Apr 30, 2017, 12:21 AM
Quest for Speed!!!
is the wing and stabs fully sheeted?

is there a landing video to show how slow it could land?

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2017, 12:49 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
There is a video that "SupaTim" posted a few pages back showing it landing at a reasonable speed. You can also watch it "
Extreme Flight's Speed Freak Pantera!! (2 min 40 sec)
here"..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Apr 30, 2017, 11:54 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee View Post
is the wing and stabs fully sheeted?

is there a landing video to show how slow it could land?

Mike
Yes, the wings and stab are fully sheeted.
Btw...these are completely different from the Vanquish wing which are not fully sheeted and have a thicker airfoil.
Also Pantera Wings have a wing mounting tab/3mm bolt instead of a thumbscrew.
Last edited by ChinoDiablo; May 01, 2017 at 06:43 AM.
Apr 30, 2017, 03:00 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need

Ready for the maiden

All finished. Just need this dang rain to go away. I hope she's as fast in the air as she looks on the kitchen counter!
Apr 30, 2017, 04:17 PM
Looks great Nash!!!

SteveT.
Apr 30, 2017, 05:00 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas View Post
All finished. Just need this dang rain to go away. I hope she's as fast in the air as she looks on the kitchen counter!
looking good, but why is ur scheme different from one shown in website...when we purchase, what style/scheme decals come with it?

Mike
Apr 30, 2017, 05:31 PM
Because Nash is a master at covering and doing graphics for his planes and he added some stuff to it!!

His avatar is a Yak that he re-covered in chrome and green, and it is outstanding!! Check out this post, to see more/better photo of the Yak.

SteveT.
Apr 30, 2017, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm not so sure about being a master, but I do like to tinker. Probably to a fault, I ought to just fly em as they come.

Eric from B&E Graphix is my go to resource for vinyl. Heck of a nice guy too!

Richard
Apr 30, 2017, 09:10 PM
Nash, you've got a beautiful clean kitchen.
Nice.
May 01, 2017, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
Nash, you've got a beautiful clean kitchen.
Nice.
Ha! Thanks. But remember things on the internet aren't always what they seem. The downdraft fan you in the pic is broken and stuck in the up position, and I moved two arm loads of crap from the counter that was left behind from my teenagers LOL.
May 01, 2017, 10:57 AM
Teenagers... sigh...
I've got 2 of 'em and an 11 year old.

On a different note, I'm pleased with the CF landing gear that came with the Pantera.
The ones on the Vanquish are quite a bit bouncier/thinner.
May 01, 2017, 01:04 PM
Quest for Speed!!!

hinges

Hello Guys , a very quick question, trhe options have the upgraded radio south hinges, are these just better quality hinges or a different type altogether.

Also, are the hinge slot precut or should I take out my hinge slot exacto tool to make slots?

Mike
May 01, 2017, 01:31 PM
FlyBilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee View Post
Hello Guys , a very quick question, trhe options have the upgraded radio south hinges, are these just better quality hinges or a different type altogether.

Also, are the hinge slot precut or should I take out my hinge slot exacto tool to make slots?

Mike
Mike,

The stock CA hinges are good quality, but the Radio South hinges are even better (just not available in China to package with the kits). The hinge slots are pre-cut in all the control surfaces...
May 01, 2017, 01:51 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkener2 View Post
Mike,

The stock CA hinges are good quality, but the Radio South hinges are even better (just not available in China to package with the kits). The hinge slots are pre-cut in all the control surfaces...

That's awesome, just placed my order ...I need something with landing gear for my new field which can slow down in 400ft for landing. all my pylon racers and hotliners and having tough time to slow down in this new field...though this is not real fast..but should really be fun to fly and land with no panic and million landing attempts/aborts and go around

Mike
May 01, 2017, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkener2 View Post
Mike,

All that being said, I've never had a stock hinge fail on 9+ EF/3DHS airframes.

Quick Reply