Sep 09, 2017, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sutton View Post
Sorry Ike, it looks like the Earp brothers have just arrived in Tombstone! Ah well best to adopt Eric Idle's mantra & look on the bright side. Us old coots'll all soon be dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Worldwide? That is nuts man. I am already registered with the FAA and I'm also a AMA member. Keep their own laws in their own country

Mike.
Or maybe not. Perhaps the good ole US favorite of "Lawyers at 20 paces" will save the day.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2017, 02:36 AM
Was able to squeeze in a quick flight yesterday with the Onepaa X2000 under the belly and it came as no surprise that it's footage was smoother than that of the onboard Bugs2W camera which still kinda stuttered eventhough I used what is labeled as a class10 U3 card. Starting to think things might be like with the Mobius and 808 #16 cameras: they specifically need class4 cards to perform smoothly; faster cards don't really work with them. Think I'll give it a try to see if that does the trick.

Will try and cobble a video together later today.

*edit: already done cobbling:

Onepaa X2000 testflight with MJX Bugs2W (2 min 39 sec)

Bugsy was straight out of the box, so no balancing done (yet); there's vibration, but not too bad considering this is a first test
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Sep 10, 2017 at 04:13 AM. Reason: adding video
Sep 10, 2017, 05:38 AM

Nice video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
Was able to squeeze in a quick flight yesterday with the Onepaa X2000 under the belly and it came as no surprise that it's footage was smoother than that of the onboard Bugs2W camera which still kinda stuttered eventhough I used what is labeled as a class10 U3 card. Starting to think things might be like with the Mobius and 808 #16 cameras: they specifically need class4 cards to perform smoothly; faster cards don't really work with them. Think I'll give it a try to see if that does the trick.

https://youtu.be/jSDo0IDmnlg

Bugsy was straight out of the box, so no balancing done (yet); there's vibration, but not too bad considering this is a first test
@Pixelpeter,

Very nice video, certainly if you did not balance the props and stabilized the video also with stabilizing software. Looks very promising!

I am looking forward to receive my onpaa with cradle and do the full setup.

Can you also post a video when you have done the full setup including the cradle? I also want to know if the cradle can be powered by the balance plug of the Bugs 2 battery? Have you tried this?

Lot of success and keep flying!
Last edited by Gekol; Sep 10, 2017 at 05:44 AM.
Sep 10, 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol View Post
@Pixelpeter,

Very nice video, certainly if you did not balance the props and stabilized the video also with stabilizing software. Looks very promising!

I am looking forward to receive my onpaa with cradle and do the full setup.

Can you also post a video when you have done the full setup including the cradle? I also want to know if the cradle can be powered by the balance plug of the Bugs 2 battery? Have you tried this?

Lot of success and keep flying!
I never use stabilizing software as I think it often does more harm than good with stangely warping of the scenery and such. Earlier today I had a look at the props and they did indeed need balancing; quite surprised the video turned out as good as it did actually, as some were quite a bit off.

Do hope the Onapaa cradle can run on the flight battery (7-20V / 12V typical / according to the manual) as I really don't want to add another battery to get the FPV going. Still waiting on the arrival of some balance-plug counterparts before I can try.
Sep 10, 2017, 08:59 AM
Quote:

Lets know how the class 4 card works was going to order a class 10.I wonder has anyone here tried the class 4?
Sep 10, 2017, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshbreeze View Post
Lets know how the class 4 card works was going to order a class 10.I wonder has anyone here tried the class 4?
I've got the card inserted, a battery charged, but I've been waiting for the wind to die down a bit this afternoon but it doesn't look like it will
Sep 10, 2017, 10:13 AM
Quote:

Very nice quality from the camera
Sep 10, 2017, 03:21 PM

Question about the battery

Hello guys! Help me understand right,I want to buy powerful battery(will it suit me?), like this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...lipo-pack.html then I still need an adapter? Can some one add link for adapter, for me Sorry i noob.....
FIX Link
Last edited by reffex; Sep 11, 2017 at 03:44 AM.
Sep 11, 2017, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffex View Post
Hello guys! Help me understand right,I want to buy powerful battery(will it suit me?), like this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...pack.html,then I still need an adapter? Can some one add link for adapter, for me Sorry i noob.....
*edit: looks like that one will fit.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Sep 11, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
Sep 11, 2017, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Hello guys! Help me understand right,I want to buy powerful battery(will it suit me?), like this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...lipo-pack.html then I still need an adapter? Can some one add link for adapter, for me Sorry i noob.....
FIX Link
I got 3 Turnigy nanotech battery's at the same specs roughly for mine and they work very well. I swapped the xt60 connectors they come with by soldering on xt30 connections. You con get get an adapter to go from xt60 to xt30 but it might be a tight fit getting it in the battery compartment.
Sep 11, 2017, 12:05 PM
Quote:
FIX Link
I have these from HK
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt30-pow...s-5-pairs.html
Sep 11, 2017, 02:46 PM
I found the batteries
Size: 105x 34.5x 21.5MM 2300mah 25c
Size 105x x34x17 2600mah 25c - need adapter
Size: 105x 34.5x 21.5MM 2300mah 35c - Expected restock on 27th September 2017

Will the batteries be good?
Last edited by Mateusz431; Sep 11, 2017 at 02:55 PM.
Sep 11, 2017, 03:49 PM
Strange how its hard to find spares for the Bugs2.Are the Bugs 3 motors the same 1800kv?.Oh I see there metal so they would be to heavy
Last edited by freshbreeze; Sep 11, 2017 at 05:40 PM.
Sep 11, 2017, 10:38 PM
GOT WINGS
B2W motors are also all metal, not like the B2C plastic motors. Bugs 6 motors are plastic like the B2C motors, but they are black. I am pretty sure they are all 1800KV. Bugs 3 motors have straight shafts, no shoulder at the bottom. Bugs 6 motors have a shoulder.
I doubt there is much weight difference, but I am not sure.
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
Sep 12, 2017, 02:06 AM
Didn't see many B2 spares on eBay: just props, screws, motors and some batteries. No FC boards, no internals, no bodyparts.

Quick Reply