Help Us, Help You! Guide To Effective Questions. - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by xanuser, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 09, 2017, 10:37 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Idea

Help Us, Help You! Guide To Effective Questions.

As of late there have been a lot of posts here that require the people answering to ask additional questions, as well as indefinable titles and information that makes it hard to answer questions. This is a "How To" on writing a successful question and getting the fastest, most accurate answers.

BEFORE you post:
If your receiver is bound but you dont get stick movements in configurator, look up receiver port settings. Check stick ranges and set up arming switch or use stick commands to arm motors.
Don't for get to bench test failsafe!
When your multirotor's motors won't spin up together with throttle command transmitter, and you don't have props on yet, this is totally normal. its how a flight controller is supposed to work.
If your brushed quad's motors spin immediately when hooked to a battery, check that motors are set to brushed (or what ever your configurator calls that setting).

Read the wiki

1. The Title

Your title is very important for describing the situation. Titles such as "Help me" "Question..." "Need a fix" are never acceptable . Use a descriptive thread title, that pertains to your question and your rig. (Personally, I think all "cry-wolf" threads should be ignored.)

2. The Introduction

Now get everyone up to speed by giving us the brief gist of the problem. Make sure to use accurate spelling, and spell out all words (This is not a chatroom, its a forum! Take the time and write it out) Use punctuation and formatting to emphasize things, italicize important details, bold model names and specific devices. Use the stickied glossary at the top of this thread, if you don't understand any of the commonly used terms.

3. Details

Brushed or brushless? Self built, or prebuilt? FPV or LOS? Modded, or stock? How many cells are you running? (1s-6s)
How many props does your multi have, and it waht orientation? What transmitter, FPV gear, or GPS ect.?

4. Pictures and video.

Show us, don't tell us. We've spent countless hours listening to people swear they have their props and motors spinning right, only to find out when a pic is finally posted that a prop was on upside down.

5. Extra tips

Be patient and polite. No one is getting paid here. Do not expect to be spoon fed.
Many of us cringe at the use of the word Drone, you might get more help by avoiding the D word altogether.
Last edited by xanuser; Nov 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2017, 10:37 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
I got the idea for this thread from the Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes Beginner Training Area (Fuel) section:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...in-three-steps section. and asked for permission to copy/tweak it. Thanks John! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=98221

PLEASE add your suggestions, and ill edit them into the OP, so we can save everyone some time, and then we can all have more time to fly more packs!

Be safe! Fly happy!
Apr 09, 2017, 05:03 PM
Critic at Large
I have some very basic FAQ here:
http://droneflyers.com/talk/forums/q-and-a-archive.18/
Apr 10, 2017, 01:02 PM
Registered Quadcopter Abuser
Very good info, this should be sticky.
Apr 10, 2017, 01:31 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMower_NL
Very good info, this should be sticky.
Thanks!
Sticky status is achieved by hitting the '[!] Report' button, and finding the "stick/unstick this thread" in the dropdown... (right near the top, under thread functions)
Apr 10, 2017, 01:36 PM
Reported!
Apr 10, 2017, 03:18 PM
Use [.CODE] insert logs or settings dumps here [./CODE] (omit the dots) to keep the thread legible.

Example:
Code:
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
Apr 10, 2017, 03:22 PM
Deleting a comment, since this is now a sticky.
Jun 23, 2017, 04:25 PM
Guys iam facing a very weird problem , one of my esc in my quad Is giving me a real hard time . I am using a kk 2.1.5 boatd with emax 30A simonk esc , they are connected to genuine sunny sky 2212 motors . When i had finished with the setup of my kk board i went on to start it up , 3 of my esc (m1 M2 m3) gave the usual chimes and calibrated themselves . The m4 esc (rudder or yaw) did not . It started its chime a bit late , it stares spinning on its own when I exited the menu . This is my first quad build and iam a bit puzzled as to what to do . I am attaching a video of the same problem that iam having . Please be kind enough to refer to it and help me with my problem.
kk 2.1.5 m4 esc problem (2 min 12 sec)
Jun 27, 2017, 02:44 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
please turn your phone when filming.. so we have a wide view. now i can't see anything good on the display..

recheck if you have the kk set quad X.

also recalibrate the esc's. no4 esc thinks it is getting throttle signal..