This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 10, 2017, 09:48 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

ASUAV RS220 Truly AWESOME!!

EDIT 2/22/2018 Ready to fly package is now on sale for only $171 Click me to order.

There's a new 200mm 5" racer on the block! The AWESOME ASUAV RS220 is a 220mm FPV racing drone sporting 2205R 2300KV motors, an F3 flight controller, a 700TVL FPV camera with a 600mw VTX. It even comes RTF with the Flysky FS-i6 radio, a 1500mah 3s Lipo battery, a balance charger, and a carrying case for transporting, and storing your new racer in.

Let's take a close up look at this very attractive new machine!

I will get screen shots of the stock setup, and flight video posted asap. (Screen shots, and flight video added below) I can say that this is a well tuned quad right out of the box. They have set up flight modes for you, set up the rear LED light bar, and set up motor arming. This is a truly ready to fly package. Just route the receiver antennas through the provided holder, install 4 AA batteries into the radio, install the props, charge the battery, and fly.

This package is on sale for a limited time for only $169 which is an absolutely amazing deal for a racing drone this complete, and well equipped. After my first flight, I am more impressed with this quad than I was with the KingKong 210GT, (which I really like) and this quad has a much smaller price tag.

Feel free to ask any questions. More to come soon, so stay tuned, and happy flying!!

First flight with box stock settings, stock battery, and stock props.

AWESOME ASUAV RS220 220mm FPV Racing Drone First Flight (4 min 16 sec)

Flight video with increased rates in CleanFlight, and DAL Cyclone 5045 tri-blade props. Speed and acceleration both increased significantly.

AWESOME ASUAV RS220 RTF FPV Racing Drone DAL Cyclone Props (3 min 51 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Mar 04, 2018 at 08:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2017, 07:48 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Here are a few screen shots of stock configuration

Apr 11, 2017, 03:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Flight videos added to first post.
Dec 16, 2017, 02:05 AM
Hello there,
I know its an old blog entry but could you post again the stock rs 220 configuration?
Did you connect using betaflight or cleanflight (old version like 1.2.0)?

thanks bud
Dec 16, 2017, 10:14 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Howdy. It is CleanFlight and it is an older version. I'll have to look through some of my files to see if I still have a backup for it. I'm not sure if I do.
Dec 27, 2017, 02:16 AM
hello again,

Im just wondering wich receiver has on it.
A Turnigy 9xr Pro is coming and don't know wich module should I put to bind to the rs220.
Will this work? --> https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-F...r_warehouse=CN

edit: might be this one instead? https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-R...r_warehouse=CN

Im quite confused
sorry for this noob question but Im getting into the hobby...Thanks!
Last edited by rubenix; Dec 27, 2017 at 03:32 AM.
Dec 27, 2017, 03:43 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Did you purchase the RTF or the PNP model?
Dec 28, 2017, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax View Post
Did you purchase the RTF or the PNP model?
RTF package with FLYSKY transmitter
Dec 28, 2017, 04:21 AM
BTW do I have to disassemble it to bind the receiver to a new transmitter?
Dec 28, 2017, 10:48 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
You should only have to disassemble it if your not able to get to the bind button on the receiver. Sometimes they can be reached with a small screwdriver.
Dec 29, 2017, 12:29 AM
Quote:
You should only have to disassemble it if your not able to get to the bind button on the receiver. Sometimes they can be reached with a small screwdriver.
is this possible on the asuav rs 220? I mean, Can the the bind button be reached without disassemble the rear part? I've never done it...

Thanks in advance @fastmax
Jan 18, 2018, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Howdy. It is CleanFlight and it is an older version. I'll have to look through some of my files to see if I still have a backup for it. I'm not sure if I do.
ok got it bounded with the irange irx4 module installed on my turnigy 9xr pro. had to dissasemble the quad and use a bind plug.

im quite new to this and im trying to configure a couple of switches on cleanflight but I think this quad has one of the channels 'reserved' for the light/buzzer isn't it?

maybe im wrong and got one channel broken on the receiver instead...im not sure.

the thing is that there are only 6 channels on that fs-ia6 receiver.
AETR + one possible switch for arming and the other channel for flight modes (3 pos switch on my transmitter) --> angle, horizon & acro

cant arm the quad on my turnigy if im not using a switch...its the only way i managed to do so.

any thoughts/help on how can i acomplish that?

thanks in advance, sorry for my english wich i already know is not the best and happy flying!
Jan 18, 2018, 10:09 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I'm not sure I understand. You want to use a switch for arming the motors correct? It is really the best way.
Jan 19, 2018, 01:17 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand. You want to use a switch for arming the motors correct? It is really the best way.
yes, thats correct. All I want is arm the motors with one switch (I already done it). Then change fly mode with another switch (3 pos switch in the Turnigy 9xrpro)
The 3 pos switch Its not recognized in the cleanfligh so I cannot change the flight mode (angle,horizon & acro)
I don't know if its transmitter mixer setting, channel broken on the receiver or something else Im missing...

with the flysky fs-i6 tranmitter I could change the flight mode but cannot assign a switch for arming (it could be done with throttle stick).
So bassically after binding to any of the to transmitters I only have just one free aux channel (recognized in cleanflight).
The ia6 receivers has 6 channels so I think I should have a couple of free aux channels after binding, isn't it?.

sorry again for my bad english and hope you understand my concerns after the clarification.

Thanks!
Jan 19, 2018, 06:30 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
See this link and let me know if it helps http://blog.dronetrest.com/setting-u...ht-betaflight/

Quick Reply