MJX Bugs 2 B2W, GPS, 1080p Camera, 5.8 FPV, 2km range, Dual-way transmitter - Page 7 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 15, 2017, 06:19 PM

Bugs 2 WiFi FPV Flight Video

This one shows Good Distance with Controller, but the Wifi only getting 100-125 meter Range....this is in Open area.
I am Surely going to get the B2C version"White one" no Wifi .....and then Mod with 5.8ghz Camera &Transmiiter....maybe even Booster, and Better Antennas.
Bugs 2W B2W Long Range FPV Drone Test Flight Review (14 min 21 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2017, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sutton
This one shows Good Distance with Controller, but the Wifi only getting 100-125 meter Range....this is in Open area.
I am Surely going to get the B2C version"White one" no Wifi .....and then Mod with 5.8ghz Camera &Transmiiter....maybe even Booster, and Better Antennas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZnmt4Z5Dk
That's why my B2C will be here soon i hate wifi FPV,whats the point with the wifi when the quad can go a max distance of 1000 meters,imo it's silly.
Going to slap on a runcam micro with a eachine ATX03 200mw vtx and see how far i get.
Jul 16, 2017, 03:02 AM
So nobody has gotten that 'professional' one yet?

*edit: I think it was BG that was listing the 'professional' B2 version, wasn't it? Well, they don't list it anymore.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jul 16, 2017 at 05:02 AM.
Jul 16, 2017, 05:50 AM

Camera quality and FPV-mods Bugs 2 B2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
That's why my B2C will be here soon i hate wifi FPV,whats the point with the wifi when the quad can go a max distance of 1000 meters,imo it's silly.
Going to slap on a runcam micro with a eachine ATX03 200mw vtx and see how far i get.
@Merch,

I did my first testflight with the Bugs 2 B2C yesterday and it was great. All functions work perfect, but the camera quality from the onboard camera is not so good (so no footage for now). A faster sd card dit not help!

Also totally agree with you that an FPV distance max about 100 - 125 meters from the W version is bad. Thatīs why I will add a Mobius Mini as video camera underneath the Bugs 2 B2C and my Syma C4001 FPV camera on the nose. I hope this will work out and I will test this later. My new Mobius Mini is on the way. I will use my Gteng watch as FPV screen as mentioned in my earlier post.

So if you want a good quadcopter and want to make some diy FPV-mods the Bugs 2 B2C is a very good choice in my opinion. It is a very good and stable flyer, very quick GPS lock with enough satellites (much quicker GPS lock than the Hubsans).

Will post more information later after additional tests.

Keep flying
Jul 16, 2017, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol
@Merch,

I did my first testflight with the Bugs 2 B2C yesterday and it was great. All functions work perfect, but the camera quality from the onboard camera is not so good (so no footage for now). A faster sd card dit not help!

Also totally agree with you that an FPV distance max about 100 - 125 meters from the W version is bad. Thatīs why I will add a Mobius Mini as video camera underneath the Bugs 2 B2C and my Syma C4001 FPV camera on the nose. I hope this will work out and I will test this later. My new Mobius Mini is on the way. I will use my Gteng watch as FPV screen as mentioned in my earlier post.

So if you want a good quadcopter and want to make some diy FPV-mods the Bugs 2 B2C is a very good choice in my opinion. It is a very good and stable flyer, very quick GPS lock with enough satellites (much quicker GPS lock than the Hubsans).

Will post more information later after additional tests.

Keep flying

I don't understand why the camera quality is bad,from what i have seen it looked good.
One more thing wouldn't it be best to mount the Syma C4001 in the middle of the quad for COG?
Jul 16, 2017, 11:04 AM
Or why not skip the Syma camera alltogether and simply hook up a small 5.8 gHz video-transmitter onto the Mobius Mini? You can get really small ones. Not sure how crowded it is inside the Bugs 2, but you might be able to put the vTx inside the craft (making sure there's an airflow over it/always use it with an antenna attached!)
Jul 16, 2017, 02:25 PM

Camera quality Bugs 2 B2C and FPV camera on top

Quote:
I don't understand why the camera quality is bad,from what i have seen it looked good.
One more thing wouldn't it be best to mount the Syma C4001 in the middle of the quad for COG?
@Merch and Pixelpeter and other Bugs 2 flyers,

I did a test with the Syma C4001 FPV-camera on top (in the middle) of the Bugs 2 B2C. No till very little satellites, or just short from 9 tilll zero satellites!

So donīt put FPV on top is my conclusion, it blocks the GPS-signal. I think I will add the new Mobius Mini without FPV underneath the Bugs first to see how it goes and maybe add FPV later also underneath. I hope to receive my new Mobius Mini about two weeks (so have to wait a little while).

About the quality of the onboard camera: I think that the camera of the W version (FPV version of the Bugs 2) is better than the camera of the C version. Also the camera of the C version has the strange AVI-format. How about the W version? But the Mobius Mini is way better and the FPV-signal of the W version just goes a short distance. So I still think the C version is the best choice at the end.

