Jun 13, 2019, 05:37 AM
Hello again flight partners!

Yesterday I premiered mine, in the end I bought the plane in Germany and electronics in an American store because Extreme flight told me that I was going to spend a budget but today I'm still waiting.

As a positive the plane flies well and above all it is fast that is what I was looking for. In the end I used the hysol for everything, reinforced with a piece of carbon the rudder depth, replaced the hinges for a Dubro, blenderm tape only for the plane below in ailerons and depth and finally added 35 grams in glue to be able to use some lipos that I have of 5000 amperes and 65C / 130C as I had already commented on here.

Servos Hitec HS-85MG for all surfaces except for depth that I carry a digital Hitec of 4 kilos that I do not remember now the model.

I leave you a small video of the premiere!

(1 min 37 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2019, 01:12 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Looks like you have it groovin!! Congrats on the maiden!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 13, 2019, 08:58 PM
Use the 4S Luke
If it pitches down with throttle, you might try a washer or two under the lower mounting points to add up thrust. Same for yaw.

My Super Aspera rolls slightly at WOT due to torque. I just fly it.
Jun 17, 2019, 03:48 AM

Video new!!

Hello again classmates!

I tried it again this Saturday with 15 knots this time and it supports them well as I have also mounted my Voltron GPS and it has surprised me for the maximum speed it registered, 240 kmh.

Pantera 52" (3 min 47 sec)

Here I pass it and thank everyone who has collaborated with information and experience of the model to this forum that has served as experience when mounting mine.

Happy flights!
Jun 17, 2019, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know if the Pantera borrowed elements from the Vanquish MKII? The fuselage looks very similar, just different colors and rudder; the wings and tail appear similar but with more significant changes (different servo layout, new wingtips). It also appears that the wing was lowered within the fuselage.

Thanks,

Teo
Jun 17, 2019, 08:45 PM
If you look at any EF or 3DHS plane, you will see similarities. To me the cowl looks like the Vyper cowl, so, you may be right.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 29, 2019, 08:36 AM
Professional farm-buyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt
The landing gear legs are very strong, the plate is weak. Easy fix. With such low wheel pants and grass strips the plate is way too thin and very cheap plywood. On a new one I would cut the 2"x3" covering out under the plate, pop off the t-nuts and plywood spacers, epoxy in a perfect fit 1/8" ply, (will need to be 2 parts seemed in the middle), drill holes from the top, put nuts back in with longer bolts and be done. Iron on a new piece of red and all will be good.
I'm thinking about doing this mode to the gear. Do you have any pics you can post before I start? I'd really appreciate it!
Jun 29, 2019, 09:24 AM
Honestly I have quiet a few landings on grass and landing strips and the landing gear portion of the fuselage is holding up strong and still as new.
Jun 29, 2019, 10:11 AM
Professional farm-buyer
Congratulations Blinkguy.

I’d still like some pics if Markusvt has some.
Jul 01, 2019, 07:36 AM
Anyone else lose orientation with the blue color on a blue sky?
Jul 01, 2019, 07:41 AM
Team EFRC, Castle, BandE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy44
Anyone else lose orientation with the blue color on a blue sky?
I do, to combat that I put two blue invasion stripes on the bottom to break up the yellow. Keep in mind it is just not that big, is fast and can get to the edge of view quickly so color scheme is only so helpful.
Jeff
Jul 01, 2019, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamsrc
I do, to combat that I put two blue invasion stripes on the bottom to break up the yellow. Keep in mind it is just not that big, is fast and can get to the edge of view quickly so color scheme is only so helpful.
Jeff
Yeah, found that out this morning.
Jul 01, 2019, 07:27 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruyman
Hello again classmates!

I tried it again this Saturday with 15 knots this time and it supports them well as I have also mounted my Voltron GPS and it has surprised me for the maximum speed it registered, 240 kmh.

https://youtu.be/68WvV2xph88

Here I pass it and thank everyone who has collaborated with information and experience of the model to this forum that has served as experience when mounting mine.

Happy flights!
fantastic flight , wow ....!!

did u mod the elevator? did you reinforce anything around the center? same single servo for elevator...I always think elevator is the weak part of this plane and kinda baby it in air and wont pull sever G turns yet on her.

MikeRC
Jul 04, 2019, 08:25 AM

Cutting the motor wires

As far as cutting the motor wires on the XPower T3520 900Kv, I cut mine as they seamed to have been tinned from the original connectors all the way back to the motor.

The cut ends seamed to take to the solder I applied into the bullet connectors just fine.

So I got a little bit nervous after reading all of this DO NOT CUT THE MOTOR LEADS stuff and recovered the clipped ends from the trash just to make sure. I soldered the two ends together with no problem at all.

So it seams that I got a motor that the leads COULD be cut.
Last edited by MarkU1967; Jul 04, 2019 at 08:30 AM.
Jul 04, 2019, 12:45 PM
Not all brands are the same. You got away with it on this brand, another brand you might not have. (ask me how I know)

As to soldering the wires together, I would never solder wires together by just putting them side by side without binding them with some other soft copper wire. Though with pre-tinned wires it is almost impossible, my preference is to shove them together so that the strands inter-twine and then solder them. (but that's just me)

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Jul 04, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply