Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

RF-X Update 1.00.042 Adds 6 New Aircraft and Graphical Improvements

RF-X is one of the most realistic R/C flight simulators around and the development team continues to work on improvements and new aircraft for us to enjoy.

Splash

RF-X Update

RF-X is one of the most realistic R/C flight simulators around and the development team continues to work on improvements and new aircraft for us to enjoy. The latest update, which is out now, adds six new aircraft as well as improved graphics and performance. The graphics improvements bring brighter colors and faster refresh rates. This update is totally free so be sure and download it today. Here's a look at what's new.

New Aircraft:

• Flite Test Versacopter V2
  • Gaui X7 FZ
  • Gee Bee R-2
  • Great Planes Factor 30cc/EP
  • Wolf Spyder
  • xCraft X PlusOne

Fixes/Improvements:

• Temporal Antialiasing (TAA) Improvements.
  • Settings: The selected video mode is always used
  • Settings: The highest available color depth will be used
  • Settings: A secondary sort is applied to video resolutions based on refresh rate
  • Settings: Fixed some other misc. video setting bugs
  • Rewind: Heli rotor RPM and collective are correctly restored
  • Rewind: Electric motors are properly restored to running state
  • Rewind: Visual effects go away after changing aircraft during rewind
  • Multirotor Flight Controller: Added support for custom flight mode names
  • Multirotor Flight Controller: Added HUD support for Headless mode
  • Multirotor Flight Controller: Added support for xCraft X PlusOne tail sitter design
  • Multirotor Flight Controller: Headless mode's stored heading is now correct
  • Multirotor Flight Controller: Vehicle remains steady during transitions between all modes
  • Multirotor Flight Controller: Return to Launch maintains intended altitude and lands gently
  • Selection dialogs: Home/End keys jump to top/bottom of list, respectively
  • Selection dialogs: Name sort is case insensitive
  • Selection dialogs: The different sort types use more fitting ascending or descending behavior
  • Selection dialogs: Alt key does not engage the Filter box
  • Flight Logs from version 1.00.028 display 0 for speed instead of a garbage value
  • Hand-launch vehicle orientation is based on plane spawn orientation
  • Depth of Field effect does not affect the controller display in the calibration dialog
  • RF-97 Sailplane and X8 Quadcopter 1260 variants are available in the Vehicle Editor Beta
  • Fixed issue preventing online updates for some users with non-English versions of Windows
  • Update will change the physics multithreading setting to off, which is the new default
  • LauncherHelper: Cached collision files are cleaned out during online updates

Check out the RealFlight Updates Page here for more information.

Apr 12, 2017, 01:02 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I love the RF series, but do find it challenging to meet their machine requirements.
Average computers struggle to run the program even with settings toned down to the lowest possible everything.

I would love to see them offer a generation of RF that was designed for lower performance computers. I just dont have the $,$$$.$$ invested into by computer, I'd rather buy more airplanes
Apr 12, 2017, 02:24 PM
DFS#000178
Really, even your off-the-shelf budget HP with a cheap GTX750 or similar ~$100-ish graphics card should run this cranked.
Apr 12, 2017, 03:48 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
It has already been discussed at length in Jason's original RF-X article here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mulator-Review

Point is, it would be really great to see them release a version that would require no additional upgrades to your computer... for the most part, hobbyists are not gamers with fancy gaming rigs and upgraded graphics cards. RF missed their target market.
Apr 12, 2017, 05:15 PM
Radioactive Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Really, even your off-the-shelf budget HP with a cheap GTX750 or similar ~$100-ish graphics card should run this cranked.
Nope. Game is very unoptomized. Reports of 1080s struggling. And not at 4k at 1440 and 1080. Was waiting to buy it to see if they made improvements through patches. We'll see how this one goes.

EDIT: In response to your below post, like I said above, they are having major problems with this. Even powerhouses like my i7 Kaby and 1080 won't run this smoothly.
Apr 12, 2017, 05:15 PM
DFS#000178
It's kind of a double-edged sword, though. You've got people constantly wanting better graphics. Otherwise we'd still be at Dave Brown levels of detail in our flight sims and then they'd never sell anything no matter how good the physics were.

I remember when FSOne came out, the uproar that there was no multiplayer...I mean, really?

I mean, even in gaming, gameplay trumps graphics, but you also can't hold the capability back because non-gamers want to play games (and this is a game..) on non-gaming computers.

For the price of a few decent lipo packs, you can upgrade your rig to run this without any problem. Sure, it sucks to have to spend money, but it's money that will give you returns in enjoyment for years. And it's not a lot of money..

I just upgraded my rig with a 1080. That hurt financially, but I know I'm future-proofed for years to come and knowing I won't need to upgrade again for at least 4-5 years makes the pill a little easier to swallow.

TL;DR - upgrade your rig if you want to enjoy the latest, greatest generations of flight sims.
Apr 12, 2017, 05:16 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylon
Nope. Game is very unoptomized. Reports of 1080s struggling. And not at 4k at 1440 and 1080. Was waiting to buy it to see if they made improvements through patches. We'll see how this one goes.
WUT..

Lol. If it's so badly optimized that 1080s are struggling than it's junk and not worth your time anyway.

Sounds like it's built like a free-to-play Korean MMO.

"Hey guys let's unload on the CPU and ignore everything else..."
Apr 12, 2017, 11:40 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Enjoy the sim with all your gamer buddies in multiplayer!
As you said, this release is built for gamers- not hobbyists.
Apr 13, 2017, 02:09 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
Enjoy the sim with all your gamer buddies in multiplayer!
As you said, this release is built for gamers- not hobbyists.
Why do the two need to be mutually exclusive?
Apr 13, 2017, 11:31 AM
You would think the after spending $179 in 2015 for 7.5 that there would be a more inexpensive upgrade price! 1 update in 2 years! Not impressed.
Apr 14, 2017, 12:56 AM
Meanwhile, us Mac users remain grounded. Just how long are they going to ignore this market?
Apr 14, 2017, 06:13 PM

RF-X Update 1.00.042 Adds 6 New Aircraft and Graphical Improvements

Mac is a really really small percentage of the market.
less than 10%.

i love my apple products as much as the next guy but i bought it knowing most software will not run on it. i am ok with that.

that's why i gave a windows machine for specialty software.
Apr 16, 2017, 03:17 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahrhaftig
Meanwhile, us Mac users remain grounded. Just how long are they going to ignore this market?
It'd be a lot easier for you to just install a Windows VM on your Mac.
Apr 20, 2017, 12:12 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
I'm still running the version that came out in 2006 or something like that. LOL Flight physics were great, even that far back.

I'd like to upgrade though! Just spending money on other things.
Apr 23, 2017, 08:30 PM
Trees don't like me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
I love the RF series, but do find it challenging to meet their machine requirements.
Average computers struggle to run the program even with settings toned down to the lowest possible everything.

I would love to see them offer a generation of RF that was designed for lower performance computers. I just dont have the $,$$$.$$ invested into by computer, I'd rather buy more airplanes
In my opinion they marketed RFX as not just the most realistic with physics, but also with graphics. That generation of RF was probably RF7, I can run that on my laptop. RFX is pretty much the same in terms of physics, but it is a lot more demanding. RFX also has waaaaaaaaay more limited options in terms of customization.