MJX Bugs 2 B2W, GPS, 1080p Camera, 5.8 FPV, 2km range, Dual-way transmitter - Page 30 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 13, 2017, 10:07 AM
Hi all, newbie here. This is just my 2nd drone. I have some info that may be helpful to some. Forgive me if it has already been covered. I haven't seen it mentioned though.
I had problems getting the app to see the wi-fi connection, and then staying connected once the connection was made. There are several posts where others have had the same problem. I'm an Android user with a "Moto Z play Droid", great phone btw. The app kept telling me, "wi-fi not open". Very frustrating because I could see the hotspot and connect to it. The app however, wasn't linking up reliably. I uninstalled and re-installed the app a couple of times, no help there. Then I turned off "Avoid bad wi-fi connections" under the "Advanced" section of the wi-fi settings page on my phone. When you have this turned on your phone will dump connections that don't have internet connectivity, which is precisely the type of connection "Bugs" provides. Since making that change the Bugs app has linked reliably every time.............well.........out to a couple hundred meters anyway.
Bugs is a hoot. I would like to extend the wi-fi though.
Again, forgive me if I'm covering old stuff, but I didn't see this info in any of the "Bugs 2w" threads.
Now I need to learn about charging, 5 hours charge time is a bit much.
Last edited by slorollin; Sep 13, 2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: .
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2017, 10:21 AM
GOT WINGS
Dronemaniac tested the B2W camera and found that the frame is not constant and does not average 30fps by a long shot.
He found a constant bitrate and a variable frame rate…. In the worst situation, the frame rate can drop down to 6fps or even less.
There is also no way to make the frame rate constant.

So, the choppiness in the videos may be caused by changes in frame rate and have nothing to do with the class or speed of your memory card.
Just information to consider.
Sep 13, 2017, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
I don't think that any kind of sd card would improve the camera quality. I have the 2C version and I can't understand why MJX put such kind of camera on it. The quad is brilliant, lots of flight time, easy to mod the battery, GPS works extremely well, etc. but the camera...oh my, the camera is cra*p. Kind of the same happens with the H501 series from Hubsan, although the camera is better, it still could benefit from the huge update in tech, as you can buy for 35$ a SJ4000 clone and still get better results than the "OEM" one. Not to mention upping to 60fps, adding a EIS...looks like too much.
What cheap cameras would you suggest? I guess you tested a lot. Perhaps some best buy for Bugs and Hubsan owners.
Sep 14, 2017, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillo1
TechTronic9000
B2W per: 119 $
Coupon: "GBbugs2" da QUI

Hello from the official GearBest website, the MJX Bugs 2 B2W is not available, can I purchase the link described without having problems?
damn.. just bought h501a and now bugs 2w with this low price
Sep 14, 2017, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Dronemaniac tested the B2W camera and found that the frame is not constant and does not average 30fps by a long shot.
He found a constant bitrate and a variable frame rateÖ. In the worst situation, the frame rate can drop down to 6fps or even less.
There is also no way to make the frame rate constant.

So, the choppiness in the videos may be caused by changes in frame rate and have nothing to do with the class or speed of your memory card.
Just information to consider.
Hi folks, Bugs newbie here. Finally got a short test flight in this morning after a bad battery in the delivered quad (Aug-25-2017) and then an incorrect battery sent as a replacement and after buying a working one from Amazon. I was under the impression the Bugs GO app was not necessary to have the onboard camera take either a photo or a video as long as the quad carried a good TF card. I do not have the app and no photo or video icons show on the small LCD. Is this normal operation ???? BTW I really like the way it handles wind gusts and the control responsiveness.

Advice and comment will be welcomed.
Sep 14, 2017, 02:12 PM
GOT WINGS
You should not need the app to take photo or video if your camera is working right. Just push the buttons on the transmitter. If the camera is not working there is a possibility that the camera module is unplugged.
Sep 14, 2017, 05:25 PM
Has anyone opened their Bugs 2w yet?

It turns out there is two antennas in it but both run down each of the back legs which would explain the signal loss when you turn the bugs towards you. It got me thinking of two things. what if I drilled two holes on either side and poked the antenna's through and using a bit of 3com double sided tape stuck them on the outside bottom shell? The other more challenging method is to drill two holes and put two (sorry I don't know what they are called) thingy's that you screw the antenna's onto, run name cable to the wifi card in the drone and then get two L-shaped antennas and put them on.

Any thoughts?

I found a video of an Asian guy on TY who replaced the camera with a 5.8Ghz one and attached a antenna on the outside of his bugs 2w. I probably would rather find away to not add too many bulky things to the sleek body of the bugs 2w.

Thanks,
Last edited by SmoothRunnings; Sep 14, 2017 at 09:13 PM.
Sep 14, 2017, 05:42 PM
I have MJX bugs 3 drone and everything was fine but now I just charge my battery 5 hours and drone can't fly more than 20 seconds(before that sometimes I charge battery 12 hours). I try one more time and same thing I have two more battery with same problem. What am I doing wrong
Sep 14, 2017, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandarue
I have MJX bugs 3 drone and everything was fine but now I just charge my battery 5 hours and drone can't fly more than 20 seconds(before that sometimes I charge battery 12 hours). I try one more time and same thing I have two more battery with same problem. What am I doing wrong
Are you using the stock charger or something else to charge your batteries up?
Sep 14, 2017, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokelat70
damn.. just bought h501a and now bugs 2w with this low price
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
B2W for: 119$
Coupon: "GBbugs2" from HERE
Thank you for the heads up.
I bought it for $119!
I'm stoked and looking forward to flying it.

Cheers
Sep 15, 2017, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandarue
Use a Lipo 2-6 Cell Balance Charger to charge up a flat Bugs B2 Battery takes about 48 minutes at 2.4 Ampere.
Sep 15, 2017, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
Use a Lipo 2-6 Cell Balance Charger to charge up a flat Bugs B2 Battery takes about 48 minutes at 2.4 Ampere.
Isn't 2.4A a bit high for a 1800mAh battery? Or do you rate them as 2400mAh?
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Sep 15, 2017 at 07:17 AM.
Sep 15, 2017, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
I've got 4 other 2200mAh 30C spare batteries other than the stock 1800mAh Batteries.
I use about 2.2 to 2.4 Ampere to charge them. No problem.
Sep 15, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novi81
What cheap cameras would you suggest? I guess you tested a lot. Perhaps some best buy for Bugs and Hubsan owners.
Here are some good quality options:

Hawkeye Q6
Mobius Mini
OnePaa X2000
Foxeer Legend 2
RunCam Split

I personally like the X2000 and you can add the fpv docking module to it and use it on lots of stuff such as larger drone, rc cars etc and the gyro EIS is amazing, just like a miniature gimbal:

MJX Bugs2 with OnePaa X2000 Gyro Stabilized EIS Camera (2 min 36 sec)
Latest blog entry: KingKong GT110 Review
Sep 15, 2017, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Being a few Amps over won't do any harm to your battery as you more than likely know