This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 08, 2017, 01:29 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

another day with the umx radian

as today seemed a day worth trying to fly my planes, i brought with me 2 umx radians to the nearby park and had a good time, although it demanded all my skills due to wind and turbulence. i have been flying this little wonder for several years. as a matter of fact, i own 3. but after flying the 1st 1 extensively i began to experience loss of signal- and the consequent crashes, so i got a 2nd 1 and got back to fly it like mad. good weather in those years! again loss of signal and got a 3rd 1. but then i decided to try to find out what caused it and removed 1 servo from the brick and learned that the tracks were worn out so there was no contact. as i have several micros of my own design that use the brick of micros that has no gyros, i transfered 1 to the rad and tested it. it flyes great, although wind shakes it a lot. still more stable than others the same size, so repeated the transfer to the 2nd and flies as good. now i have 3: 2 for calm or little wind, and the spare for windy weather-although not as windy as i has been the past 2 years (they say it was that thing called el nino). but it was great to fly again! i hope spring will come for good and the good old times are back
an update: i heard that spraying deoxit D5 at the servos to clean and lubricate the contacts will stretch their life so i got it. i hope so.
https://www.hobbyzone.com/rc-airplan.../EFLU2980.html
Last edited by phil alvirez; Apr 24, 2017 at 04:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply