MJX Bugs 2 B2W, GPS, 1080p Camera, 5.8 FPV, 2km range, Dual-way transmitter - Page 111 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 01:25 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryview
Thanks! I guess I'll have to tear it apart tonight. I was guessing it's an issue with the button because it takes a lot of tries to get it to work in the first place, so I'll start there.
It could be right from your SD card slot. I sprayed mine down (one quick shot). Put the card in and out several times. Wipe everything clean the best you can. I used a gun patch (link free) and a toothpick to get to the inside slot. Let dry for "several" hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbear
the view of the erosion is ponte vedra beach, home of the TPC, there is a 25 mile strip of expensive ocean front homes in the same condition as the one pictured , The damage from our last hurricane its ..about 30 minutes south of where I live

, its the only area I have found other than the rc flying field that is outside of the 5 miles of airports in my area , I have 3 heliports, 4 airports and one navel carrier basin inside the 5 mile radius of my home

,the flight over the intercoastal is salt , with some runoff water , manatees , dolphins , redfish , flounder and a occasional snook can be had along the feeder creeks further south towards st augustine,,

I am pretty much surrounded by salt water and airports ,hence the corrosion spray as soon as I get back home
Well Bud, It doesn't sound like the most perfect place to fly. Your flying machines will need extra attention to protect them from the elements.

Mike.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchia32
Hey guys, I have an eachine 5802d monitor mounted on the stock controller. Could you please suggest the best long range FPV setup to go with this bird. I’m trying to stay away from the All in ones. Please recommend a camera receiver and battery setup that I could Velcro to the top please. Not looking to tap into the stock bugs battery for power but yet power the camera and receiver with a separate battery. Thanks
Siriusflier has a nice setup. (greater than 1 mile range)

see Post #1466 in this thread which leads to:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=92

You don’t need to tap into the bugs board. Mount the camera up front below the stock camera, vtx and battery underneath. Add golf tee legs to give the quad a bit more clearance. I would avoid putting all this crap on top. (Possible GPS interference?).
Last edited by Gimp Man; Jan 12, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 03:14 PM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man

You donít need to tap into the bugs board. Mount the camera up front below the stock camera, vtx and battery underneath. Add golf tee legs to give the quad a bit more clearance. I would avoid putting all this crap on top. (Possible GPS interference?).
I mounted my camera and vtx on the bottom because I wanted to avoid putting a camera on top. I also don't like AIO camera/vtx combos. If you don't want to use the quad's battery for power, you can easily add your own battery for the camera. The plastic golf tees I used to increase ground clearance add very little weight to the quad and adequate clearance for the camera. I first put the golf tees in the led lens in place of the rubber landing pads, but I like them even better just pressure fit into the mid arm screw holes and may change my other two B2Ws to that type of landing gear extensions.
Jan 12, 2018, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man

You donít need to tap into the bugs board. Mount the camera up front below the stock camera, vtx and battery underneath. Add golf tee legs to give the quad a bit more clearance. I would avoid putting all this crap on top. (Possible GPS interference?).
Thank you very much
Jan 12, 2018, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I mounted my camera and vtx on the bottom because I wanted to avoid putting a camera on top. I also don't like AIO camera/vtx combos. If you don't want to use the quad's battery for power, you can easily add your own battery for the camera. The plastic golf tees I used to increase ground clearance add very little weight to the quad and adequate clearance for the camera. I first put the golf tees in the led lens in place of the rubber landing pads, but I like them even better just pressure fit into the mid arm screw holes and may change my other two B2Ws to that type of landing gear extensions.
Great post. What monitor are you using to fly with? Which antenna do you use on your vtx and which antennas are you using on your monitor? And what size battery would you recommend using to power the setup?
Jan 12, 2018, 05:35 PM

Eachine VR006 Mini FPV Goggles

Anyone ever use these goggles with the Eachine TX 03

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR0...r_warehouse=CN
Jan 12, 2018, 11:25 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kens65fb
Anyone ever use these goggles with the Eachine TX 03

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR0...r_warehouse=CN
My Bud set me up with this package. The TX03 with the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Goggles. I set this up on the seat of my pants. Got lucky I spose No instructions so, I was just hitting buttons and like I said , I got lucky.

I have a nice clean picture even down my cellar which has a bunch of copper water pipes running through there.

Mike.
Jan 13, 2018, 04:14 AM
I know that I said I will not try bugs go app but I tried it and it works very well with el cheapo Oukitel U20 plus.

But in fast turns(circle around move, fast up and down)) it freezes and it will freeze more on 100+ meter distance... When you are gentle on gamepad and lets say at position hold it works great.

Now second thing I did not like is lag (around 0,5 sec of lag) so I really could not rely on that fpv and just flew more by looking at it.

Today was strong wind well suited for kite and bugs managed to handle that well in GPS mode.
Jan 13, 2018, 05:40 AM
For those interested: I've posetd a picture of the little cable I made to power my Onepaa X2000 FPV rig from the B2 flightbattery:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=564

After soldering the power wires (red and black) I used shrinkwrap arounf those points; after that I wrapped up all the 'extra' wires coming from that little Onepaa-connector and used electrical tape to keep them neatly together. I wouldn't cut them off, as you might want to use the later

I used hot glue to reinforce the wires close to the counter-plug as they'll get some pulling to deal with while connecting and disconnecting.
Jan 13, 2018, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmesser

Where did you get the stickers ?
Jan 13, 2018, 09:50 AM
This is photoshoped. But yes it is quite possible that someone can print such stickers. I would buy them too
Jan 13, 2018, 11:49 AM

Negative Altitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Did a little test today: I took off from a small elevation, and coached Bugsy untill it was below it's take off height. Had it 2 meters below its take off point and guess what? Nothing happened; motors didn't shut down Was concentrated on Bugsy so I forgot to look at what the telemetry was reading
This post got me curious, so I repeated your test. I got the Bugs to drop below the take-off point and snapped a photo of the transmitter. Mine is the Force1 re-branded B2W, so the remote looks different, but I assume the original MJX does the same. It showed ď-02Ē meters of altitude! (The first zero was replaced by a dash) Nice that they thought of that :-)
Jan 13, 2018, 12:43 PM

Always check your prop nuts!

Forgot to check prop nuts one time. Waiting for replacement parts is time lost you could be flying.
With that said if anyone is curious what a fall from~ 100 meters looks like.

Bugs 2w loses propeller and crashes. (0 min 10 sec)
Jan 13, 2018, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbear
Sirius , I thought that as well but if I turn off the transmitter it should return home due to loss signal ,,, my transmitter shows no signal after it went down so would it need to be recalibrated to fly again ?? it was sitting somewhere for approx 30 minutes which is way past the return home time
Great story! Sounds impossible, but who knows? ;-)

So I wondered about your quad landing after the tumble and then taking off again and heading home on its own. I did a quick test where I took off from one place and manually landed in another (transmitter connected the whole time, so not the same as your situation). When I took off from the second location, I saw that the home location had been reset to the new take-off point. A RTH of any kind should go back to the new take-off point rather than the first.

So if your Bug landed and took off again, it seems like the home point would have moved. But if really lost for 30 minutes, like you said, it couldn't possibly have been hovering the whole time! Well, I do like a good mystery :-)
Jan 13, 2018, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kens65fb
Where did you get the stickers ?
I think I found commercial available sticker. Here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UTOY...460.0.0.UtOQbC

It should look something like this:

Quick Reply