This thread is privately moderated by mandevil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 16, 2017, 04:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Zhiyun Tech Z1 Tiny 2 gimbal woes

Yesterday, when I was fixing gimbal mode selection not work (turned out to be a loose pin in the JR connector) I decided to investigate different gimbal version. So I loaded 1.11p version into it. Well, it seems to work, but now I cannot perform any more upgrades. When I try the gimbal apparently stops responding and goes completely slack. So it seems that I'm stuck with what I loaded in.

The new software is the 'p' version, which is the PWM input directly commands the position as opposed to the 's' software that commands speed and sense of change. There are some advantages to the position version -- you can adjust your transmitter so that the slider detent is neutral position and the maximum deflection is some other position like 90 degrees downwards for the pitch axis. The downsides are that you can't easily do the very slow movement. I have added a delay for the pitch axis and see how it works. Also, the movement is limited in this version, so the 90 degrees down is the limit and you can't pitch upwards as well.

Also, the Zhiyun Tech website no longer lists the gimbal, so it looks like they discontinued and no new version of the control SW are coming. Sigh.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply