This thread is privately moderated by AlkaM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 10, 2017, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Some more diy boards

The next few boards are variations of the charge pump, driverless all nfet design.

I really liked the simplicity of this type of esc. I was searching for a mosfet that was cheap to buy and had a good current capability but was still hand solderable. The mosfet that stuck out was the psmn2r4 . This is a 3.3 mm design that still has legs and costs about 30-50 cents to buy. The 2.4 mOhm RdsOn was pretty decent and i have not had one blow up on me yet.

There are two layouts here, one for a two layer board. I have been flying with these ones on my larger quad for over a year.
The smaller of the two is a four layer board, a little harder to do yourself but does shrink the size down to something thats in the realm of possibility for a mini quad. I am using these esc's on two of my quads ( 6 inch and 4 inch ) with up to 4s battery.

They handle damped light and blheli just fine. The firmware for blueseries n-fet 30amp will work.
The schematic is the same as the last board. There are a number of different configurations that I played around with based around that general circuit design. Different mosfets and package options. I will put all of them up here eventually.

All source files and gerbers are included in the zip.

EDIT : BIG thanks to Hiidtubakas for taking my terrible schematics and making some sense of them.. his cleaned up schematic added to the pics.
Last edited by AlkaM; Apr 11, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2017, 03:41 PM
Waiting forward to schematics. I am trying to build one myself and have a limited time-schedule so it would help me alot. Thank you!
Apr 10, 2017, 04:14 PM
Thread OP
Schematic are in the zip file. You will need to open it in the free version of diptrace. Its a mess but you can hopefully follow it.
The values of the parts and resistors are not filled in, in the schematic but i will gladly help you choose the right ones if you are stuck.
Apr 10, 2017, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkaM
Schematic are in the zip file. You will need to open it in the free version of diptrace. Its a mess but you can hopefully follow it.
The values of the parts and resistors are not filled in, in the schematic but i will gladly help you choose the right ones if you are stuck.
Thank you! I sent you a PM.
Apr 10, 2017, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
Added values to schematic

Quick Reply