Jul 25, 2017, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novi81
This are best prices I could find for Bugs 2, H501A and H501S. Its all in 10-15$ range

There are people in this forum who can better point you in the right direction. I too am looking to pick something up. I own many (50+) brushed quads and a couple of brushless. The 502e is my only gps quad. However here is my analysis:

1. I would not buy the 501a. Wifi phone control (no transmitter) is not the way to go if you want to fly further than 30 meters. The 501a is a selfie drone.

2. If you are budget concious then the $115.00 mjx b2c is the best.

3. If you want better video quality look at the 501c. (No FPV)

4. If you want FPV I'd take the 501s over the mjx b2w. The 501s uses 5.8 GHz as opposed to wifi. Better video, no lag, built in screen.

5. Money not an issue buy the 501s.

PS. I hope someone who owns several of these models can offer a more informed opinion.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2017, 03:39 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
One of us was lying down on the job :P

Landed literally the exact spot it took off from,

And i definitely did not put the Bugs in the air , put the TX in the back of the car and then race the wizard FPV nope wasnt me

Tuesday25 (4 min 14 sec)
Last edited by scousethief; Jul 25, 2017 at 06:18 PM.
Jul 25, 2017, 04:13 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I received my Bugs 2W today and put the battery on my real charger to disappointingly find out that the cells could not be read, 0.00 and 0.00. The main line via the xt30 was reporting 1.19 volts. Obviously impossible. I plugged it into the MJX charger and it brought it back to life, showing the cells around 3.4 volts after letting it sit for about a half an hour.

My battery was IN the Bugs 2W so I assume that this is why it ended up this way but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.
Jul 25, 2017, 04:59 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
My battery was separate

Jul 25, 2017, 06:32 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just got unlucky then by whoever packed it. When I charged it back up with my regular charger it indicated that 1846mah had been put back into it. Did my maiden flight with B2W and it went well, but decided to land with the battery at 3.8v until I know I can trust it.
Jul 25, 2017, 07:20 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Nice one, i just let mine land by itself.
Jul 26, 2017, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
One of us was lying down on the job :P

Landed literally the exact spot it took off from,

And i definitely did not put the Bugs in the air , put the TX in the back of the car and then race the wizard FPV nope wasnt me

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ihjpxv1dYOE

Lol m8 how far did you take it up to,gets really scary being so high because i have never flown a quad like this..........i went to 250 metres up and though holy moly that's high enough for me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
I received my Bugs 2W today and put the battery on my real charger to disappointingly find out that the cells could not be read, 0.00 and 0.00. The main line via the xt30 was reporting 1.19 volts. Obviously impossible. I plugged it into the MJX charger and it brought it back to life, showing the cells around 3.4 volts after letting it sit for about a half an hour.

My battery was IN the Bugs 2W so I assume that this is why it ended up this way but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.
My battery was in the little bay of the foam package not the quad.
Jul 26, 2017, 08:52 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Dunno how high i sent it , maybe 20 metres or so :P ( shhhh ) next time i will send it up until the failsafe kicks in
Jul 26, 2017, 11:33 AM

Max Height Bugs 2

Looks like Several Videos i have watched show the Bugs 2 very near 500 Meter height.....some are saying that is where the Fail safe will kick in.
Also some are saying that there is a Governor/Locked/Programmed Setting for the Height....so maybe it can be Unlocked?
I know this is already very high Altitude.......i personally would be happy to know that it could reach the 500 meter, and not be interested to go any higher.
Although i would like to be able to fly further than the 1000 meter Range with FPV.........mainly because i may want to explore some locations that are not easily accessible by walking
I am sure with Better Antennas the RTH as far as Distance may be Extended out further Range......Hopefully that is not Locked.....if so i will be searching for a solution for the Max distance issue if/when i install Better Antennas.
Jul 26, 2017, 02:20 PM

Distance

This short video showing 2000 meter distance.......height is Nice at 400 meters....this is what i am looking for.
Mjx bugs 2 400m up and 2000m out (2 min 52 sec)
Jul 26, 2017, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sutton
This short video showing 2000 meter distance.......height is Nice at 400 meters....this is what i am looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PnMbAIZNsY
What mods did you do to get that far?
Jul 26, 2017, 08:25 PM

Bugs 2 Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
What mods did you do to get that far?
hello Merch..........i really do not know what Mods this guy did....it was just a Video i found on youtube....but i would most likely ask him in his comments........i would also be very interested!
This Video was posted to youtube on 7-25-17 .....i commented in his comment section to ask of any Mods....Hopefully he will let us know about what he did....it was his first Video to youtube....he also has one on Max Height of Bugs 2......which he said 497 Meters is where it Stopped i believe he means before RTH.
Last edited by Bobby Sutton; Jul 26, 2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: add
Jul 26, 2017, 08:55 PM
Quote:
hello Merch..........i really do not know what Mods this guy did....it was just a Video i found on youtube....but i would most likely ask him in his comments........i would also be very interested!
This Video was posted to youtube on 7-25-17 .....i commented in his comment section to ask of any Mods....Hopefully he will let us know about what he did....it was his first Video to youtube....he also has one on Max Height of Bugs 2......which he said 497 Meters is where it Stopped i believe he means before RTH.
When the weather is better i'll check how high i can go but like you say it seems to be locked to just under 500m in height.
Last edited by Merch; Jul 27, 2017 at 12:33 AM.
Jul 26, 2017, 09:17 PM

Max Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
When the weather is better i'll check how high i can go but like you say it seems to be locked to just under 500m in hight.
Great i will be interested if your Quad is also Maxed at the 500 meter area also.
The guy just responded to tell me his B2C is all Stock! ....i then asked if at the 2000 Meter distance did the RTH kick in....or did he Return to Home Manually.....
i will wait for his response.......coz i have seen other Videos where the RTH kicks in under 1000 Meter distance........i am interested to understand more about this....i know once the Bugs 2 loses Signal the RTH will trigger.
Jul 26, 2017, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Great i will be interested if your Quad is also Maxed at the 500 meter area also.
The guy just responded to tell me his B2C is all Stock! ....i then asked if at the 2000 Meter distance did the RTH kick in....or did he Return to Home Manually.....
i will wait for his response.......coz i have seen other Videos where the RTH kicks in under 1000 Meter distance........i am interested to understand more about this....i know once the Bugs 2 loses Signal the RTH will trigger.
Nice because i have the B2C........maybe the height is limited but not the distance?

Quick Reply