Apr 10, 2017, 07:49 PM
Did some repairs and flew this at my shop, a DQuad Obsession.

Dquad Obsession Stretch X 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Dquad Obsession Stretch X by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Apr 10, 2017, 08:07 PM

Tamiya

Not a plane or a build.But it is r/c.
Ran a few hot laps up and down the driveway with a couple Tamiya cars.
Cadillac is a TT02R and the Camaro is a TA04S.
Last edited by SkidooMXZ; Apr 10, 2017 at 08:12 PM.
Apr 10, 2017, 08:24 PM
☠ -4
Goat, that stinson (parkzone one is pictured) is a great little plane. I fly mine with 1300s and only get about 6 minutes but it flies a bit lighter than the recommended 1800.

I spent a little part of my day trying to repaint a cowl from a super impress. I bought the discontinued ARF a month or so ago and outfitted it with a motor that was a bit too powerful for the wooden mount that came with the plane. I found that out a few weeks back on maiden when after I got her trimmed I gave her full throttle and the only thing that happened was the motor launched itself from the plane.

So the only damage was a shredded cowl where I was fortunate enough to locate most of the pieces and was able to piece it back together with glass cloth and epoxy. I bought some matching red paint at the local auto parts store and all was going well with the rattle can approach till the 3rd coat when it started spattering. Ugh! Waiting for paint to cure so I can sand and try again.
Last edited by freddy_fo; Oct 05, 2017 at 09:01 AM.
Apr 10, 2017, 08:48 PM
Closed Account
Nice MTN, been a bit windy up here.
Apr 10, 2017, 09:11 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Thread OP
what's your 20?
Apr 10, 2017, 09:13 PM
Closed Account
Puyallup area
Apr 10, 2017, 09:14 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Thread OP
yeah I heard it's been wicked up there

fly slope? We're headed to Saddle mtn in two weeks, out by Vantage
Apr 10, 2017, 09:16 PM
Closed Account
No slope, just war birds. Might come your way in July, go see the falls
Apr 10, 2017, 09:53 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer
Did some repairs and flew this at my shop, a DQuad Obsession.

Dquad Obsession Stretch X 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Dquad Obsession Stretch X by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Surprised you're using those plastic boxes that are shipping with all the KISS-size ESCs nowadays. They add almost 7 grams. I still like the look of a naked ESC with only clear shrink. I generally use two strips of clear to hold em down.

My newest toy is the CJLTech infrared spotlight along with a Runcam Night Eagle. Infrared assistance is not ..really.. necessary with the Night Eagle IF you have a nice half to full moon, or any artifical light at all, such as a distant street light or house lights from windows, etc. But in cloud cover and in the country, it is needed. I'm finding it thrilling and novel to fly in total darkness . . . almost. . as fast as you can fly during the day. Of course, the HUGE handicap is you have almost 80 grams strapped on.

I can't share any personal video because I don't have a ground-based DVR and a GoPro or Mobius sees only blackness.

FPV freestyle in dark night (IR light + night cam) (2 min 53 sec)
Apr 10, 2017, 11:34 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
I spent the day at the concert hall in the city. Helped my kid soar through two rehearsals plus a morning and evening concert with the youth symphony. Long day.
Apr 11, 2017, 02:12 AM
Single-task at best...
Good flying last weekend with my Charlatan O/D aerobat and HK Tiger Moth (from the laser kit).

Last night I was back in the workshop getting my Civilian Coupe up to the covering stage. So far, so good.......

Tim
Last edited by tim hooper; Apr 11, 2017 at 12:24 PM.
Apr 11, 2017, 03:46 AM
Sharing lunch with Jonesy.
Planes? Nothing. I was waiting on an endmill so I could finish my old Green #106 engraver so it uses common font sets.

My newest F-117A is coming along nicely. I can't figure out why it an F and not a B... It has no air to air defense capability. Pretty much it's just a small bomber.
Latest blog entry: Later peeps
Apr 11, 2017, 03:51 AM
Closed Account
Last flight before getting sold or scrapped. Outdated esc and cracked pdb. Its fun to fly... insane on 8s and docile on 4s.
Apr 11, 2017, 04:55 AM
Mr Mootsie
Trying to finish an Airtronics Aquila that I e been working on for a long time. First flew one in 1977. Great looking old timer.
Apr 11, 2017, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatgearheadgirl
Last flight before getting sold or scrapped. Outdated esc and cracked pdb. Its fun to fly... insane on 8s and docile on 4s.
8S??? Bloomin' 'eck!!

Quick Reply