a voltage drop causing the receiver to brown out . The best solution is to power your receiver/servos with a separate power supply , such as a receiver battery . If you do that , be sure to disable the red wire from the ESC/BEC currently supplying the power to the receiver/servos .
i made that now, i think also it is a ESC fail

Yves
Apr 26, 2017, 01:24 PM
Thread OP

test receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
hi
i test receiver with a stabized voltage power and i found the alarm when the voltage drop behind 4.2 V, the sound is the same behind the crash i put an UBEC on all my model no

Yves
Apr 26, 2017, 02:40 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo5400 View Post
hi
i test receiver with a stabized voltage power and i found the alarm when the voltage drop behind 4.2 V, the sound is the same behind the crash i put an UBEC on all my model no

Yves
On two of my planes ( that I DON"T want to crash ) I use this external BEC with this tiny 750mah 2S battery ( from HobbyKing ) to power my receiver and servos . That way : if the flight pack battery or ESC fails during flight , I'll still have control of the rudder/elevator/ailerons to bring the airframe in for a landing .
Apr 26, 2017, 03:18 PM
12th Pursuit Squadron
Instead of a LiPo and BEC, I would suggest using a 2S LiFe pack of similar capacity. This would eliminate the possibility of the BEC being overloaded and/or failing. I use a couple of nice Cheetah 850 mAh LiFe packs from BPHobbies in my sailboats and would use them in planes that I would not trust to an ESC/BEC.

J.P.
Apr 26, 2017, 05:13 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAeronut View Post
Instead of a LiPo and BEC, I would suggest using a 2S LiFe pack of similar capacity. This would eliminate the possibility of the BEC being overloaded and/or failing. I use a couple of nice Cheetah 850 mAh LiFe packs from BPHobbies in my sailboats and would use them in planes that I would not trust to an ESC/BEC.

J.P.
That would work too .
But in my case I already had several small 2S lipos ( and I don't have a LiFe charger ) - so I just had to add a BEC .

I don't think a BEC will overload and/or fail if it's appropriate for the voltage and amp draw of the receiver/servos/accessories/etc that it will be supplying power too .
Apr 28, 2017, 11:34 PM
Thread OP

he fly new

It's flying, it's broken as if it came from the war but it holds in the air. After 5 minutes of flight battery has 40% and Ubec cold to the touch (to the wattmeter not more than 2 A with the 4 servos and it is a 4 amp)
On the other hand one of the reinforcing rods between the wing and the fuselage has unhooked on take-off so I have not forced on the figures

four engine test fly after repair/vol de test après réparation (6 min 3 sec)

Quick Reply