What rc helicopter for beginner? - RC Groups
Apr 16, 2017, 10:00 PM
Help!

What rc helicopter for beginner?

I am looking for a nice rc helicopter for indoors use and i don't mind outside use too but i am looking for something not too crazy or not too fast i just want something that can fly and last some good minutes under 200$ of course, and be safe and have spare parts if i break anything and something that is stable.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2017, 10:11 PM
Take a look at the xk k110! It's a great little heli that does all that you just asked for and then some! (But it does not auto rotate).
It is small so it won't hurt too much when you hit yourself with it(don't ask how I know).
It is soo stable is amazing and it handles quite a bit of wind too! And the very best part is that parts are very cheap!
Put short: it won't disappoint you!
Apr 16, 2017, 10:29 PM
+1 XK K110. Great little bird. Grab it with some spare parts.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Apr 17, 2017, 12:28 AM
Heligamist
Besides the K110 if you want something super cheap to learn flying and orientation indoors (and outdoors light winds) there is the WL Toys V911. With radio it can be had for around $35 US. It's very rugged and you can beat the bugeebus out of it and not feel like you've busted the bank. Highly consider investing in a simulator and a good radio as that will be money you will never regret spending even if you decide to change to airplanes or quads.
Apr 17, 2017, 04:11 AM
v977 is way under $200 . Great little heli however its easier to break due to having more power as its brushless. My first flight on the v977 in 6g mode broke a swash ball and lost a link as i hit a chair.

v911 great little heli, really inexpensive and pretty durable. it will fly outside in light winds

WL Toys V911 - Outdoor flight with upgrades (3 min 0 sec)
Apr 17, 2017, 07:57 AM
I like my little MCX2. Coaxial, fun to zip around the house and doesn't hurt when I hit the wall.
Apr 17, 2017, 11:25 AM
Id say get something like a v911 for indoor flying and a v977/k110 for outdoor.

The v911 u can crash alot without any damage to the heli or damage to your furniture.

The v977/k110, is fine for indoors to, but u have to be careful since it will brake stuff, hitting hard objects with it may damage it for the surgery table. If not careful it can cut deep wounds aswell, I've gotten one.

But I prefer cp helis all day, much more predictable.
Apr 17, 2017, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrillew
Id say get something like a v911 for indoor flying and a v977/k110 for outdoor.

The v911 u can crash alot without any damage to the heli or damage to your furniture.

The v977/k110, is fine for indoors to, but u have to be careful since it will brake stuff, hitting hard objects with it may damage it for the surgery table. If not careful it can cut deep wounds aswell, I've gotten one.

But I prefer cp helis all day, much more predictable.
Can you link to the v911 please? and how much it last while flying?
Apr 17, 2017, 12:50 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by charbel1011
Can you link to the v911 please? and how much it last while flying?
Here is an Amazon link (They are a few dollars cheaper on EBay)

https://www.amazon.com/Single-Rotor-.../dp/B009SE5DRO

I'd get some extra upgraded batteries. You will get 5-8 minutes or at least I do on the bigger batteries.
Apr 17, 2017, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Here is an Amazon link (They are a few dollars cheaper on EBay)

https://www.amazon.com/Single-Rotor-.../dp/B009SE5DRO

I'd get some extra upgraded batteries. You will get 5-8 minutes or at least I do on the bigger batteries.
I think im going for the v977 it looks sexy, any reviews on it for beginners?
Apr 17, 2017, 01:02 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
I think im going for the v977 it looks sexy, any reviews on it for beginners?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...icopter-Review

BirdBarber is the master on the V977/K110
Apr 17, 2017, 01:13 PM
Screwed Again My Friend
Value hobbies had them a year or so ago . I picked up 2 for my son to learn to fly ,and ended up flying them inside this winter . I payed 25.00 each ? Don't know if they still have them . One tip if you get one , I overfly it and blades hit the flybar weights , especially if flying backwards in circles lol
Apr 17, 2017, 01:25 PM
Screwed Again My Friend
I would say to get this . https://hobbyking.com/en_us/solo-pro...d-and-fly.html

I have 2 and a few bnf because the remotes for it are hard to get anymore . This can be setup to fly like a coax or wild for 3D . I keep mine in the middle to do flips but that's it
Apr 17, 2017, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...icopter-Review

BirdBarber is the master on the V977/K110
Brokedad any link so i can buy the v977? im sorry asking a lot of questions but i need to make sure im buying the right thing, btw is it good can it handle crashing and damages since im a beginner? ? and is the spare parts for it are still available if something broke or anything ?
Last edited by charbel1011; Apr 17, 2017 at 01:49 PM.
Apr 17, 2017, 02:09 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Brokedad any link so i can buy the v977? im sorry asking a lot of questions but i need to make sure im buying the right thing, btw is it good can it handle crashing and damages since im a beginner? ? and is the spare parts for it are still available if something broke or anything ?
You can buy it on Amazon, Tomtop, EBay, etc .. I don't even know if you are in the USA.

Quick Reply