Jun 13, 2018, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoplays
Has anyone tested Moto G4 or G4 Plus phone with b2w?
Hi Teoplays, did you ever find out if the Moto G4 works with the B2W, I have a B5W on the way and may need to get another phone if it doesn't.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2018, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddevnull
Hi Teoplays, did you ever find out if the Moto G4 works with the B2W, I have a B5W on the way and may need to get another phone if it doesn't.
I don't have a Moto G4, but from the specs, it is listed as having "dual-band Wi-Fi," which is what indicates that you have both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi, which is what the B2W and B5W require.
Jun 13, 2018, 08:29 AM
Thanks brianquad
Jun 14, 2018, 11:41 PM
Ive been doing some research on the Bugs 2 and Ive got the impression that not many people have had success mounting gimbals and action cameras to this quad compared to the Bugs 3? I'm after a low cost camera quad and I admit it would be nice to have one with gps and altitude hold. Though I also would like one with a gimbal and a camera that has a rectilinear / non-fisheye lens. Ive seen youtube videos where people have attached gimbals and action cameras to the Bugs 2 and it drops out of the sky. I believe, according to one review, that it's heavier than the Bugs 3 which probably makes it harder to add extra weight to it. Guess I'll probably be forced to go with the Bugs 3 for aerial filming and forego gps and altitude hold. I also considered the Bayangtoys X16 and X21 but they appear to be plagued by vibration.
Jun 15, 2018, 12:06 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade
Ive been doing some research on the Bugs 2 and Ive got the impression that not many people have had success mounting gimbals and action cameras to this quad compared to the Bugs 3? I'm after a low cost camera quad and I admit it would be nice to have one with gps and altitude hold. Though I also would like one with a gimbal and a camera that has a rectilinear / non-fisheye lens. Ive seen youtube videos where people have attached gimbals and action cameras to the Bugs 2 and it drops out of the sky. I believe, according to one review, that it's heavier than the Bugs 3 which probably makes it harder to add extra weight to it. Guess I'll probably be forced to go with the Bugs 3 for aerial filming and forego gps and altitude hold. I also considered the Bayangtoys X16 and X21 but they appear to be plagued by vibration.
The Bugs 2C cam is not all that bad. Considering there was a bit of a breeze she still held well once situated. You'll notice a bit of wobble as I descend. I came in too fast and again...wind.

If you notice at the end, my bugs went for a dip in all the green $hiit. Now I waiting on a new board which I have to discuss with the others.
MOVI000 (2 min 51 sec)

Mike.
Jun 15, 2018, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High Mike
The Bugs 2C cam is not all that bad. Considering there was a bit of a breeze she still held well once situated. You'll notice a bit of wobble as I descend. I came in too fast and again...wind.

If you notice at the end, my bugs went for a dip in all the green $hiit. Now I waiting on a new board which I have to discuss with the others.

Mike.
Mike, that was quite dramatic being over the water for so long. I guess you weren't gain enough to fly through the fountain! Oh yea I'm sure that the Bugs 2 delivers on what it's supposed to do and would be a lot of fun to play around with. Previously, I did my aerial filming with a GoPro Hero 3 attached to a Syma X8C with no gimbal. However, this time around, I'd prefer a non-fisheye lens and the inclusion of a motorised gimbal - taking it to the next level so to speak.
Jun 15, 2018, 12:34 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Deleted, Sorry Guys. Double post.
Last edited by Flying High Mike; Jun 15, 2018 at 01:11 PM.
Jun 15, 2018, 12:39 AM
Epilepsy Awareness

Replacing the Bugs 2C board

Hi Guys, I've searched this thread and I tried my best to pull up a vid on replacing the Bugs 2C board. I got her apart but I'm wondering do you splice the motor power leads or do you go right to the board. I'd hate like hell to screw up the soldering joint on the board.

I thought this would be a plug and play sorta thing...YIKES

Mike.
Jun 15, 2018, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Autumn last year I took my B2W with an Onepaa X2000 under its belly with me on a 4 week roadtrip holiday in the US desert southwest and this is the video I edited with the best sections out of the videos that I shot:

USA Desert Southwest by MJX Bugs2 (12 min 45 sec)

So this is done with a no gimbal setup, which did require some very smooth flying I did use the X2000 with its 5.8gHz fpv cradle, so could see what I was doing on a small monitor I mounted on the transmitter.
Jun 15, 2018, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter

So this is done with a no gimbal setup, which did require some very smooth flying I did use the X2000 with its 5.8gHz fpv cradle, so could see what I was doing on a small monitor I mounted on the transmitter.
Great flying and awesome location!
Jun 15, 2018, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Great flying and awesome location!
Thanks, it was fantastic to be able to fly at some of those crazy landscapes. Just wanted to show you what you can do with a relative cheap and simple setup Still pretty satisfied with the end-result.
Jun 15, 2018, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Just wanted to show you what you can do with a relative cheap and simple setup Still pretty satisfied with the end-result.
I'm definitely no stranger to cheap setups. Ive got good aerial footage from a GoPro mounted to a Syma X8C. Also with no gimbal. But after such a long time without one, it's finally time to get a gimbal!
Last edited by dragonblade; Jun 15, 2018 at 05:29 AM.
Jun 15, 2018, 01:25 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Autumn last year I took my B2W with an Onepaa X2000 under its belly with me on a 4 week roadtrip holiday in the US desert southwest and this is the video I edited with the best sections out of the videos that I shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCZmD-yAxHY

Eric (Peter), that was freakin' awesome Bud. I loved everything about your vid right down to the music. Great job and flying

Mike.
Jun 15, 2018, 01:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
So, has anyone ever had to replace the board? I have the Bugs 2C and I'm waiting on the board. I got her apart and realized it's really not a plug and play. A little help would be great Guys as to how I should tackle this job.

Mike.
Jun 15, 2018, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High Mike
So, has anyone ever had to replace the board? I have the Bugs 2C and I'm waiting on the board. I got her apart and realized it's really not a plug and play. A little help would be great Guys as to how I should tackle this job.

Mike.
Unfortunately, I have experience with replacing the board on the B2W which ought to be the same. I had no trouble unsoldering the plus and minus power leads. Word of caution, scrape the white covering off, take a picture of current +/- positions at Each end. Then you can refer to correct replacement solder points. BTW this includes the yellow wire position solder points. IF I had done this when I replaced the board, I would not have had to replace two ESCs and a frame due to smoke escaping... If you recall my adventures trying to exorcise problems with my Demon earlier this year you'll understand my advice!

Quick Reply