Oct 15, 2004, 09:55 AM
Thread OP

Best deals on recievers,servos,esc etc....

I'm about to get in to foamys.
I there any place that sells package deals for foamys for the electronics?
Example..Hitec feather reciever
Hitec hs55
motor?
phoniex 25
batt lipo?
= $$$
Or is it beter/ cheaper to buy them separately.
Thanks
Shaun
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2004, 10:50 AM
Troy at av8 hobbies is great to talk to and will help you find what you need. Now if you know what you need, Aero micro has everything, not much talk! Best deals? Let me know when you find that--- Best deal on servos I ever got was Hobby people were giving cirrus 5.4 for 12.99 ea. (I bought 10!) Should of bought 100!!! Now I'm out! So I'm looking also! Btw, gws stuff is great, and better buying seperate than pkg deal with one exception, av8 gives nice discounts if you buy pkg, specially if you buy lots! Your welcome Troy!
Oct 15, 2004, 01:21 PM
Check out www.AllERC.com. You can make a custom flightpack with the componets you want. I ordered my stuff from there. I thought it was a pretty good deal and it shipped fast.
Oct 15, 2004, 01:32 PM
what does this button do?

cervo city

this is the cheepest ive found
servo city
Oct 15, 2004, 11:51 PM
Just "PLANE" crazy
you can even try www.aircraft-world.com
Oct 16, 2004, 12:32 AM
ProBro
I'd stay away from the Feather Reciever. Yes, it's light and cheap but most of the people that I've talked to have had glitching problems with them.
Go to RC Direct and look at a Berg 4 or if you want to save a bit more money look at their Berg 5. I don't think you can get a better RX and the price is pretty good.

I bought another just a few weeks ago and it was shipped to my door in 3 days with the crystal for 56.24...
Oct 16, 2004, 01:18 AM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Type in "flight packs" at ebay
Oct 16, 2004, 02:29 AM
Git-R-Done
You could also try here...http://www.hobby-lobby.com/eflight.htm
but they are a little pricey on their stuff.
Oct 16, 2004, 06:11 AM
Will fly for food
I ifnd that AeroMicro (www.aeromicro.com) and Aircraft World (www.aircraft-world.com) are pretty uch the cheapest on many things.

LOTS of online suppliers. I have also bought form Todd's Model, LightFlight R/C, NE Sail and others. Some have better prices than others, but they all sometimes have sales which make them cheapest on some items.

Bottom line, shop around.
Oct 16, 2004, 10:06 AM
www.balsapr.com Jim has GREAT prices on stuff. You can even "negotiate" your tx prices!
Oct 16, 2004, 10:33 AM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDuck
Check out www.AllERC.com. You can make a custom flightpack with the componets you want. I ordered my stuff from there. I thought it was a pretty good deal and it shipped fast.
Anybody know anythong about the 4.3 gram servos on this site? Only $13.95 which souds awfully cheap.
Oct 16, 2004, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
In my experience 'cheapest' depends upon daily availability and 'sales'.

www.balsapr.com usually has decent prices and their motor charts are helpful.
Oct 16, 2004, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Thanks everone, That's enough links to keep me busy shopping for awhile!!!!
Oct 16, 2004, 08:03 PM
For micro servos do a search on Ebay. I purchased around 50 of these 6 gram micro servos for $8.99 each. I use them with my GWS Rx's and they work perfectly. They are really reliable as well, I have them in all my foamies and where ever I need to save weight.

Quick Reply