Apr 10, 2017, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
New Product

New Speed Freak Pantera from Extreme Flight!

Extreme Flight is very excited to announce the release of the new Speed Freak Pantera! The Pantera is a prop jet designed around the Xpwr T3520, the same motor that propels the Speed Freak Outlaw to ballistic speeds! Sleek, smooth and oh so fast, the Pantera tracks like a pattern plane, is easy to take off and land and is equally as comfortable performing graceful big sky aerobatics as it is turnin' and burnin'! Choose a 9x9 APC-E and 6S 3300-4000 mah high C battery pack for blistering speed or drop back to a 10x5 for spirited sport flying. 2 super cool Ultracote color schemes that pay tribute to the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and U.S. Navy Blue Angels are available. State of the art construction, showroom finish fiberglass parts, complete hardware package and decal set included. 2 piece wing mounted on a carbon fiber wing tube, easily removed for transport. Carbon fiber main gear and tailwheel assembly. If you're feeling the NEED for SPEED the Pantera is ready to deliver!
http://extremeflightrc.com/52-Panter...e-_p_4692.html

http://extremeflightrc.com/52-Panter...e-_p_4691.html

(1 min 50 sec)

ASSEMBLY MANUAL: http://extremeflightrc.com/assets/im...bly_Manual.pdf
Last edited by EXTREME FLIGHT; Apr 10, 2017 at 03:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2017, 07:12 PM
yank and bank!!
Thank goodness you posted this in more than one subforum......
Apr 11, 2017, 06:25 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Subbed

My doctor told me that I'm going to need one of these in the near future to relieve the pain of having crashed so many models last year.
I think he called it "Therapy."
Apr 11, 2017, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Subbed

My doctor told me that I'm going to need one of these in the near future to relieve the pain of having crashed so many models last year.
I think he called it "Therapy."
Can I get the name of your doctor please?
Apr 11, 2017, 08:27 AM
FlyBilly
I'm picking up my 52" Pantera (Thunderbirds Scheme) today at my LHS I will try to get some pics up here on the thread tonight...
Apr 11, 2017, 08:35 AM
Thread OP
Here are some pics of the bottom:
Apr 11, 2017, 08:38 AM
Use the 4S Luke
OK I'll ask. What is the top speed?
Apr 11, 2017, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant
OK I'll ask. What is the top speed?
This was posted by Ben prior to release

Quote:
Pantera speeds are very similar to Outlaw speeds, which are in the 150 range on a 9x9 generic APC.
Apr 11, 2017, 09:05 AM
John
I can't wait to see how this thing flies. I've never had anything like this and there are only three reasons I bought it. 1. I know it's quality coming from the EF team, 2. It looks like loads of fun, 3. It looks bad ass.
Apr 11, 2017, 09:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672
I can't wait to see how this thing flies. I've never had anything like this and there are only three reasons I bought it. 1. I know it's quality coming from the EF team, 2. It looks like loads of fun, 3. It looks bad ass.
If you've only been flying 3D aircraft recently the Pantera will provide a whole new adrenaline rush! Certainly gets the heart racing. It is very stable and easy to fly however, just pay close attention to the setup details and recommended throws, very different setup than a 3D model.
Apr 11, 2017, 11:28 AM
John
Thanks. Do I need to keep up some speed for landing or can we bleed off for approach?
Apr 11, 2017, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672
Thanks. Do I need to keep up some speed for landing or can we bleed off for approach?
Very easy to land. Big wing chord keeps things stable when slowed down.
Apr 11, 2017, 01:16 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Looks bad ass. I checked the manual. Lots of cool engineering in this one.
Apr 11, 2017, 03:12 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Looks bad ass. I checked the manual. Lots of cool engineering in this one.
Chris, what props are in the photos? Looks like CF props? Do CF props offer a performance gain at these speeds over wood?
Richard
Apr 11, 2017, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
APC-E 9X9, painted black. I also tried the Aeronaut 9x9 from Esprit but the APC appears to be faster. Will verify with GPS next time out. I'd recommend the APC over wood for this model.
http://extremeflightrc.com/APC-Elect...-9_p_2276.html

Quick Reply