MJX Bugs 2 B2W, GPS, 1080p Camera, 5.8 FPV, 2km range, Dual-way transmitter - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jun 14, 2017, 02:30 PM
I do Not have a 5G Phone so what Differences would it make if i had to Decide which version to get BW or BC versions?
As far as Cameras on the 2 Models ......if you do Not have the 5G Required Phone Service for the FPV Capabilities then what Model to get BW or BC?
I am interested to have FPV, but i do Not think i will be able to with these Cameras, and may have to add my own 5.8 ghz Camera.
What do you guys think about this Situation of Not having a 5G Phone in the above Scenario i explained?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2017, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sutton
I do Not have a 5G Phone so what Differences would it make if i had to Decide which version to get BW or BC versions?
As far as Cameras on the 2 Models ......if you do Not have the 5G Required Phone Service for the FPV Capabilities then what Model to get BW or BC?
I am interested to have FPV, but i do Not think i will be able to with these Cameras, and may have to add my own 5.8 ghz Camera.
What do you guys think about this Situation of Not having a 5G Phone in the above Scenario i explained?
5G Wifi means it uses 802.11ac to broadcast on 5ghz wavelength. If you have a decent phone made in the past 2 years, you should have ac connectivity. It should give a pretty decent signal with relatively low latency and would be really nice if there is a signal booster involved. I would rather have 5.8ghz analog, but this probably saves MJX some money, since you supply your own screen. I am looking forward to seeing some reviews on Bugs 2bW---love it in red!
Jun 15, 2017, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by set2374
5G Wifi means it uses 802.11ac to broadcast on 5ghz wavelength. If you have a decent phone made in the past 2 years, you should have ac connectivity. It should give a pretty decent signal with relatively low latency and would be really nice if there is a signal booster involved. I would rather have 5.8ghz analog, but this probably saves MJX some money, since you supply your own screen. I am looking forward to seeing some reviews on Bugs 2bW---love it in red!
Thanks for your Reply....Yes i am interested in this Bugs 2 also.......have not seen many videos so far....maybe within a month when there are more in the hands of consumers we can see more about this Quad.
Jun 15, 2017, 03:29 PM
It was supposed to be launched two months ago... we will have to wait...
Jun 15, 2017, 09:28 PM
lots of decent phones don't have dual band and that sucks.. I have a new zte zmax pro but no 5gig.. but hey i do have H501s and a bugs 3.. maybe a phone upgrade is in the near future.
Jun 18, 2017, 12:19 AM
The camera from what I have seen is bad.

I am using the Bugs 3 and i really like it, but hard to make stable video without AH. if I want to turn right or left, it is hard to not slightly affect the throttle. I wish the controller had some sort of clutch to allow more independent movement.

Bugs 2 sounds very interesting. I sold the Hubsan H501S as it seems not powerful enough to carry for a long time an action cam. Also I got toilet bowl effect at a park in NYC and it was hard to control,

I can fly the Bugs 3 on windy days.

Bugs 2 seems to have same motors as Bugs 3 a bit more powerful than H501S.

I wonder if I attach a GoPro helmet mount plate on the bottom if it could work. Is it bad to land on a waterproof camera mount? Maybe with GPS and AH i can hand land it, but may not always be possible.

It is a shame that on the Bugs 2 the LEDs are all the same color. The LEDs on the Bugs 3 are really helpful for orientation in low light. Wonder if they can be modded.

Biggest pet peeve I have of the Bugs 3 is that landing gear has to be screwed with small screws that strip. I wish there were clip on extended legs for when I want to use the camera.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVLxIqHj...stefpix2&hl=en
Jun 21, 2017, 09:37 PM

Replacement Parts Bugs 3

@stefpix ... Link to some Bugs 3 Replacement Parts- http://stores.ebay.com/mjxrctoysstore
Last edited by Bobby Sutton; Jun 21, 2017 at 09:46 PM.
Jun 21, 2017, 09:38 PM

Extended Length Landing Gear

@stefpix ...you can use the Phantom Extended Legs on the Bugs 3 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tall-Landing...38.m2548.l4275

Link to what the Bugs 3 looks like with the DJI Phantom Extended /Tall Legs- https://www.halfchrome.com/gimbal-upgrade/
Jun 21, 2017, 09:54 PM

