Esprit Model Toledo Show 2017

We talk with ZB at the Esprit Model booth and chat about the new Jeti Assist receivers, the Jeti Test Drive program and some fun news about Joe Nall.

Splash

Esprit Model at the Toledo Show

We met up with ZB at the Esprit Model booth to chat about the new Jeti Assist receivers, the Jeti Test Drive program and some fun news about Joe Nall. The Assist receivers have built in gyros and accelerometers to provide stabilization to the aircraft. Not only that, but it sends the telemetry data to the radio allowing you to see the artificial horizon and watch it move in real time. That's some neat stuff and I'm sure we'll find some useful way to take advantage of this technology when it hits the US market this summer.

ZB also let us know about the Jeti Test Drive program where anyone can put down a refundable deposit and have a Jeti Carbon DS-16 radio and receiver sent out to test for 2 weeks. If you like it, you can buy a new one and if you don't, it only costs you the shipping to have tried it out. There's a good chance though that once you get your hands on a Jeti, you will not want to let it go.

You'll have another opportunity to try a Jeti radio out at Joe Nall. ZB and the Esprit crew will have two planes setup and on the flight lines ready for anyone to come and take it for a spin. Both planes have full telemetry and it's a great way to check out all the cool things you can do with these high end Jeti radio systems.

Apr 09, 2017, 09:47 AM
fly a LiPo a day...
The large Jeti Assist RX case jutting out of that fighter plane looks a bit awkward. This makes me wonder: Does Jeti have any micro receivers on offer, e.g. like the Spektrum remote/satellite RX or FrSky's lightweight, de-cased receivers? Or are Jeti systems mostly geared towards large and giant-scale RC models?
Apr 09, 2017, 11:15 AM
RCG Staff
No they have tiny receivers too, just not with the gyro stabilization yet.
Apr 09, 2017, 11:38 AM
fly a LiPo a day...
OK. Thanks, Jason!
Apr 09, 2017, 04:18 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
The large Jeti Assist RX case jutting out of that fighter plane looks a bit awkward.
It was just a joke mounting it there, standard sized RX on a micro bird. People were getting a good laugh when they saw it.
Apr 09, 2017, 06:34 PM
stegl
And what foamie needs a 10 channel receiver ? With two power inputs ....... True , I think that was just fir a laugh !
Apr 09, 2017, 07:30 PM
RCG Staff
Right. It made a cool demo of the tech for sure.
Apr 09, 2017, 09:30 PM
fly a LiPo a day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
It was just a joke mounting it there, standard sized RX on a micro bird. People were getting a good laugh when they saw it.
Thanks for clearing that up, Matt! That RX box did look unusually large, compared to the stabilizing RX I've seen (Spektrum and Orange). My largest plank is a Multiplex Fun Man, and I fly mostly mini and micro quads. So I have zero exposure to the more sophisticated and larger components for bigger aircraft. Without any context, the joke went right over my head.

I suspect that it was my sneaky subconscious that made me ask about smaller RX, to see whether there was a way to justify a nice Jeti TX for my toy size flying models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl
And what foamie needs a 10 channel receiver ? With two power inputs .......
Thanks, Stegl. Now that you mention it, I do see the dual battery connections. I should have looked more closely, and would have known that was for redundancy on a seriously big bird.
Apr 14, 2017, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Surely you guys are not being serious

This is clearly a static display demo and the best way to facilitate it is to mount it on a small platform. Do you honestly expect them to hide the RX in a 3M plane and then maneuver that around.
Last edited by darryltarr; Apr 14, 2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo