The Sixteen-Dollar Race Frame - RMRC Booth at Toledo 2017

We're here at Toledo Weak Signals 2017, and RMRC just leaked a brand new race/freestyle frame with value as the main objective. Let's take a look!

Splash

The Valorem 230

There was a nice hidden gem at the Readymaderc booth in Toledo today. Sitting on the table with no tags or info was a new quad that's yet to be released. The RMRC team told me about this little 230mm frame that will cost you just about as much as a two-topping pizza! The Valorem 230 (Latin for value) will cost $15.99 and will be available in 6" and 7" arm versions. The frame features aluminum standoffs, with an optional HD aluminum bracket and swivel mount.

That's all we know at the moment, but even with these few details, I can tell this frame will be a big hit. Whether you use it for racing, freestyle, or just learning how to fly quads on the cheap, the Valorem 230 will be a great value. Stay tuned to RCGroups for more!

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Apr 08, 2017 at 07:55 PM..
Apr 09, 2017, 09:23 AM
fly a LiPo a day...
Thanks for your reporting from Toldeo, Matt and RCG Team!

This frame seems like an obviously smart move. If people can buy an RMRC Strix frame for the price of a generic Chinese frame, I'm sure many will go for that (at least domestically inside US).

I can appreciate the very bland, straight design of the arms. It looks designed to be able to cut a maximum number of arms out of any given flat sheet of CF, with minimum cutting waste. While this obviously helps to keep the price down, it's also good for the environment, as less CF cutoffs end up in a landfill or, heaven knows, wherever else (like in a pile behind the factory).
Apr 10, 2017, 08:21 AM
Guess Who's Back? :D
It will also be in 5" out of the package with 6" and 7" available and other flavors coming later The Team Camera mount and Hd Mount are optional and will fit without modification. Also the Connex system fits without issue.
Apr 10, 2017, 08:51 AM
This looks great! I've been a huge fan of their ZMR frames for starting off and this looks like another great affordable option that should be a little lighter. If RMRC would update their ZMR top plate design to allow a camera uptilt cutout at the front they would be the perfect budget frame combo.
Apr 10, 2017, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2
This looks great! I've been a huge fan of their ZMR frames for starting off and this looks like another great affordable option that should be a little lighter. If RMRC would update their ZMR top plate design to allow a camera uptilt cutout at the front they would be the perfect budget frame combo.
That is what this frame is meant to do, you can get almost 90 degrees of tilt and it is a true x so it is very well behaved
Apr 13, 2017, 01:03 PM
gaak! That front aluminum combo standoff and camera holder is sexy. Please tell me it is what it looks like; a multi piece design so we can adjust the angle of the camera.

For $16, shut up and take my money! When available?
Apr 18, 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
gaak! That front aluminum combo standoff and camera holder is sexy. Please tell me it is what it looks like; a multi piece design so we can adjust the angle of the camera.

For $16, shut up and take my money! When available?
The Aluminum part is the RMRC Team Camera mount, the basic will have standoffs up front and the 3 holes on the bottom plate are to screw in a camera u bracket.

Here is the camera mount. Or in orange.
Apr 18, 2017, 08:05 AM
More eye candy..

Apr 24, 2017, 08:38 AM
Started my Valorem 230 build!