Thread Tools
Jan 11, 2019, 02:44 PM
Registered User
miclacom's Avatar
Also double check your solder joints as this can cause this as well as a dud battery
Id meter it first
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2019, 10:58 AM
Registered User
Im building the Pantera kit as well. I did get the T5320 motor with the plane however, I already have a new Castle Creations Edge 100. I assume it should work with T5320 motor but, want to make sure if I need to change the out of the box settings to the ones mentioned on this thread. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Mar 18, 2019, 01:21 PM
Professional farm-buyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzgary
Im building the Pantera kit as well. I did get the T5320 motor with the plane however, I already have a new Castle Creations Edge 100. I assume it should work with T5320 motor but, want to make sure if I need to change the out of the box settings to the ones mentioned on this thread. Any suggestions or thoughts?
No issues there - the Castle 100 will be fine, but you will need an external BEC.

If you have some money to spend, or wish to sell your Castle, I can HIGHLY recommend the Hobbywing 100A V3, or Hobbywing 120A V4.

Both are extremely reliable and have strong BECs that will power all types of servos with out fail.
Mar 18, 2019, 01:23 PM
Professional farm-buyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclacom
Also double check your solder joints as this can cause this as well as a dud battery
Id meter it first
The problem ended up being the motor (of all things). Extreme Flight swapped out the motor and now it flies great.
The sound it makes screaming down the flight line at full power is really cool!
Mar 29, 2019, 12:33 PM
Registered User
Why do you say you need an external BEC when using CC Edge 100? I use one and it has an internal BEC. I know it doesn’t have as high of current capacity as the Talons do but, mine is handling the current for my last three flights. I’m using the recommended servos and Spektrum receiver. I’m just curious about comment about BEC because someone else posted that CC Edge didn’t have a BEC which Isn’t true... at lest on the ones I bought. I do like the Talon’s direct motor connectors as long as your ESC is close enough to the motor
Mar 29, 2019, 06:40 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Not the Castle Edge HV. if using the low voltage one, no, you don't rally unless you are pulling a lot of amps with high power digital servos. Then, most people disable the internal BEC and use an external. That said, the Talon ESC has a more robust BEC than the Edge does.

SteveT,
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Apr 02, 2019, 07:49 PM
Registered User
Ok, thanks for input!
BTW, anyone know how many poles the motor has?
I am using telemetry on CC ESC and would like to get correct RPMs displayed on transmitter's telemetry screen.
Apr 02, 2019, 07:50 PM
Registered User
Sorry, didn't mentioned which motor... I am using the recommended T5320
Apr 23, 2019, 08:23 AM
Registered User

Pantera 52


Hello flight partners!

I am interested in purchasing the Pantera 52 "with the recommended motorization but I was wondering how many of you have tried or use a 6S 5000 45 / 65C.
It is that I own two of these nanotech batteries and my intention was to take advantage of them. As I had also thought to put in depth and rudder the HS-85MG and a few wings HS-82MG to avoid having to invest more than $ 500 in the model.

I read the whole post and I see that there have been problems with depth above all.
I'm really used to much faster models but I think it's a good plane, because apart from being fast it is acrobatic and for days of crosswind with how slow it is to enter to land, I could settle and it can be a good candidate, without having to risk other more expensive aircraft on days like these.

What do friends say?

Thank you.
Apr 23, 2019, 09:15 AM
Registered User
BlinkguY's Avatar
There's a guy flying with pulse 6s 5000mah 65c at 755g... he said he added a little bit of tail weight to make it balance...
Apr 23, 2019, 12:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
There's a guy flying with pulse 6s 5000mah 65c at 755g... he said he added a little bit of tail weight to make it balance...
I was wrong, my batteries are 65C / 130C and weigh 808 grams!

But the same as mounting the HS-85mg in glue and sticking a piece of carbon in the depth do not need to put a lot of lead in the tail.
Apr 23, 2019, 12:33 PM
Registered User

Pantera 52


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
There's a guy flying with pulse 6s 5000mah 65c at 755g... he said he added a little bit of tail weight to make it balance...
I was wrong, my batteries are 65C / 130C and weigh 808 grams!

But the same as mounting the HS-85mg in glue and sticking a piece of carbon in the depth do not need to put a lot of lead in the tail.
Apr 23, 2019, 12:42 PM
Team EFRC, Castle, BandE
You could probably get away with the 5000mah lipos but the Hitec 85 and hitec 82 are questionable IMO. I have never had good luck with those servos.
Apr 23, 2019, 03:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamsrc
You could probably get away with the 5000mah lipos but the Hitec 85 and hitec 82 are questionable IMO. I have never had good luck with those servos.
I put them in my Jet Habu32, which is more than 6 years old and reaches 260kmh without problems to date, except that the centering is not perfect.

Well to see if there is luck and I get a Panther 52 "write / red that the color that I like most of the two.
Apr 23, 2019, 03:30 PM
Registered User

Pantera 52


And one question, I have a Card program from Castle for an old esc? 120 that I own and my question is as follows.

Apart from being able to change the values, is it useful if I connect it to the internet to update the version that is requested for the heel 90? Does anyone have it and have it tried? Thank you.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools