Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Castle Creations 14 Series - Sensored Crawler Motors

These new sensored crawler motors have a laundry list of features packed into each one! Let's take a look at the 14-Series sensored motors from Castle Creations.

Castle Creations 14 Series - Sensored Crawler Motors

Low KV Four-Pole Sensored Motors

Castle Creations just dropped the proverbial bomb on the crawler market with announcement of the new 14 Series sensored motors. These 4 pole brushless motors are perfect for rock crawling, scale and off-road trucks, and even Ultra4 "Hammers" style rock racers and bouncers. There's a whole lotta tech packed into these motors, so let's take a look at their features.

Torque and Control

The 14-Series motors offer monsterous torque and precise throttle control: two things required for rock crawling. Their 4-pole 12-slot design offers up improved heat dissipation and great efficiency.

QUIETSENSE Technology

The 14-Series from Castle Creations come with QUIETSENSE Technology that shields the sensors from magnetic field noise to deliver precise startups and higher precision while driving. Additionally, conformal coated sensor boards offer exceptional waterproofing.

Castle Link-3

When paired with the Castle Creations X-Series ESCs, the 14-Series motors offer multiple modes such as Crawler Mode, Rock Race Mode, and an adjustable drag brake that can be adjusted from a 3-rd channel on your transmitter on the fly, when using the auxiliary wire.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Castle Creations 14-Series Crawler Motors.

Specifications:

• Input Voltage Range: 3S-4S LiPo
  • Kv: 1900 -3800 (depending on motor)
  • Max. RPM: 100,000
  • Size: Length: 49.5mm
  • Diameter: 36mm
  • Weight (w/wires): 197 g / 6.9oz
  • Shaft Size: Length: 15mm
  • Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
  • Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
  • Cooling Fan: Optional - Coming Soon
  • Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
  • Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
  • Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale rock crawlers on 3S-4S and low speed setups on 1:10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies.
  • Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Max Pro, Mamba X, Mamba Micro X

Video

Check out this demo video, showing how slow the 14-Series motors from Castle can turn. That's precise control!

ROCK READY - Castle Creations LOW KV Crawler & Scaler Series (1 min 56 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Apr 11, 2017 at 01:41 PM..
Apr 11, 2017, 06:53 PM
would be awesome if this breathed a little life into the dead comp crawler scene.
Apr 11, 2017, 09:03 PM
Not sure I'd want this. Don't brushless tend to have issues with cogging at low rpm?
Apr 11, 2017, 10:22 PM
RCG Staff
Not with sensored motors like this. It is so smooth. The first time I drove a sensored motor was a Losi 22 and it blew me away.
Apr 12, 2017, 01:27 AM
They should advertise for Wildlife photography rovers, Why use a telephoto lens when, you can creep up on those P Dogs! I could see them... "Oh!, Im sure it moved this time!"
Apr 12, 2017, 06:53 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Not sure I'd want this. Don't brushless tend to have issues with cogging at low rpm?
For a long time, Novak was the only sensored brushless rock crawler motors. They performed similar to any 55 turn lathe motor, but had extremely accurate movement down low and we're very efficient. I'm glad Castle Creations has offered another solution.

Once you try a sensors brushless crawler setup, you'll never go back to brushed.

Watch that video in the article; that should answer your cogging question.
Apr 17, 2017, 10:00 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I might end up making a 6s crawler setup with that 1900kv motor
Apr 24, 2017, 10:51 PM
Looking for a Sensored brushless motor for my RR 10 W/2speed and 3S Lipo's
1 for crawling and 2 for running with Grand kids and the dog
I'm not sure what Kv is best for my stile driving ?
Not really sure how the KV numbers work
Any help would be appreciated