Aug 22, 2019, 01:50 PM
Anyone using an Aura 8 in their Pantera?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 05:36 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Probably no need considering how small the throws are, but then a little extra stability never hurts.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Aug 22, 2019, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Probably no need considering how small the throws are, but then a little extra stability never hurts.

SteveT.
Yeah was thinking that. Was just curious
Aug 23, 2019, 10:42 AM
Team EFRC, Castle, BandE
Probably somebody somewhere, I just never knew about it.
Aug 23, 2019, 02:12 PM
out to have fun
I tried one in my nitro outlaw but had to set up two gains one for takeoff and landing and one for fast speed. But a no slop setup and great servos is all you need.
Aug 23, 2019, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbishw92
I tried one in my nitro outlaw but had to set up two gains one for takeoff and landing and one for fast speed. But a no slop setup and great servos is all you need.
Thanks for the reply
Sep 05, 2019, 03:19 PM
I know a lot of guys run the Castle talon 90 esc. Anyone run into this before setting up the endpoints?

Went through the end point calibration and it seems to work fine. Power the plane down then up again to test. It's not getting the low signal to arm right away. If I play with the throttle stick and push down, I can get it to arm. Other times it will arm on its it's own. Sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes longer. No rhyme or reason. A previous talon 90 I used on another pantera armed right away. I went into the castle program via the usb link and set it to fixed throttle points. This is a used plane. Any suggestions as to what's going on? I called Castle Creations and they were stumped. They suggested the rx is not sending the correct signal on the throttle channel. I'm trying an Aura 8 with 2 dsmx satellite receivers and a dx9.
Sep 05, 2019, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy44
I know a lot of guys run the Castle talon 90 esc. Anyone run into this before setting up the endpoints?

Went through the end point calibration and it seems to work fine. Power the plane down then up again to test. It's not getting the low signal to arm right away. If I play with the throttle stick and push down, I can get it to arm. Other times it will arm on its it's own. Sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes longer. No rhyme or reason. A previous talon 90 I used on another pantera armed right away. I went into the castle program via the usb link and set it to fixed throttle points. This is a used plane. Any suggestions as to what's going on? I called Castle Creations and they were stumped. They suggested the rx is not sending the correct signal on the throttle channel. I'm trying an Aura 8 with 2 dsmx satellite receivers and a dx9.
I assume you went through the calibration process after programming the controller to fixed end points? In your message you mention the end point calibration first. I have several and set them all to fixed end points. So far, never any trouble.

Scott
Sep 05, 2019, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthudson
I assume you went through the calibration process after programming the controller to fixed end points? In your message you mention the end point calibration first. I have several and set them all to fixed end points. So far, never any trouble.

Scott
I actually did the calibration first, forgot that I didn't set it in the program. After setting it to fixed endpoints, I went back and recalibrated it. And after that, when nothing changed, I rebound the rx and then recalibrated again. Still the same thing. Next I'm going to try it with a fresh model. If that doesn't work I will try a different talon 90 to rule out either the esc or rx.
Sep 05, 2019, 06:04 PM
Lower your throttle trim a bit..

SteveT.
Sep 05, 2019, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Lower your throttle trim a bit..

SteveT.
Thanks Steve. I thought of that and tried it. Was still doing the same thing.
Sep 05, 2019, 06:32 PM
Ok...

SteveT.
Sep 06, 2019, 11:27 PM
Little bit of an update but I'm not quite sure what fixed it. With the Aura you have 2 ports for satellite receivers. One of the receivers was not lighting up. It would blink during the binding process then not work after that. Switched out to another and the new satellite receiver worked. I also started a new file in the aura and deleted the old one. It now arms as it should after the 6 beeps for 6s. Thanks all for the help and suggestions.
Sep 08, 2019, 10:14 PM
Took out the Pantera for only the second time this summer. For some reason, this plane gets my heart a pumpin!

EF Pantera "Speed Freak" (3 min 57 sec)
Sep 08, 2019, 10:28 PM
It's a 'zipper', that's for sure!!

SteveT.

Quick Reply