What is your experience? Your comments are welcome.

Keep flying!
Jul 16, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol
@Merch and Pixelpeter and other Bugs 2 flyers,

I did a test with the Syma C4001 FPV-camera on top (in the middle) of the Bugs 2 B2C. No till very little satellites, or just short from 9 tilll zero satellites!

So donīt put FPV on top is my conclusion, it blocks the GPS-signal. I think I will add the new Mobius Mini without FPV underneath the Bugs first to see how it goes and maybe add FPV later also underneath. I hope to receive my new Mobius Mini about two weeks (so have to wait a little while).

About the quality of the onboard camera: I think that the camera of the W version (FPV version of the Bugs 2) is better than the camera of the C version. Also the camera of the C version has the strange AVI-format. How about the W version? But the Mobius Mini is way better and the FPV-signal of the W version just goes a short distance. So I still think the C version is the best choice at the end.

What is your experience? Your comments are welcome.

Keep flying!

Do you think 5.8ghz can interfere with the GPS.............or is it just blocking it like you say?
Jul 16, 2017, 05:17 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
This needs a runcam split and 200mw vtx transplant
Jul 17, 2017, 10:33 AM
Posted in another thread but my Bugs 2 just arrived from FedEx. Where can I buy an additional battery and extra props? Any multi chargers I should look into?
Jul 17, 2017, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Do you think 5.8ghz can interfere with the GPS.............or is it just blocking it like you say?
@Merch, @ Scousethief,

I think that 5.8 Ghz. only blocked the signal because the camera was on top of the Bugs 2 above the GPS-unit. Normally there is no interference when the 5.8 Ghz. FPV transmitter when it is attached underneath a quadcopter. There are other posts about blocked GPS-signal when the FPV unit is on the nose / above the GPS-unit.

I ordered a spare Bugs 3 battery to use with the Bugs 2 (this works as can be seen on a few videoīs about it on youtube) and will attach a FPV-transmitter to the balance plug from the Bugs battery. I have done this before with the Hubsan H501C and it worked perfect. I have ordered a Eachine TX526 5.8G 40CH 25MW/200MW/600MW Switchable AV Wireless FPV Transmitter RP-SMA Female from Banggood to do this.

The FPV transmitter connected to the Mobius Mini is a good solution for decent PFV and video from the Mobius Mini to my Gteng watch. If you are interested in the mods I did to the Hubsan H501C look ik the rcgroups pages in my posts about the Hubsan H501C. I will do the same mods to my Bugs 2 with the Mobius Mini. I made good video earlier with the Hawkeye Firefly Q6 but the colors of the Mobius Mini are more natural. As proof you can see video's about my flying with the Hubsan H501S and the Mobius Mini on youtube if you are interested. I think things will work out great with the Bugs 2, so let's wait and see when the mods are ready.

I hope that you can use this information and will post video when flying the Bugs 2 with the mods when the parts arrive and are ready.

Bugs 2 parts are not in stores yet, but I think they will show up soon, ask the sellers about it!

Keep flying!
Jul 18, 2017, 11:18 PM
My bugs should be here any day now but the weather says it's going to be rainy for the rest of the week
Jul 19, 2017, 05:33 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
I'm waiting on mine that I paid $115.00. They charged me $128.00. Still in dispute

Mike.
They have MJX Bugs 2C(aff) now over at GB for $115 with the coupon MJXB2C (aff).

Any coupons around for B2W though?
Last edited by JohnCC; Jul 19, 2017 at 05:38 PM.
Jul 20, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thanks Gekol.

Some of the videos ive seen look a little low on the framerate which is a shame . If so what i am considering is grabbing another Q6 and using that as an fpv cam/recorder and using a 5.8ghz tx i have. Its not a racer so i can accept a little lag. The price would be comparative to just buying a decent camera, but of course depends on the lag and maybe modding the q6 into the bugs 2

May be enough space to fit everything internally.
Last edited by scousethief; Jul 20, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
Jul 20, 2017, 05:10 PM

Q6 or Mobius Mini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Thanks Gekol.

Some of the videos ive seen look a little low on the framerate which is a shame . If so what i am considering is grabbing another Q6 and using that as an fpv cam/recorder and using a 5.8ghz tx i have. Its not a racer so i can accept a little lag. The price would be comparative to just buying a decent camera, but of course depends on the lag and maybe modding the q6 into the bugs 2
@scousethief,

I had both cameraīs in the past (the Q6 and the Mobius Mini) and they are very good. I ordered a new Mobius Mini because of the flyaway of my Hubsan H501S. In my opinion the Mobius Mini is better than the Q6. The colors are more natural. See footage of flights with the Q6 and the Mobius Mini on my youtube channel.

But itīs just my personal opinion. You cantīt go wrong with both cameraīs.

Keep flying!