Oct 02, 2019, 02:16 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Anyone else have terrible service from Extreme flight. I need 2 new wing servo mounts/covers. Emailed them and no response. I really want to get this thing in the air but need these 2 items.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2019, 03:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
No, EF service is among the best there is, If you emailed them this week, they are probably at the 'Nall in the fall' flying event.

Did you check the parts availability on the website? If so, and they aren't listed, they may not be available. I checked, but do not see them listed for either color scheme.

Try giving them a call. That is really the best way to contact EF.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Oct 02, 2019, 06:01 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Thanks for the info I completely forgot about Nall. No I did not see them so I was trying to get an answer as to their availability that is why I emailed them. My guess is also that they are included with the wings but not separately. I have also had some issues in the past so I was more curious if it was just me or if others had issues.
Oct 02, 2019, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewton
Thanks for the info I completely forgot about Nall. No I did not see them so I was trying to get an answer as to their availability that is why I emailed them. My guess is also that they are included with the wings but not separately. I have also had some issues in the past so I was more curious if it was just me or if others had issues.
Is 3D printing them an option for you?

Having done it to use different servos than recommended by Horizon for a big glider, and having had a mounting block glue joint fail on my Beast 60 (on taxi, fortunately) I doubt I'll ever go back to ply covers and end grain glued blocks.
Oct 02, 2019, 09:08 PM
If you can't get any, if you can get me dimensions, I can laser cut some for you.

SteveT.
Oct 03, 2019, 05:13 PM
Warm Sunny days please

covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
If you can't get any, if you can get me dimensions, I can laser cut some for you.

SteveT.
That is awesome thanks I will let you know if I can't get these to work.
Oct 04, 2019, 06:10 AM
Warm Sunny days please
I am building mine with a Motrofly 3620-1000kv motor, using a Gecko 155amp esc and I am going to run a 10x10 prop. I am trying to get 180mph or so out of this plane. I just got rid of my Word Models Nemesis that I had electrified that would do 170mph. I want this plane to be faster than any of the EDF jets that I fly. I love speed.
Oct 04, 2019, 01:14 PM
Good luck..

SteveT.
Oct 04, 2019, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewton
I am building mine with a Motrofly 3620-1000kv motor, using a Gecko 155amp esc and I am going to run a 10x10 prop. I am trying to get 180mph or so out of this plane. I just got rid of my Word Models Nemesis that I had electrified that would do 170mph. I want this plane to be faster than any of the EDF jets that I fly. I love speed.
Go really really easy in the throws and reinforce anything you can.. specially the elevator....
Oct 04, 2019, 03:14 PM
Warm Sunny days please
thanks I will need the luck. I am trying to get it finished this afternoon so I can fly this weekend but not pushing it. I did some preliminary testing and found that I was right at 150amps so everything is being pushed to the limit. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained right? I also put Scorpion backup guards in all of my higher power planes so at least if it burns the esc and motor I should still be able to get it down.

Quick Reply