MJX Bugs 2 B2W, GPS, 1080p Camera, 5.8 FPV, 2km range, Dual-way transmitter - Page 70 - RC Groups
Nov 14, 2017, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Shooting stroke, 999m is the maximum the transmitter will measure. I have verified 1600 meters(1 mile), but I had a 5.8ghz camera and vtx on it so I could actually see where the quad was.
Great range. Indeed this quad can with no problem easily fly beyond 1km distance......and rth with no problem....that makes it a great affordable GPS quad. Only it's height has been restricted
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2017, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
TOFnow, what cell phone are you using that gets the wifi signal?
I took my new B2W out for a second test flight and had a SD card mounted in the camera. Wind was very low, but it was very overcast and getting close to sun down. I was surprised at how well the camera did in the low light. Good clear pictures that look brighter than the actual light at the time, and I didn't notice frames dropping in the video. Took it out to 800 meters this time, took some photos, then turned on video and hit return to home. I rotated the quad as it was flying home, but I think I gave it full yaw so that part of the video is not very good. Might have been okay if I had rotated the quad slowly. I had also built a prop balance rig for the self tightening props and balanced 4 props yesterday. The new B2W. B2C self tightening props that Banggood is selling that actually are Bugs 3 props. May just be the new battery, but I got 30 seconds longer flight time, and that includes taking half a dozen photos and a 4+ minute video.
I used a 7 inch Fire tablet on a mount intended for tripod mounting. It doesn't have the brightest screen in the universe but with a hood adapted from a Garmin GPS it is very useable. I haven't balanced the props yet but the one battery videos were fairly good in very light breeze. I was surprised to find Red Bugz had the new battery. Other two are old style.
Nov 14, 2017, 10:47 AM
Just got my spare battery in from banggood,something doesn't look right i wonder what
Nov 14, 2017, 10:51 AM

Distance

I noticed one thing,
the distance write on the radio control is lower than the real one of the drone.
example: display distance: 200 meters, real distance measured about 300
do you also happen to yourself?
Nov 14, 2017, 10:58 AM

SD cards for smooth video

I have seen a few videos comparing SD cards for drone video. I'm sure it can vary by what camera is being used but some say the smoothest video was from a Scandisk ULTRA PLUS card 16GB. I have scandisk Ultra cards and some generic brands that have had some choppy video. I am going to try the Ultra Plus eventually and see if it's better.

Also I use an iPhone 6 for wifi and have had fpv around 400m but very rarely. I usually lose it or it freezes after 100m but I'm usually flying in city parks. Clean LOS definitely matters.

Cheers!
Nov 14, 2017, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Just got my spare battery in from banggood,something doesn't look right i wonder what
Yeah, I have a couple of those too. I kind of like'em in the black Bugs, helps me stay oriented as to direction. Sounds weird but works for me.
Nov 14, 2017, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono_1989
Hey guys, quick question from a new B2W owner....I've recently bought a B2W and want to get 5.8Ghz FVP....so I've purchased an AKK A3 all in one 5.8Ghz camera.....what battery do i need to power this camera? Any advice on a battery light enough for the B2W to carry and be strong enough to power the camera properly would be great. I dont use the BugsGO app as the WiFi is pretty useless.

URL to camera: https://www.akktek.com/akk-a3.html
Hey guys one more newbie question, I was just reviewing the specs of this camera from the URL above and noticed that its video system is NTSC. My question is whether or not this will work in Australia using an android phone and this receiver (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Receiver...38.m2548.l4275) ???

Hope someone can shed some light on this and thanks in advance
Nov 14, 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Hey guys one more newbie question, I was just reviewing the specs of this camera from the URL above and noticed that its video system is NTSC. My question is whether or not this will work in Australia using an android phone and this receiver (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Receiver...38.m2548.l4275) ???

It is not the phone that handles NTSC--PAL it's the receiver and there is no mention if it is auto switches between them both,am i wrong about the phone?
Last edited by Merch; Nov 14, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
Nov 14, 2017, 05:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:

I think it is. Check out this vid
Difference between NTSC and PAL (1 min 26 sec)

Mike.
Nov 15, 2017, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polacco
I noticed one thing,
the distance write on the radio control is lower than the real one of the drone.
example: display distance: 200 meters, real distance measured about 300
do you also happen to yourself?
I've not checked out my Bugs yet, but how are you measuring the "real"distance.to compare to the displayed one?

Also found that a Samsung Tab A (9.7" 16GB) Model SM-T550 can see the Bugs2W Wi-Fi even though specs quote only 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz wi-fi. Nobody's tried the App on it yet though.

Cheers Oz.
Nov 15, 2017, 05:02 AM
Quote:

Most modern stuff sold in Oz (ie TVs, DVD & Blu-ray players etc) will auto select between PAL & NTSC. So I'd be surprised if most if not all Australian use phones couldn't cope with a NTSC video input. A more important consideration might be what Android phone you intend to use. The Eachine OTG 150 channel receiver does quote in its specs that it won't work with phones with MTK CPUs. Qualcom Snapdragon Samsungs are OK but a lot of Chinese stuff might be a bit of a crap-shoot. Best of luck.

Cheers Oz.
Nov 15, 2017, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNdroning
........Also I use an iPhone 6 for wifi and have had fpv around 400m but very rarely. I usually lose it or it freezes after 100m but I'm usually flying in city parks. Clean LOS definitely matters.

Cheers!
Yep. I can fly my P3S 900+m to look down on my mate's house from my elevated & clear house site. But launched from his garden surrounded by trees 100m is the best we could do.

Oz.
Nov 15, 2017, 11:55 AM
example in a soccer field:
start on one side, and fly at 5 meters height to the other side. I know the field is 100 meters long, but in the display is write about 70.
Last edited by polacco; Nov 16, 2017 at 04:40 AM.
Nov 15, 2017, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoztreecrasher
I've not checked out my Bugs yet, but how are you measuring the "real"distance.to compare to the displayed one?

Also found that a Samsung Tab A (9.7" 16GB) Model SM-T550 can see the Bugs2W Wi-Fi even though specs quote only 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz wi-fi. Nobody's tried the App on it yet though.

Cheers Oz.
example in a soccer field:
start on one side, and fly at 5 meters height to the other side. I know the field is 100 meters long, but in the display is write about 70.
Last edited by polacco; Nov 16, 2017 at 04:41 AM.
Nov 15, 2017, 04:23 PM

Bugs B2w monitor

Hello: I am thinking of getting this drone.I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.Will this phone work ok with the Wifi signal from the Bugs?Thanks for the help!