Red Bugs 2 Video

@set2374 Red Bugs 2 Video-
mjx bugs 2 - тестируем на улице новый дрон с gps и fpv (4 min 15 sec)
Jun 21, 2017, 10:48 PM
MJX Bugs 2 B2W GPS Drone How to start Fly, GPS Test and Return to Home Test (8 min 51 sec)

I am looking forward to the 2W the most. Would like to know how it compares to the Hubsan H501S
Jun 22, 2017, 12:05 AM

Bugs 2 compared to Hubsan 501S

@jeff8247 here is another thread on the Bugs 2 on the RCgroups, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ubsan-X4-H501S but only a few posts.......i seen you already posted in the other 2 Bugs 2 forums, but not the one i posted....maybe more info will be available between these 3 forums......... i have seen Videos of the Bugs 2 at Ranges out to 874 meters with stock antennas as far as Range goes.......Features are similar to Hubsan 501S , but i think Controller is Better on the 501S, and More GPS Features with 501S.
Price wise i have seen the MJX Bugs 2 advertised as low as $124 so it seems priced well around that area.......most websites seem to be out of stock, or taking orders, or put you on list when available.
I am waiting to see more info as well when these Quads become more broadly in the hands of customers.
Last edited by Bobby Sutton; Jun 22, 2017 at 02:36 AM.
Jun 22, 2017, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sutton
@jeff8247 here is another thread on the Bugs 2 on the RCgroups, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ubsan-X4-H501S but only a few posts.......i seen you already posted in the other 2 Bugs 2 forums, but not the one i posted....maybe more info will be available between these 3 forums......... i have seen Videos of the Bugs 2 at Ranges out to 844 meters with stock antennas as far as Range goes.......Features are similar to Hubsan 501S , but i think Controller is Better on the 501S, and More GPS Features with 501S.
Price wise i have seen the MJX Bugs 2 advertised as low as $124 so it seems priced well around that area.......most websites seem to be out of stock, or taking orders, or put you on list when available.
I am waiting to see more info as well when these Quads become more broadly in the hands of customers.
Hey Bobby,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching the threads with interest.

800+ metres is great for the Bugs 2!! Its a good thing it has GPS at those distances as I'd lose it otherwise. I can take my H501s out about a 1km before i chicken out and turn around. I'd love to get this and push it just as far if i could
Jun 22, 2017, 02:22 AM

Bugs 2 Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff8247
Hey Bobby,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching the threads with interest.

800+ metres is great for the Bugs 2!! Its a good thing it has GPS at those distances as I'd lose it otherwise. I can take my H501s out about a 1km before i chicken out and turn around. I'd love to get this and push it just as far if i could
@jeff8247 in this video is where i seen the 874 Meter Range...then it loses Signal , and Starts RTH as it is Programed to do when Signal Lose. -
MJX B2W Tests-Part 2 (9 min 7 sec)

One of the Solutions i have been Researching for a Possible Lost Quad is having a GPS Tracker attached to the Quad that will give you the Position of where
the Quad is....also secondary item is attach Alarm that Beeps after Quad has No movement for 30 seconds....once you get close to it with the GPS information from the Tracker then you can hear that Beeping.......i cannot recall exact price for this Beeper device, but it is low cost under $20.
Still Researching the Best GPS Tracker to use.......so far "Trackimo" seems to be Good then "TK102" seems to be ok.
Later when i have more experience with the Quads i may Build my own with some advanced Telemetry like Eagle Eyes System which has the Built in GPS Live Tracking on Google Earth.
Last edited by Bobby Sutton; Jun 22, 2017 at 02:35 AM.
Jun 23, 2017, 12:17 PM
I have no doubt the Bugs 2 is going to be a nice little flyer. What I am curious about is how they are implementing the 5G Wifi. In theory, you can get a really nice image that way (see the quality of the Hubsan H507A). MJX is claiming 400-500m range on the wifi with near 0 latency. That sounds a little ambitious to me--especially since it doesn't appear that they are using a repeater like other companies (Hubsan 507A, Parrot Bebop 2, DJI Mavic/Spark etc.). I am also curious about this so-called "professional" version with the upgraded controller. Regardless, I have high expectations. MJX is really changing the game on the lower end of the Hobby grade (upper Toy????).
Jun 24, 2017, 08:58 PM

New Video Review Bugs 2

Bugs 2
MJX BUGS 2 GPS DRONE 1ST FLIGHT THOUGHTS AND REVIEW (11 min 3 sec)