Oct 10, 2019, 07:57 PM
A&P in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
Maybe one of your cyclic servos is messing up or binding in your swash lock levers?
Upon close inspection during a bench runup without the blades, everything is moving as it should, no binding, its driving me insane. Not sure how tight the outer thrust bearing race is supposed to sit in the flange of the grip but it is very tight in there, may have to investigate further into the head.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2019, 12:31 AM
Donít know if this has anything to do with your problem... youíre aware that the thrust bearing races have slightly different size Outside Diameters? The larger diameter race goes on the inside of the grip (closest to main shaft).
Oct 11, 2019, 12:48 PM
A&P in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helique
Donít know if this has anything to do with your problem... youíre aware that the thrust bearing races have slightly different size Outside Diameters? The larger diameter race goes on the inside of the grip (closest to main shaft).
Yessir, that was one of the first things I checked when I pulled the head apart to lube and loctite.
More testing today I suppose.
Oct 18, 2019, 03:03 AM
A&P in training
Well, still not much progress on this issue.
I read somewhere that the mini servos can be close to overstressed while swinging these larger 420 mm blades, possibility that the servos that came with the combo aren't up to par. I think the last thing I will try is to swap another Kbar on it just to see.
Oct 18, 2019, 07:19 AM
did you take the swash link off the grips and rotate them freely to see if there's any binding? Sometimes loctite can seep into places it's not wanted.

Before I do a fly I check to make sure every rotating part is freely rotating on its axis as intended, if not then it has to be fixed, loctite seepage being a big cause of binding in small parts. Dirt can be another factor, aluminum damage/shavings, like that.
Oct 18, 2019, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTREA1
Well, still not much progress on this issue.
I read somewhere that the mini servos can be close to overstressed while swinging these larger 420 mm blades, possibility that the servos that came with the combo aren't up to par. I think the last thing I will try is to swap another Kbar on it just to see.
If it's all servos behaving the same way, I'd be inclined to go through the whole Kbar setup again to see if there's any difference.
Oct 18, 2019, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTREA1
I read somewhere that the mini servos can be close to overstressed while swinging these larger 420 mm blades, possibility that the servos that came with the combo aren't up to par...
Thatís the first Iíve heard of that. Iím using the servos that came with the combo and havenít noticed any problems. They are plenty strong.
Oct 21, 2019, 04:54 PM

Replacement Parts

Havenít broken anything yet but... researching sites that have parts available, Iím a little confused as to parts compatibility.
- Are all of the D380 parts compatible with the 420, except parts related to the stretch (tail boom, tail belt, blades, etc.)?
- Is there a list available somewhere that lists compatibility?
- Are all of the Goblin 420 parts compatible with the Devil?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Oct 21, 2019, 06:17 PM
Some tail parts are not compatible. Mostly the hub, grips and bearings in that assembly.
Swash is not. Main shaft is not. Tail ball are smaller.
Swash follower arms kinda work, but can bind when switching between rhe goblin knesans vice versa on a Goblin.
Oct 26, 2019, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Some tail parts are not compatible. Mostly the hub, grips and bearings in that assembly.
Swash is not. Main shaft is not. Tail ball are smaller.
Swash follower arms kinda work, but can bind when switching between rhe goblin knesans vice versa on a Goblin.
Thanks for the info Thickfog.
Oct 26, 2019, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Havenít broken anything yet but... researching sites that have parts available, Iím a little confused as to parts compatibility.
- Are all of the D380 parts compatible with the 420, except parts related to the stretch (tail boom, tail belt, blades, etc.)?
- Is there a list available somewhere that lists compatibility?
- Are all of the Goblin 420 parts compatible with the Devil?

Thanks in advance for any info.
All D380 parts fit D420 ,some of the parts listed for the 420 are heavier duty like the 2mm tail fin and the 2.5mm tail grip.
Nov 19, 2019, 12:41 AM

Nanotech 2650mah 6s 35C - 70C

Hey everyone,

Looking to get a few more lipos for the D420 to get some more airtime with it. I've already got for 2 x Nanotech 2650mah 6s 45-90C ones which work superb and have been going strong for almost 2 years now.

I was looking at the 2650mah 6s 35-70C's which are slightly cheaper and about 10 grams lighter. They are also slightly cheaper than the 45-90C's which are out of stock atm too.

I'm not looking for too much power here just enough for some mild 3D and more airtime.

Would I be ok with 10grams less on the nose in regards to proper balance?

Are there any other cheaper yet good batteries anyone can recommend ?

Thanks for any help

Jake
Nov 19, 2019, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli
...Would I be ok with 10grams less on the nose in regards to proper balance?...
If the battery is as far forward as it will go, just add weight until it balances. Iím using 1800mah batteries and I have to add a lump of lead in the nose to make it balance.
Nov 19, 2019, 07:09 PM
Quote:
If the battery is as far forward as it will go, just add weight until it balances. Iím using 1800mah batteries and I have to add a lump of lead in the nose to make it balance.
What sort of flight times do you get with the 1800 lipo? I suppose adding some lead in front is always an option.
Yesterday, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli
What sort of flight times do you get with the 1800 lipo? I suppose adding some lead in front is always an option.
I get 5:30 minutes of sport flying and a few flips and rolls. This leaves my batteries at storage charge after rest.

Quick Reply