Sep 27, 2019, 03:29 PM
I hate spray cans
How ya doing on this bird Bob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2019, 04:23 PM
Mustang Fever
Thread OP
Hi, Don. Good to hear from you.

I got hung up on the wing motor wiring, but I think I've got it worked out now. Hope to fly her next spring.
Sep 27, 2019, 05:28 PM
fastruchard

Like your DC-6

Plans, plastic and laser kit, Sarik Hobbies https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product...stellation-88/

My all foam Connie from the above plans really fly's nice at 16.5# does not fly to fast. Don't need flaps to land.

Video of Skyhawks Labor Day show, my Connie is shown fling on the video. Was well like at the show.
Labor Day 2019 (9 min 43 sec)

Tony
Oct 04, 2019, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by don olsen
Pat also has a Connie If the one on ebay is from a guy AMA MODELS don't buy it. I am finishing a Beech 18 from him and it has been a nightmare
I just bought enlarged DC-6 plans ,from 60" to 80" and being my request.from AMA off e bay ,I know as a fact that he is working with the 60" DC-6 B plans drawn by Pat Tritle. The do not buy it comment has my attention as I'm looking at a set of $30 plans on eBay for a 61" Lockheed Constellation and not sold under the name "AMA any thoughts on this set of plans ?? Thank You.
Oct 08, 2019, 08:10 AM
fastruchard

Might try this free download Connie plans
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2863

Tony
Oct 13, 2019, 11:06 PM
Thanks Tony,plan looks like the one that appears in October 2019 Model Aviation Magazine. Titled Styrofoam Constellation design by Keith Sparks. TKS
Oct 16, 2019, 09:48 AM
Just ordered the plans,looks to be a great build. Based on your thread. Will order the laser cut parts pack before proceeding as the parts seem very complex as opposed to a Pat Tritle Douglad DC-6 I recently completed.
Last edited by fastruchard; Oct 17, 2019 at 05:09 PM.
Oct 31, 2019, 08:44 PM
Today I recieved the 9 sheets of plans from England,very impressive,ordering the lasor cut balsa short kit now snd once recieved,I will start my own build thread on this fascinating airliner. Here are a couple shots if the plans.Sorry the builder of this Lockheed Constellation never respondeed to any of my posts,I truly hope all.is well with this talented craftsman.
Nov 03, 2019, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hunt
My total amperage will be around 80, way beyond the ratings for Deans plugs. I like using "throttle cut" on my Tx, but with L and R separated, it doesn't work. A nice feature of CC ESCs is that if you plug in at half throttle, they don't arm.

I think I might have flown on a 4-0-4 at one time or another. I took a lot of Piedmont flights when I was in the Army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokis
Nice build,I love Connies!A couple of year ago a friend of mine,Ivve Hallberg here in Sweden,built PND Connies,One was the same as the one you build and the other one a larger version (1:10) I flew the larger one a couple of nights ago and my wife handled the camera.
See a Connie in the air might be inspiring? Flying them sure is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvUGy9n11t8
Impressive in any size and nice flying site.
Last edited by fastruchard; Nov 04, 2019 at 03:10 PM.
Nov 29, 2019, 06:51 PM
Mustang Fever
Thread OP
Seems like every step on this aircraft has been nothing but trouble. I got tired of it hanging over my head, took all my bits out of it and scrapped it. Haven't felt this good about modeling in ages. Started on a 60 size P-400 from plans that I've had for awhile. E power, of course.
Nov 30, 2019, 01:22 PM
Mustang Fever
Thread OP
If one of you Connie builders still need retracts, I have the Robart 510 series electric 90 degree mains and nose, rail mount, with wire struts and wheels. Without the wheels, these list for around $300. My price: $200 cheap.

NOTE: you will have to get your own Robart control box, and these are wider than the mounts in the Connie. I found it necessary to install the rails further apart. As I recall, by about a half inch total. Otherwise perfect fit, and they are set up for the size of the Connie's wheel wells.

Quick Reply